[BST] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [47260] BST New Frozen Carbomate Damage 7
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by 7%
    2: Limit Spells: Frozen Miasma Poison
    3: Limit Spells: Frozen Carbomate Poison
    4: Limit Spells: Frozen Cyanin Poison
    5: Limit Spells: Frozen Venin Poison
    6: Limit Spells: Frozen Venom Poison
    Increases the damage of Frozen Miasma by #1%.

Current clicky:
    [47265] Fury of the Beast
    Target: Pet
    Max Hits: 16 Offensive Proc Casts
    2: Cast: Unleashed Fury on Skill Use (32000)
    3: Limit Skill: Bash
    You pet unleashes their inner fury, striking their target for 12500 damage, up to a maximum of 16 strikes.

[47266] Unleashed Fury
    1: Decrease Current HP by 15000
    Text: You are struck by a raging blow.
    Deals #1 damage to your target.
  2. Lifeshriek Augur

I would like to see for the focus:
    Al`ele's Vindication buff duration extension or reuse reduction
    Consumption of Spirit reuse reduction
    Maul reuse reduction
    I would like to see for the clicky:
    A Focused Paragon of Spirit that works like the clicky cures where if you have no target or an unfriendly target the ability triggers on yourself.
    A mini Bloodlust ability on a separate timer with either less proc chance or shorter duration.
    Frenzied Maul an ability that would function similar to Frenzied Swipes, but basically reducing the recast on Maul for a period of time.
  3. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

4. Kobrah Augur

Vindication should last until next repop unless u use all the charges. Evulsing lines should be made to last 10 minutes like rogue eyes. A bloodlust proc for a tick or 2 like rogues 100 hands aa would be cool but that's more aa stuff than a click I guess lol.
  5. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I still use my ROF BP click because I've parsed it. the new BP gives your pet a 15000 proc to your pet for 16 hits...The RoF BP has a 5k ice proc to your melee strikes for a flat 2 mins not 16 hits the DPS is better with the RoF BP. Don't believe me? Try it.
    Kravn likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

The existing Focused Paragon very much needs this functionality built in
    Vrinda likes this.
  7. Zunar Augur

Something cool would be nice.
    Maybe maul timer reduction, or al'ele's timer reduction.
    Or savage rancor extension or al'eles timer extension.
    As clicky...not another pet clicky, perhaps a crit boost to DoT spells, nukes or just the generic proc damage for self. Let em crit too!
  8. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

@AnzoRageSpirit: sadly, all our RoF chest clicks are also hit-limited to between 16 and 20, depending on tier. Chances to actually use all hits in the 2 minutes are better though, than to rely on the warder's bash to fire. And in terms of DPS, these clicks may as well be static background noise anyway...
  9. Zigie Journeyman

Something that reduces the cooldowns of some of our combat discs.
    18 min refresh timers suck sooo much.
  10. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Oh, musta been a visual bug or something cause for a while I didn't see the counter, only the 2m, but after this patch the 18 hit counter was back. Oh well though, the proc rate is better than the warder hits I'll have to parse it, but I'm sure the RoF click is still bettwr
  11. Duhbeast Augur

Either a self only paragon, or some type of defensive ability, or possibly one that increases spell dmg for a certain amount of spells.
  12. smash Augur

Dont think i agree on changing the focus to some other time reduce thing.

Reason, u use the frozen all the time, while the other will be like 10-12 min, giving far less output from it.

The click however would be nice to make independent of the warder
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Unfortunately, Currently, we can't do that with spells. A script on the item itself pulls the tricks that make that possible. Making the code changes so spells are able to do that is not as insignificant a task as it might seem from the outside.

The clicks are made to do a set amount of damage(or equivalent effect). Allowing them to crit does not accomplish that.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I do see that some people didn;t want it to be pet based.

But Beastlord!

Anyway I did see some mentions about Defensive help. What is the pet proced a rune that landed on its owner?

I'm not out and out rejecting the idea of a click that is user based instead of pet based, but, being beastlords, I'm leaning strongly towards pet based.

Would you want that over DPS as it is now?
  15. Stubar Augur

If I were playing, I'd suggest that there should be a move away from the BP click and add a mod such as 1HB or H2H 2HB or (Elidroth would be telling me to pound salt again) a mod that allows bsts to get a small amount of specialization. Unless bsts aren't a mana siv anymore.
  16. Lifeshriek Augur

If you are set on making it a pet based clicky:
    Maybe an increased proc rate for pets (or preferably pet and owner) and/or a hand of holy vengeance type proc (with a high proc mod) though just healing the pet and owner rather than the entire group.

A buff for the pet that when it fades or when the pet dies summons a swarm pet.

Also, if the focused paragon of spirits idea I mentioned earlier is not a good choice for the bp slot, maybe it could be added to cowls? Cowls currently have nothing but faerune for focus.
  17. Sliders Journeyman

What about if the bp made the pet do an ae attack like rogues, berserkers and monks get for 30 seconds? Or even the focused version.
  18. Zunar Augur

I wouldn't be entirely against the idea of a defensive clicky.
    The damage they do currently isn't much anyways and geting another pet damage proc copy would be boring imo.
  19. Sliders Journeyman

I guess focused ae ramp is out since it's not a set amount of something, but instead varies based on what I've read on the mage thread.

If it made the pet proc heals on the group, that might be neat. I find a lot of the time in this expac I end up helping the shaman in the group out on raids.

But a heal that procs is much less useful than a heal on command for those sort of situations. Maybe it instead does a cleric epic sort of thing and balances the group's health with the pet's, or damages the pet to heal the group?
  20. smash Augur

If you want pet proc heals, go back in history and see, beasts already have a proc on pet that heals target's target, so thats worthless, since cannot control that it heals at the right time, most of the time, it will do heal at wrong time, so 90% is not worth anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.