Enchanter Nerf

Discussion in 'Casters' started by tmplatten, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Ismel Augur

I foresee that I will die a lot more on raids with that slow a unity reuse, for the times I end up on top of the aggro list, this is sadly quite common with our high aggro dots.

Raise the BP focus by the same factor to around 6/8 sec, a reuse of 20sec should let you live ( I think/hope) most of the time and still make 24/7 rune tanking painful, even if any enc who actually thought rune tanking was a great idea should be spanked, and sent back to charm school right away!

I am going to keep thinking the haze thing is a horrible mistake and will be fixed.
  2. tmplatten Lorekeeper

None of our dots crit . n o n e
  3. tmplatten Lorekeeper

FREAKING FIX THE DOTS SO ALL CRIT DOH
  4. tmplatten Lorekeeper

Simply FIX our DOTS so the CRIT like they are SUPPOSED to do.
    /prob solved
  5. gotwar Gotcharms

You're misunderstanding what people are saying in this thread. There is nothing wrong with Enchanter DoTs and being able to crit. That is working fine.

Sancus was even kind enough to take the time to point this out to you and provide a parse to demonstrate in one of your several threads on the subject.

Please relax so we can keep our tears on topic.

I thought about this some more today, and it's entirely possible that the reason why GoHT isn't given a 100% DoT crit mod is that it would have the same issue it did pre-fix. In other words, characters would be under a 100% DoT crit rate modifier even though they aren't eating the charge.

It sucks, but it is what it is.
    Sancus likes this.
  6. Sindaiann Augur

Some input from Dzarn or something would be nice.

The current way it functions mean that enchanter's using Drown and or Bewildering Constriction, which by using both its even worse due to double dots ticking that qualify(as well as casts since they have a DD component) and eat Gift of Chromatic Haze, are going to see 3-5% dps drops because they can't control the haze procs and how they get ate.

If Dzarn comes in and says that is what it is, that we can't have dots having the 100% crit chance from GoCh because it won't eat the charge, then ok. I get it. However if not,I hope they are looking at it to see if they can get the 100% crit chance functional so the bulk majority of us who use multiple dots see a slight dps increase instead of a loss.

People go nuts with constant speculation
    gotwar likes this.
  7. RPoo Augur

Rune changes = poopy.
    haze changes = could be okay if properly executed, but they won't be of course because daybreak won't make it work properly before it goes live, So will be months more of bishing about it before they get their heads together to fix it right.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  8. Sancus Augur

So I might be completely wrong, but I did think of a theory as to why they might not have added crit chance.

Back when Gift of Hazy Thoughts first was released, the crit chance on chromatic haze didn't function until Dzarn tweaked some things and fixed it. However, after that fix (but before the rain nerf), if you used a charge of Chromatic Haze on the first line of a rain, the subsequent two lines were also guaranteed to crit (but not receive other benefits). I can't test that it still works that way since rains are capped at 40% crit rate, but if the code still works that way, I wonder if adding crit chance to Chromatic Haze would make the entirety of the DoT crit instead of just one tick.
    gotwar likes this.
  9. gotwar Gotcharms

That's also possible. Because of the way GoHT works right now, it's also possible that if it were changed to add 100% DoT crit rate, what you'd get is something like this:

Enchanter procs hazy thoughts
    3 Necros in group all receive charge
    Necros can't eat the charge unless they nuke, and they choose not to
    Necros receive 100% dot crit until Hazy Thoughts fades

Or it could be some horrific combination of both the potential problem you raised and the one described above.

Either way, a fix that didn't result in a nerf would be nice :(

[IMG]
    I brought enough to share
    Sancus likes this.
  10. tmplatten Lorekeeper

I look in my pretty spell window and I do not see any crits from any dots. Also I am killing things MUCH slower seemingly 50% slower
  11. Sancus Augur

I have to say, my jboots felt slower too, velocity be damned.
    tmplatten and gotwar like this.
  12. Blurred_Memories Augur

maybe we can campaign for an extra spell slot... since i'll be using poly and self only instead of unity from now on.
    tmplatten likes this.
  13. tmplatten Lorekeeper

Good idea I am glad you agree with me. It would help us a lot to have more spell sets, and more spell slots. There are so many things enchanters need to do and 12 spells does NOT get it done. We definitely need More
  14. Jordis Augur

I gave up posting and even reading the forums after getting all the "encouragement" to use the cripple line only to have it all handed over to the shamans. As a main in a top end raiding guild, I don't feel there's any point in posting anymore. Like you said, it doesn't matter. Part of the problem isn't the developers, it's the class itself, it's actually two classes, ones that raid and group and the ones that solo, with few that do both.

We have the rune cast times nerfed already to "stop rune tanking" when Plane of War went active. We've had the ability to stack runes to "rune tank" nerfed. The other classes have runes and a lot more of them are tanking things than we are. Increasing the casting time of Unity is just plain...well, malicious is the only word that comes to mind.

