Pet focus question (and more)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Just_Another_SK, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Just_Another_SK Elder

Hey all returning player here, and I decided to go back to my first main (necromancer) so far ive gotten to 75 and completed his 2.0 and did the factioning and got my CoA robe for clicky

My questions is about an item I looted "Oozing Bone Spike" from TBM equippable at 75 and has EM XII pet focus.. back when 75 was cap pet focuses didnt go near that high, Since pet focuses work by summoning a different version of the pet based of focus, Im wondering if the went back and made EM XII version of the 71-75 pets -or- am I getting no benefit from this pet focus until I reach higher level? if the later is the case id assume equipping an older pet focus item would be better. I appreaciate any replies

Also I cant seem to find much current info about Necros 101-105 online, when i last played a necromancer 100 was cap, I was able to pet tank DH HAs with merc healing while I DPSed and sent in swarms of pets, I see they nerfed the spell cast line of swarm pets so we can only use one at a time now. Dont get me wrong I love kiting, but it was nice to have the potion of pet tanking summoning mobs back then, can we still do that 101-105, or are we back to finding a small amount of places in TBM/EoK without summoners for kiting?

Thanks in Advance

Zebsiz, Necromancer of 75 seasons
  2. moogs Augur

Hi,

From looking at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=17181 this should affect pets which are level 76+. That should be the pet's level, not the caster's.

Enhanced Minion XII

Description
    1: Pet Power Increase (110)
    2: Limit: Max Level(100)
    3: Limit: Min Level (76)

The Oozing Bone Spike should be usable at your level (75) but you could cause the required level to be raised if you add higher level augmentations to it.
  3. Just_Another_SK Elder

ok thanks Ill get a lower focus item to use them for a little while, I think I remember an attunable one from House of Thule that was like EM V .. Thanks again
  4. Thash Zoner

moogs likes this.
  5. Just_Another_SK Elder

Thanks a ton Thrash, That link will help me alot
  6. moogs Augur

I used Shard of the Jungle Sentinel, Servant's Bone, and I think Chipped Shards of Dread and the heroic one on various characters. All are pretty common and you should be able to find one pretty easily in the bazaar if you don't want to camp. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=11331

I didn't bother with these EM items until level 80, though, which is when most of these become usable. I have a level 78 necro that was doing quite well kiting the spiders in Icefall Glacier the other day without an EM item.
  7. Just_Another_SK Elder

Thanks according to the link Thrash gave me above that wont help me until 76+ pets either though, what I'm thinking is a can buy the mage summoned items that you click for pet focus until my EM XII earring clicks in, I'm just not sure how they work, Alla says when you click them you get a buff thats like 4 hours and 30 min duration, So im guessing you click the item then summon your pet - I'm just unsure if the pet loses the focus gained when the buff from the clicky item wears off, does anyone know?
  8. Raytan Augur

This is also a good link for pet focus items http://eqmagicians.com/page/pet-focus. I know it's mainly for mages, but pet focus is pretty much the same for necroes and beastlords. The listed level is the level of the pet spell. Luck.
  9. moogs Augur

You don't click the item. It's a worn effect, so it's permanent. You just have to have it enabled when the pet is summoned.
  10. Felicite Augur

Yes. What ever pet focus you have equiped/active when you summon permanently changes that particular pet (the actual mob). You can swap gear.. or get naked.. suspend/unsuspend it - that pet will never change.

In other news, I too had a "Oozing Bone Spike" at level 75 and I can tell you that even though it *should* focus your 77 Warrior pet (and your 80 Rogue pet) it did nothing until the level 82 Warrior Pet. So I would take the effect ranges with a grain of salt.
  11. Felicite Augur

The thing he is talking about about is a Mage item (that comes from their caldrons). It has a "use" ability that gives you a pet focus buff.
  12. moogs Augur

Ah shoot, missed that. :oops:
  13. moogs Augur

It's not the spell level to create the pet, it's the level of the pet itself. Your pet should be a dark blue con and it's usually (I don't know exactly) maybe 4 or 5 levels below yours without the pet focus item. That's why the 77 pet (Relamar's Shade) won't be affected and neither will Noxious Servant (it's a level 80 spell but probably a 75 pet, just missing the level 76+ requirement).
  14. Felicite Augur

Ah shoot, missed that. :oops:

;)
    moogs likes this.