[CLR] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephsanity Augur

I like being able to put 3 Heal over times on my raid tank a few times a raid. But if I could click my bp to use during my burns that would be cool too.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm not against this with the caveat that the heal for the group comes from the total amount, whatever that number is (Again the 65000 was just a TALKING point, not an indication of the actual final amount. While 2m is not likely.... 65000 is also probably quite a bit lower than target)

These clicks really will only do a set amount, thus the counters. They are also an "over time" not "all at once" thing.
  3. Clarisa Augur

I still like the third idea (the rune thing) better because it is different and it provides a more immediate effect in reducing damage. It is better to not take damage than to have to heal it in the current raid healing environment. I hope it is not self-only, though, as another cleric friend feared it might be (though he might have been joking with me...).

As far as the Group Heal + HoT idea, if the total for the combined effects is high enough to allow the group heal to land for at least 30,000 and not have the HoT under 10,000 that would be fine. I know you do not like exact numbers (or just don't want to commit to them, which is understandable) but I use them because it is important in communicating what a significant benefit (to me) would be. I would, of course, argue that these numbers could be higher but this is the minimum for what I would consider significant.

In the case of the group heal, the value of Beacon of Life (our AA group heal that is seriously in need of an upgrade) is 19,000 and the value of Word of Greater Reformation (our spell-based group heal) with max focuses applied is around 42,000 without a critical heal or any boosts, so 30,000 would be almost in the middle of those (were Beacon not so antiquated).

The HoT value of 10,000 would be between the value of Elixir of the Seas (our spell-based group HoT) which heals for 8246 per tick and Celestial Regeneration (our AA group HoT) which heals for 11,100 (not including crits from either).

Given that the BP will be on at most a 5 min timer (or I would hope so), I don't think it's unreasonable to expect values somewhere in the middle of what our spells and AAs can provide. The maximum total healing value of both effects will also rarely be achieved. Something like Celestial Regeneration has the capability of healing the group (it can be MGBd but ignoring that for now since the BP effect is likely not going to MGB'able) for over 100,000 points of healing if every tick lands (not including possible crits) but it rarely does so because of competing heals that land more frequently. Unless a target moves more than 30-60 feet away from the raid, they are being hit with things like Blessing of the Ancients (an 11,820 hit point rain heal from the shaman spell Ancient Alliance that occurs every time a priest lands a heal on a target with the buff), Spiritual Swell (shaman AOE 3-wave rain heal), and Splash of Atonement (paladin splash), not to mention the splash heals, group heals, and spell-based HoTs clerics can cast. This results in a lot of incoming healing that will be competing with the BPs HoT effect to land on what are relatively tiny (in capacity) player health bars compared to a mob's (so a player's damage spell or DoT has a much higher chance to have its full effect than any individual healing effect does).

That is not to say that HoTs are useless or that they need to have a huge maximum total healing value to be useful (because most of it will end up wasted). I use them as frequently as I can for backup healing but I realize (and can see visually with a GINA trigger that informs me of landed heals and their amounts) that their effect is marginal. This is why I think you could be more generous with the healing amount/tick duration on these, with the understanding that they are not likely to ever reach their maximum total healing value in the current raid healing environment. I am not proposing a total value in the millions, but I don't think an initial group heal of 30,000 and a 10 tick HoT of 10,000 for a total (potential) effect of 130,000 (more, of course, with crits) is excessive either if you know that the average amount it will actually heal for will be far less than that.

Something else to consider that may further reduce the chances of this proposed combined effect reaching its maximum healing value is that not all clerics will use it in such a way to allow both effects to be useful. Many clerics will use the BP before any damage has occurred for the HoT effect alone to provide backup healing on engage, so the group heal will land for nothing. Some clerics will use the BP for the group heal alone, meaning that they will use it in situations where the entire group (or even just one person) needs a heal but is not suffering a sustained damage effect (DoT) that will reduce health further, so the HoT will land for (mostly) nothing. And there will yet be clerics who will wait for the ideal situation and use the BP when the entire group is damaged and suffering from a DoT, giving both the group heal and HoT effects a chance to be useful. The combined effect, then, gives the BP more flexibility in how it is used but it also limits its maximum healing potential because most clerics will not wait for the "ideal" situation to use it and even if they do, it means they will be using it less (which diminishes its impact on overall healing).
  4. Mykaylla Augur

Hallowed Blessing and Empyrean Blessing in VoA most definitely had (and have) hit counters (I still have my BP lugged around).
    Pulled directly from the current spell file:

[31279] Hallowed Blessing
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 90s (15 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 25 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Non-Crit Healing Bonus by 1950
    2: Limit Max Level: 95 (lose 10% per level)
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    5: Limit Type: Beneficial
    6: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    7: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    8: Limit Min Level: 80
    Text: Silvery light engulfs you.

If a hallowed-type click is what clerics end up with or requesting, please consider adding an SPA 136 limiter so that it only fires on single target heals- as this clicky type currently stands, if you use any group or free target heals, it will boost X of the targets for a footling amount and eat all of your charges in those casts.
  5. Gnomereaper Augur

What I would like to see either:

A) Pottery "Faithstones" that allowed us to have God illusions like Cazic Thule or Erollisi Marr
    B) A breast plate that transformed out group into gods and gave a large defensive increase and heal over time.
    C) TGBible group heal over time with a focus on the Light line.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I like the ward idea. Anything that lets me click and know people will need a little less healing for a bit so I can pop off a rez or something would be very nice.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Just letting you know I've read this in my latest pass.

It looks like current focus is desired

Click there is some like and some hate for a ward. More towards like.
    Maybe a group heal with a HoT on target.
  8. Heile Lorekeeper

Here's my suggestion on focus/click:

Focus: Faster cast time on instant healing spells greater than our remedies. (Posting on my phone so don't have numbers on times and all that.)
    Click: Cast a counter/trigger for twincast healing, on say next 6/8/10 spells for 2 min or so using, 200 mana (or something) minimum so no clickies count towards that.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.