Holy Aggro batman

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zarcal, Feb 15, 2017.

1. zarcal Elder

My DPS druid got herself killed on first 2 pulls before i figured it out
  2. Aelen Augur

Yeah. Nature's Fiery Wrath is 32k aggro per tick unless they ninja-fixed DoT aggro's interaction with Spellcasting Subtlety.
  3. Riou EQResource

Use a real Warrior or SK as your tank :p
    Gundolin likes this.
  4. Kobrah Augur

dots are 1:1 agro generation so plan accordingly hehe
    Slippry and Sindaiann like this.
  5. Drogane Journeyman

Sweet maybe I'll be able to molo with a wiz merc on burn and it won't pull Agro after 2 casts.
  6. fransisco Augur

dot crits are INSANE agro. You can watch your agro tick up 10-20% with a single crit sometimes on my enchanter.

I'm hoping that as more classes get powerful dots, the devs will rework how dot agro works, cause its just too high.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Aren't necros the only class not reworked now?
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Want to keep the groups tank on their toes? Punch turn undead. Smite the wicked is not even a blip on the aggro radar, while doing far more damage generally.
  9. seber Augur

neco and SK love God can do neco and SK if do sham neco is the same realy .???
  10. Brohg Augur

Crits do not change agro for anything that can crit.

there's only one left to update :p I agree, though, that it's pretty shocking dru/shm updates went into the world before a code update to fix DoT subtlety
    Sancus likes this.
  11. fransisco Augur

Where do you get this info Brohg?
  12. sojero One hit wonder

There are at least 2 that need updating, necro and SK.
    Xanathol likes this.
  13. sojero One hit wonder

Maybe we should try and work with the dev crew to get a negative bonus hate attribute attached to many of the new dot lines for shm/druid/necro like the ranger dot has.
  14. fransisco Augur

Enchanter dots too
  15. Quixotic Journeyman

And Bard!
  16. Vrinda Augur

We of the necro community thank you for your sacrifices. You not only made more room for our dots, but we can wake your corpses, too!
  17. moogs Augur

Yeah, so DoT aggro needs to be reworked...I cast a single magic wasp dot and nothing else and my tank mercenary takes over 30 seconds to taunt it off of me.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

Merc needs aggro increase?
  19. moogs Augur

Yeah, maybe. I think I have it at 5/8 or 6/8 ranks, whatever it is, but I'm not sure if maxing it will make that much of a difference.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. kizant Augur

The agro should be very high if you want to do that kind of DPS. Do what they used to tell wizards who over agro'd. Don't cast so much.