New Pick Lock feature is terrible.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Bewts I had trouble continuing through your post after you stated Phinny was the only server with instanced raid content. There are like 20 servers with instanced raid content (https://www.daybreakgames.com/status?locale=en_US).

If folks think the number of instances are bad now, wait until April when every single group of 3 - 6 on the server can fire up their own LDON instance.
    Machen likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

Until an actual DBG staff member posts this, it is still pure speculation.
  3. Catashe Augur

and in the end what POSSIBLE other explaination can it be besides that
  4. Machen New Member

I can think of at least 2 or 3. The most likely alternative is that this fits with their vision for pickzones, that the original intent wasn't to have several picks with just one group in each open indefinitely.
  5. Stormblossom Elder

Knowing the reasoning might allow us to suggest alternatives that don't lead to forced group splitting and ending or lucky individuals getting their iwn farm instance until every one of their bags is full etc.
  6. Illusory Augur

Machen, you have to think maliciously, basically how can I make real money from EQ using instances AND stay under the radar?

We're not supposed to discuss ways to cheat and I'm bordering that rule, but I'm just throwing that out there as food for thought.
  7. Draekon Elder

Maybe a lot of the server crash is due to the extra picks all over.
  8. Arikei New Member

The new change is as welcome as a pedophile at a child birthday party. Change it back please....
    Renshu likes this.
  9. Warlorf Augur

OMG Arikei, you nailed it lol.
  10. uk6999 Augur

I'll say that with the new pick changes this would pretty much prevent me from playing on any future TLP's unless they released multiple expac's at once. One of the reasons I feel like the lastest round of TLP's was successful was do to the way pick's worked.
    Warlorf and Galleyan like this.
  11. Gnog Elder

Yeah, this change leads to exactly the kind of overcrowding that picks and instances were so good at relieving. No way I would be willing to re-roll and be required to level 1-60 again with this /pick mechanism in place.
    Chatoyan, Warlorf and Galleyan like this.
  12. Bewts Augur

PTE:

My scope was TLP, sorry that wasn't made clearer.

I have zero idea what goes on for Live, don't play there.

That said, I agree with your sentiment that server loads may make Phinny unstable with the increased volume of them when LDON is released.
  13. Galleyan Augur

This x 10,000.
    Warlorf likes this.
  14. Warlorf Augur

Im actually flabbergasted at this change. We were free to for the most part exp in peace before the changes. Really the only hotly contested camp was tables in BoT. Plzzzzzz change this back
  15. Bewts Augur

The problem here is that the mechanism to check a pick is specific to the zone and not the population across all base and picks.

I mean it's pretty rediculous that you could have:
    BP with 50 people in it
    I1 with 8 and the server decides I1 must be locked.

The real logic needs to check the status of all picks and provided each has at least 1/3 the required population, the picks would not lock.

If one drops below 1/3, and 3 are open, it would make sense to consolidate.

Consolidation should include yellow text notification, sufficient time to relocate, and pending timer expiration, an exac to ZI.
    Scornn likes this.
  16. RadarX Augur

This has a few too many forum guideline violations to remain open so we're going to close it. For those of you still retain the ability to post, please ensure you are compliant with the forum guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.