I don't know who thinks that rune-tanking was even practical, especially lately. The developers spend too much time watching YouTube videos that make it look like someone is big stuff and doing things that "ordinary" players can't. What they have done is found exactly the right combination to make something look better than it is in a specific situation. and not enough time actually playing the game and dealing with the in-game issues that they've created. The SK nerf is horrible as well, particularly in a raid...and I suspect that happened after somebody decided to show off on YouTube and instead of looking at the heals, and group make-up people got excited about one ability that contributed to the group.

What I was actually looking for was information on how the heck Chromatic Alliance works for us...if at all. I'll post one on that thread separately, then go back to accepting that nothing we say will have any effect what so ever when it comes to our class.
    Yimin likes this.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

Alliance works fine for us except for the fact that the damage from fulmination does not report for parsing purposes (can easily test this with 2 enchanters on group content and watch fulmination hit, plus you can trigger fulmination reached). This is known for all damage fulminations and it is actually sad that it still isn't reporting but meh it does physically do the damage.

Works as such

Enchanter 1 - Casts Chromatic Alliance (does not use up charges)
    Enchanter 2 - Pops improved twincast and uses 3 matching nukes
    Fulmination Reached

Enchanter 1 - Casts Chromatic Alliance (does not use up charges/nukes do not count)
    Enchanter 2 - Casts 3 matching nukes
    Enchanter 3 - Casts 3 matching nukes
    Fulmination reached

Obviously you can see how a rotation would work and how much easier it is with 3+ enchanters to achieve.

[50330/6676] Chromatic Alliance Rk. III
    Classes: ENC/101
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 14194
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Lowest -10
    Focusable: Yes
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 60s, Timer: 14, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 6 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 51182
    2: Limit Target: Single
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Type: Detrimental
    5: Limit Min Level: 96
    6: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    7: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    8: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    9: Limit Min Value: 2500 Current HP SPA
    10: Limit Caster Class: ENC
    11: Limit: Same Caster
    12: Cast: Chromatic Fulmination III on Max Hits Used
    Text: You become the target of a chromatic alliance.
    Forms a chromatic alliance over your target, adding #1 damage to other Enchanter damage spells (between levels #5 and #6, with a minimum damage dealt of #9) that land on that target for up to %z. If %L spells land in that time, it will trigger a fulmination, dealing much more damage to the target!

[50333] Chromatic Fulmination III
    Target: Self
    Resist: Lowest -1000
    Focusable: Yes
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 2341541
    Text: Your chromatic alliance is fulfilled!
    A chromatic fulmination deals #1 damage to you.

Notice the min level limit. Hint 105, 103, 100 is sufficient to eat charges.

Notice the search text in red. Can create a timer for chromatic alliance landing (1st one) as well a fulmination reached/end early text for the alliance being fulfilled (2nd one).

Hope that helps
  16. High Voltage Augur

The runes allowed bad players to play the class in a terrible way. After all they are just one of our tools and we aren't in an overall bad shape, even after this nerf.

Still, we should complain, cry, whine and call it the end of all days (SKs show how to) just because, ... reasons. Too bad (think also Gotwar said in a post above) there seem to be not many known enchanter mains left that can/want to credibly tell devs they are doin' wrong.

@devs I have no idea what made you think enchanters deserved to be crippled that way. I don't care what high end top players can do in group content, as a group geared casual player I did not feel being overpowered for a single second. After "consolidating" our best DoT into nothingness, the ticks of this nothing now eat CH charges for even more nothing. This needs to be reviewed and changed, so we can control our CH again. Put the recast time for our runes back to use a reasonable number, so non-pro players can enjoy the class instead spending their time face down in the dirt. Next time you feel like looking into class balance, go nerf mage pets. Or do something usefull, like modifing earned XP/AAXP depending on the strength of the mob vs the strength of the player?
  17. Fian Augur

Personally, I detest enchanters who like to charm in groups or raids (unless raid requires it). Charm breaks at inopportune times, and it isn't the enchanter who dies, it is someone else in the group like the healer. It also can be very confusing for group/raid on which are valid targets and which is the charmed pet to ignore. Enchanters should be taking disorder and bringing order. Charming is the reverse of that. Rune tanking, on the other hand, if you can do it, makes groups very predictable (although I agree a group is better off if you have a true tank, and enc can focus on CC).

On a different subject. They mention type 3 augs that reduce the cooldown time. Is this new? If not, where can I get one?
  18. Tereil Elder

IIRC, Katta Castrum: Deluge. ~15k from merchant. Has all the augs.
  19. Fian Augur

I double-checked before nerf. Only augs are for dps. There is not an aug for runes.
    Ratbo Peep and Sindaiann like this.
  20. Tereil Elder

Ahhh. Thank you. Will research and get back unless someone else does prior.