Feb 15, The day all SHD became eunuchs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Unpleasant, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Thraine Augur

so everything you do revolves around Mortal Coil? Interesting, maybe you should be the one exploring the alternatives.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Hellboy007 Augur

Could this be merged with the other SK thread?? the one that just needs to go away. I know we are all shocked that some OP abilities get fixed. we should all just quit now. Pull our money and make DBG burn to the ground.

Jeez people wake up... OP abilities get fixed at some point in time... use them at your own risk.. dont be butt hurt when they are fixed either.

BOLO for your next easy mode ability and hurry and class change to there so you can be butt hurt again when that gets fixed.
  3. Kravn Augur

As much as I don't like this change, its not going to completely break the class. It is, however going to hamper our self healing capability when doing AE containment roles that the Shadowknight class is heavily designed around.

I have never been an advocate for swarming, but even 3-5 at a time will become very risky after this.

People that still rely solely on swarming as a regular means of XP intake, as well as some mid tier SKs are going to suffer with this though.
    Vdidar likes this.
  4. Kravn Augur

5. moogs Augur

SKs have lived the good life for a full decade or so. That's pretty remarkable in a game like this.
    Yimin likes this.
  6. Zarzac Augur

SK's have been the least needed raid class for ... EVER. Not quite sure how that's "the good life". This has been the first expansion in forever where I would even consider adding a third to the raid roster. That, knowing our two are about as productive as SK's can get in a raid. The fact has always been, the other two tanks offer way more to a raid (skill sets being equal).

Part of the counter to that lack of being worth a crap to raids, was SK's have always been the best vs downscale content. If you want to go back and do things from the past expansions, SK's have pretty much been the best at that since Omens.

As far as this nerf goes, it's just stupid, shortsighted, and very poorly thought out. It's the kind of last straw crap that makes people retire. It takes something away from a class that has been a core ability for over a decade. Any other class losing a core ability like this would be equally put out.

You simply can't, or at least shouldn't, manage the game based on YouTube videos made by groups of the best of the best players. You absolutely can't base nerfs on it. The real kicker to the whole thing .... THIS DOESN'T FIX ANYTHING!

By the end of the week, I have little doubt that Drogbaa will remake all of the videos post nerf. What then? Facts are this isn't an SK issue, it's a large combination of issues that talented players stack up to their advantage. The fact is you can take the same ROI group and substitute in Flint or Abazzagorath as the tank and you can make the same video.
    Xeladom and GoldenFrog like this.
  7. fransisco Augur

Ughh Whaaaa....?
    Dps tankiness? There is no such thing. Non-tanks get DESTROYED by normal mobs if they are not wearing raid gear in EoK. This is about:
    1. Tank DPS vs dps class dps.
    2. Tank class ability to tank being WAY to strong
  8. Vdidar Augur

Bye Felica
  9. seber Augur

2. Tank class ability to tank being WAY to strong

u all want your tank die more so u wipe more in group and raids wtf ???
  10. MrMajestykx Augur

[IMG]
    Sheex and Vdidar like this.
  11. Horyuken Augur

I'm interested to see if the Zerkers can match the amount of drama and tears produced by the SK community next month!
    Thancra, Yimin and Sheex like this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Unlikely sir. There really aren't that many zerkers and they've only been this strong for a brief period, unlike SK opaf god mode for the past decade plus! ^ . ^
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  13. Badhand Elder

Not only is it inconsiderate to other players when entire high level zones are being swarmed by a single SK but you have to wonder what super powers like this do to server stability.

If I remember correctly a Ranger was able to headshot up to 8 targets in one hit, now it is only your single target. You just got to suck it up and trust what is being done is best for everyone and not just about being the coolest cat on the block.
    Yimin likes this.
  14. bbanz Elder

Or they can increase the dmg output and increase the spawn time on FM sarnaks and Lcea spiders. Immune them to stun for more fun.
  15. Lianeb Augur

This one is to all the people claiming that the drogba videos were flawed and based on an sk with the best possible gear.
    He made those videos when he was in full TBM raid gear, it has little to do with his gear, and more about his skill. If you were to gear up full EoK T2 group gear you would have VERY close to the stats he had during this video.

This game out side of the raids is balanced around the group player. Whether you like to hear it or not "most" (not all) group players are terrible at this game. I have said this a hundred times it is easy to play x class but is hard to play x class well.

Droba's skill as an SK goes far and above the average group SK, the devs have to make adjustments based on how the game is played by the community as a whole. If great players are not kept in check then the game suffers later on when more and more learn how to do what he does, just by simply asking him.

Here's a news flash: Most classes in EQ are pretty sick with what they can do in the hands of a SKILLED player of that class (except monks)
  16. Aghinem Augur

I agree that if you are a raider; you can take the way you play your toon into the group game and dominate. That isn't what my argument is about though because I raid. My request is simple. Have him repeat what he did in a controlled environment, as they do with most experiments. Controlled by definition, the zone is clear of everyone but Drogba, the devs, and the mobs. Let him solo all of it and see if he can rinse and repeat flawlessly; in which if he does, then I will humbly apologize. I have no issues admitting if I am wrong about something. However, if he can't - then this "nerf" needs to be rethought. I have no issues with SKs getting a nerf to reduce the ability to swarm, but the manner this is being presented is like trying to swat a fly with a nuclear tipped warhead.
  17. Hellboy007 Augur

only thing that really changes is the 500 new SKs that are made every day to take advantage of swarming PL..

Good SKs will still be good SKs.

Loyal SKs will still be SKs.
    Yimin likes this.
  18. Cicelee Augur

Am I the only one who saw the title of the thread, and then tabbed over and googled the definition of eunuch?
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Dis guy can 'splain:
    [IMG]
    Sancus and MrMajestykx like this.
  20. MrMajestykx Augur

AND...there went my dang coffee while at work, that was a good laugh.
    fransisco likes this.