Massive chanter nerf and no one is crying

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Cicelee Augur

Don't enchanters have a spell that, to my recollection, is shared by the other INT classes and can absorb damage?
  2. Fian Augur

I am still trying to understand which raid you are in where you are expected to get hit by mobs enough times where you would need to cast unity twice within 12 seconds. Can you give me the raid name?
  3. Fian Augur

I assume you mean shield of consequence.
  4. Veros New Member

30 seconds Fian. The change is to increase recast to 30 seconds.
  5. Kassus New Member

Hopefully with changes to SK there will be less of them, so you will have to worry less about the FOTM Sks who do not know how to play the class and hold aggro for you to survive. For those times a few to many are in the camp unmezzed all tanks have flash abilties etc that allow them not to die and give you time to CC the adds. Being affected in the group game by this is more your tanks not doing their job or dps not understanding when not to dps CCed mobs.
  6. Fian Augur

Right, so I am trying to understand a raid situation where 12 seconds was enough for you, but 30 isn't. Can you please give me the name of the raid where you think it will be an issue?
  7. Cicelee Augur

So at the start of a raid, the enchanter in my group casts like 4-5 Enchanter runes on me. In an event like Ancient Dragon, for example, that is heavy on AOE damage from named those runes are going to dissipate fast. The enchanter is not chain runing the group throughout the event, they are doing other enchanter things.

What do you think keeps me alive throughout that event? I may have to cast that spell five, ten, twenty times during the event... but I am alive. And while that is not the only thing keeping me alive (group heals, AOE heals) it does play a pretty significant part of my survivability.

So I keep reading that raid enchanters are going to die on raids every ten seconds now cause of this change. I must not understand because I have much less survivability at my finger tips than an enchanter does, yet can live. So maybe someone can help me to understand why enchanters will now die on raids.
    Fian likes this.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

He, like me, is trying to figure out the same thing too.....
  9. moogs Augur

This is exactly correct. This is the way the class and its abilities were designed. The runes are there so you don't immediately die when something goes wrong. They are not meant for you to be the main tank for your group in your silk robe.
  10. Sindaiann Augur

Depending on how many enchanter's you have, ideally 3, an enchanter can debuff, rebuff, charm if needed, and dps as well as keeping lucem/auspice and/or indagator on 3 different groups during that fight. You have to cycle thru and cast 1 on group 1, 2nd on 2, etc to offset recast and spread out spell runes but imo there is zero reason on that fight an enchanter shouldn't be casting dd and dot runes on groups (especially if they don't have essence of the Dragon 2 yet).

But yes, between glyph spray, lucem, indagator and auspice prefight that's a nice amount of spell related runes. It's exactly why we want a single target unity spell rune, as well as a group unity spell rune. Maybe when the devs are done nerfin stuff they could give us that.

Ok thanks bye
    Sasquach of Maelin likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Although none of that really answers the question as to why raid enchanters think they are going to die on raids now every ten seconds, when they share a common spell as I do and have another 3-5 rune spells at their disposal. Enchanters have far more survivability tools than I do, yet I live on raids (for the most part) and now they are saying they are going to die.

I don't get that line of thinking.
    Yimin and moogs like this.
  12. Tyreel Augur

Things did need to happen to Runes and Unity but it went too far per usual knee jerk dev reaction. Hopefully it gets a partial reversal sooner than later. I can still tank group mobs without unity rune same as i was before patch, raid gear and a pile of hAgi accomplished that.

Our dots generate WAY TOO much ago. All the times that raid mobs suddenly start attacking me because something happened to the tank well good luck cause instead of riding it out for 6~10s and having a chance to get the mob picked back up... now 3~6 random dps are gonna implode. Also just casting unity rune on raids can lead to getting agro on adds which sort of requires casting it repeatedly till tanks handle the situation.

I am upset at the change to Chromatic Haze as it is a dps loss us and something that afaik was not asked for by necros. It strikes me as lets make this change now don't care who it censored over it needs to be in place for necro dot revamp coming soon(tm).

Long ago i learned that crying out and rage over chanter issues as well as warnings that changes being made are too good both fall on deaf ears devs do not want to hear about enchanters anymore unless they are forced.

As to why SK rage is louder than ours we didn't have an army of enchanters created to abuse unity rune SKs on the other hand...
  13. Aghinem Augur

Eh, what is the realistic number of people who were actually swarming EOK zones? You had one guy who documented via YouTube his swarms, but he also used a outside bot group that concentrated heals & AOEs to assist his swarm. I do however agree that Chanters did get unfairly treated in this nerf and was surprised there wasn't as loud of an outcry over it.
    Rivitt likes this.
  14. gotwar Gotcharms

We won't. Will mostly have an impact in group content where there are no charmable NPC's or things go FUBAR.

We don't have 3-5 100% melee absorb runes. We basically have 2 (Enticer's Rune, Polyrefractive) that Unity casts at the same time. We can provide a smaller group rune (that doesn't stack with Enticer's Rune) called Darkened Rune with a 100% melee absorb. We also have a large, long cooldown melee absorb AA rune called Eldritch that doesn't stack with Enticer's rune. There are a couple other AA runes that fall into the "once in a blue moon, if you really screwed up" category but they are largely unused.

Then we have the normal caster Shield spell, Veil of Mindshadow (partial melee absorb), and a long cooldown group "threshold rune" (Reactive Rune).

Then Legion of the Indagator (partial DoT absorb) Legion of Lucem (partial spell absorb), Enticer's Auspice (partial DoT absorb) and glyph spray. Keeping up the DoT guards on 3 groups is an essential PITA role on events like the dragon in t3. These do not absorb melee damage, and are likely what you get buffed with on raids (they have a comforting white/blue icon to let you know you'll go splat less fast).

All of the above is mostly for informational purposes.

Point of the tears is that Daybreak took a sledgehammer to a spell that could have easily been fixed with a chisel. It was unnecessarily heavy-handed and obnoxious, and due to the GoHT/CH fix, results in a hefty double-dip nerf for Enchanters this patch.

Edit: There's less "enchanter tears" because there are very few serious, high-end Enchanter mains left on EQ, and of those, only a small handful bother posting on these boards.
    Sasquach of Maelin and Rivitt like this.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

Those enchanters suck...no offense
    Reht likes this.
  16. Rivitt Elder

This.
  17. Tyreel Augur

It is not all about swarming in EoK zones SKs have been swarming for a long time just not always at lvl cap with as much reward. More recently with increases in power not being paired with the usual level cap power increases of the past(not so much lvl 100/105) is going to reveal, inflate, or create issues like these.

There are people out there that have geared out SKs at lvl 90, 95 , 100 just for swarm power leveling. Even a SK that never swarmed having extra mobs show up in camp just became much harder for them.
    While enchanter alts/boxes may hardly ever use Unity Runes and probably avoid dotting mobs because it is too much agro.

Some of the enchanters you expect to be very vocal also lived through expansions where we had no dps, no charm, some what ineffective CC and very little other utility aside from buffs and slow. From past experience the more we B**** and moan the more devs find other things to 'fix' with our class.
  18. Ninelder Augur

This is why there are so few enchanter mains left. The devs have done their best to kill off the class. My guild has 1 main raiding enchanter we have to have people play their alts on raids that require more.