Enchanter Nerf

Discussion in 'Casters' started by tmplatten, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Anlak Journeyman

Devs totally failed to understand the class , and i guess there next fix will be another nerf or some random "" you getting better to add in useless stuff ( 255)"

(1) plz fix CH , you broke it
    (2) adjust cast timer , and reuse timer on unity you broke it
    (3) and now plz give me instant fade , with no reuse timer , and maybe i will not spend half my playtime in hover mode :)

the part about tank mobs , runes is not needed for that , last few expantions enchanter best items had Hagi as main stats , so enchanters who took the way devs wanted us to take has enough Hagi and ac to survive pretty ok in group game without runes .. in raids its another storie ( but i have yet to see an enchanter tanking bosses in raids ,, well since HoT that is :) )

anyway my hopes are low as i suspect devs for not really understanding the class , and the game in all

/Anlak
    tmplatten and Ratbo Peep like this.
  2. Xikteny Augur

Maybe if the chanter is AFK at the time, or sucks in general.
  3. PlanetNine New Member

This nerf simply means that other classes are going to need to do a better job of playing their character with an understanding that Enchanters can't do it all for the lazy players.

Don't expect an Enchanter to drop any dots to help that struggling dps either.
  4. Fian Augur

Charm is a slow casting spell. If other members of your group can't tank while charm is being cast, they die. If your entire group is raid geared, maybe it doesn't matter as much, but I often group with low gear players and the number of deaths in a group increase (from usually 0) when I use charm increases. Grouped with other enchanter who like to charm and seen the same thing.
  5. kizant Augur

I don't see how this really applies to enchanter runes. Even on Test, after the nerf, using my TBM group gear enchanter I can still tank a single mob in Lceanium without a healer or even bothering to cast slow. There's no reason to take a hit at all. Sure, now I'm losing dps and it sucks having to time re-casting of slow runes but it's still doable.

I don't agree with the long recast on Unity but enchanter runes were vastly different than wizard. It had nothing to do with health at least in the group game.
    tmplatten and Sindaiann like this.
  6. Fian Augur

I should also mention that I am not happy that I am going to be switching from casting rank 3 unity to a rank 2 individual spell instead. What is the advantage of rank 3 unity over rank 2?
  7. smash Augur

1 sec faster recast ?
  8. Fian Augur

Is that true? I thought all were 30 seconds, and could be reduced by robe focus effect by up to 2 seconds.
  9. smash Augur

rank 1 = 30, rank 2 = 29, and rank 3 = 28.
  10. Fian Augur

So with raid robe it changes to 26 seconds? Can someone else confirm this?
  11. gotwar Gotcharms

Yes, that is how it is working now.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  12. Verily Tjark Augur

I was soloing namers no problem in EoK Tier 1, but I would use a charm pet to tank. Where it's going to suck is if charm breaks mid fight, it could be a pita to get pet re-charmed and continue in the fight. Just going to have to adjust my style of play and take more precautions.

The haze change is the worst part of this round of nerfs.
  13. Rogue-loving Chanter New Member

So where are the Slot 3 augs that were supposed to reduce the Unity timers?

From the patch notes: All Unity rune spells now have a base recast time of 30/29/28 seconds and share timer 15. Type 3 augments will still reduce this recast time.
  14. Manaelil Elder

According to a friend his Shaman alt (note alt not main) is parsing 600k over 200s. That is clearly higher than a wizard parses on his best day with max adps. I can only manage 500k over 90s with iog and black wolf and a Chaze aa cast at the beginning (no chanter dicho or beguilers synergy). Plus the 500k over 90s is on a combat dummy and uses shocking vortex which isn't really available in a raid setting.

This is coming on the heels of the SK and chanter nerf and a year of zerkers being OP. I think its pretty clear the devs have no idea what they are doing.
  15. kizant Augur

I'm more disappointed that there isn't a fun 200 post thread about it yet. :(
    gotwar likes this.
  16. Manaelil Elder

The only post that I've seen recently where a class has undermined itself by being honest and posting parses showing that they are OP is Fintank's threads on the fact that warriors should be nerfed. You will almost never see an OP class posting parses on the forums because they can't practice cognitive dissonance and pretend the aren't OP when the numbers state otherwise. Ideally every class would post their top parses on the forums so we could cut through the BS and see who is OP and who isn't.

Idk if I even would advocate for a nerf. Recent evidence has shown that even when the devs do nerf they do so in an imperfect way that doesn't benefit the overall situation.

However that being said shamans should be nowhere near the top of the parse. The fact that they apparently have more dps potential than wizards, and by extension other dps classes like monks and mages is ridiculous.
  17. Vizier Augur

The Rune tanking always felt like unintended consequences of them trying to give us survivability. I am fine with this nerf. The dps nerf seems like salt in the wound though. Especially after releasing an expansion with ZERO class AA's for enchanters. Like wow...
    Brohg, Sheex and Sindaiann like this.
  18. Sindaiann Augur

Agree. Didn't know you still played Viz. Good to see an old school name floating around.

/wave
    Vizier likes this.
  19. tmplatten Lorekeeper

Yeah let me add to this. The nerf demands that we load another spell, thus it would be helpful to have 13 spell slots (hmm just for nerfed chanters), and more spell sets. That would make me feel better. Otherwise this has made it harder for me to do things. I still can, it's just more work/hassle. I would enjoy the game more, if i was not constantly swapping spells out. That's the situation very generally stated.
  20. tmplatten Lorekeeper

lol