Question about starting

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Pantheon77, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Pantheon77 New Member

Have not played this game for a very long time.
    Want to play Wizard, is it doable solo at all?
    I would group with others if I could find others.
  2. Ryanxp Augur

3. Ryanxp Augur

Starting out, you'll want to use a Tank Merc up until at least Lv.60. I wouldn't begin to choose between different mercenarys til then.

As a wizard, you get spells that land on 4 targets nearby that will either snare or root them in place. Soloing is definitely viable (for every class in the game) up until at least 75-ish, but it progressively gets harder around 60.
  4. Pantheon77 New Member

ok Thank you for your info
  5. Gundolin Augur

I molo'd with my Wizards pretty easily up until the high 80's. He's horribly underequipped though, cause most of the things I could solo don't drop much in the way of loot. I would do regular searches for players from 80 - 95 who are playing at the times you play, see if you can find a guild that many of them belong to and join it. Just a suggestion, but without a guild getting groups is difficult, especially at lower levels.
  6. Peechka Journeyman

Best way to play EQ these days is with at least 3 toons (or at least 2), not a must but one being preferably a real tank. Then fill the rest of the slots with mercs. If money is an issue you can play for free on Test server if youre going to be soloing anyway. The 3 toons and 3 mercs will assure you can pretty much beat any group content up to max level, including nameds. With only molo youre going to run into a wall inevitably.
  7. Gundolin Augur

If that is true for you, that's fine and enjoy. Personally I would not agree with this advice. I'd prefer to solo till a group can be found, than to 2 or 3 box.
    Elsewhere and moogs like this.
  8. skattabrainz Augur

On Phinny or on the more populous regular servers (fv, xegony, etc) it should be pretty easy to get scooped up into the server's big casual guild (or one of them, I know xegony has a few) and never be lacking for a group mate.