Just wondering why?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gulbinator, Feb 15, 2017.

1. gulbinator New Member

Server populations are decreasing to the point where yesterday I was the only one in LC for an hour.
    Guilds are disappearing to the point where there are only 1-2 raiding guilds per server.
    People are retiring every day from the game.
    There is no interest from the next generation of gamers (teens and early 20's) for the most part in this game.

Yet daybreak feels it is necessary to radically nerf and upset two classes worth of players. What did it accomplish? Shouldn't you be making the game more enjoyable for the classes who feel they are not as strong rather than changing basic mechanics which classes were built around for a decade?

Don't you want people saying "Yea I play Everquest because it is fun and challenging and there are a lot of good people."
    Instead most of the people you encounter either say "Is that game still around?" or "Yea I used to play but it was always broken or buggy or my class got nerfed or all of my friends quit playing."

I myself will give this a few weeks and see if anything is changed or reversed. If nothing is done than I will also be retiring from a game which I've played since 2005. It's not worth the time and effort playing the game if the people who are in charge of developing it don't understand the basic mechanics of how each class is utilized.

In all reality it makes me sad more than anything. Such a loyal player base could have been kept around to usher in another generation of players but ignorance in development leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth. Bring other classes up. make the content more difficult. Don't slap players in the face with nerfs and then ask them to still log in and play.
  2. fransisco Augur

When a ability is brokenly overpowered, it needs to be nerfed.
    No other reason needed.
    moogs, Yimin and YellowBelly like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

If every class in the game could kill twelve spiders at once, then we would not have these changes. But a class could, and it drew envy and jealousy from all the other classes that could not.

I think the developers are trying their darndnest to achieve some sort of class balance. They may win some, they may lose some. But they are trying.
    Sancus, moogs, fransisco and 3 others like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

OP must have been out sick the day they gave Knights stances. (Hint, a *lot* of the time, the whole "don't nerf me, buff him!" concept is flawed and ridiculous)

If they take away one classes' lollipop those guys cry.
    If they give another class their own lollipop, the first kid cries.

The only common trend is salt. So much salt.
    moogs likes this.
  5. Peechka Journeyman

Meh, its not like this just appeared out of thin air when Kunark went live. This has been around for years, already nerfed once back in like 2013 or 14.

For years no one complained, and its not like the other tank classes cant do it to a certain extent? Right?
  6. GoldenFrog Augur

In the context of EQ, cleric mercenaries are brokenly overpowered. The capabilities they give cannot be acquired any other way, and should not be in the game. And yet they are needed in today's world to offset dropping populations and reduced class diversity.

"No other reason needed" is exactly the kind of simplistic foolishness that shallow, jealous folks have used to drive this game into the sterile monotone thing it is.

Of COURSE you need other reasons. The ability in question wasn't "brokenly overpowered". One consequence of it may have been an ability YOU consider brokenly overpowered. But completely jacking a class' core and balance over your single-minded view point ...

Yeah. I've run out of steam.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Bamkan Augur

Identify the problem. Identify accurately what is causing the problem.

I don't think DBG have done that in this case.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Millianna Augur

It's more or less a political statement. What people are failing to understand is group support that was used. It's still possible to kill a dozen spiders at once and I am sure DayBroken knows that.