poisonmaking question

Discussion in 'Melee' started by svann, Jan 3, 2017.

1. svann Augur

Some poison recipes seem to have the wrong trivial levels. My skill is 54 and I couldnt make Bite of the Shissar I or II. According to both zam and eq traders corner those trivials should be 53 and 72, so I should be able to make both those as I have recipes in my list that are up to 98. It tells me "You are too inexperienced in your craft to even consider attempting this combination". Double checked ingredients and Im sure I got it right.

Did they increase the trivial, or should I bug report it?
  2. Lynnia Augur

I don't know a lot about rogues, but a little searching tells me that poisons like those have minimum skill requirements higher than the trivial so one cannot use those recipes to skill up. There are other tradeskill recipes that work similarly--the Extraplanar Trade Satchels for example one has to have a skill of 300 to combine at all but the trivial is 15/no fail, but it sounds like poison making has more such recipes.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  3. svann Augur

Trying several other recipes from Zam, it seems like there a bunch that have a hidden minimum level that is higher than their trivial. Is there any way to tell when I can make these, besides just keep trying them again and again as I skillup? Or is it recommended to just grind to max skill first?
  4. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

you can do the extract for all the leaves as one skill up, at any lvl, then combining extracts into poison for another skill up - when u meet lvl req, also nigreventor and gormar are all all and no lvl req to combine.
  5. ieain New Member