What is your strategy for run speed/mez/charm immune multi adds

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by VorgeVephyrson, Feb 10, 2017.

1. VorgeVephyrson New Member

So there are a number of Group Missions and even a few "Solo" missions that have a step in which you must "Defend" someone from an ambush. Invariably this is a 4 or 5 pop right on the target and they start beating away.

They are immune to every tool we have been given to deal in these situation. Am I to face tank these with my warrior and pop all discs, area taunt. Or should we have multiple tanks and take 2 each. Or is there a hidden ability I am overlooking.
    My group is all 105. WAR, ENC, CLR, SHM, WIZ, WIZ.

Walk me through, if you would, "Before the Seige" in Lceanium as this group. there is a 4 pop and then a 5 pop. HOW? None of my CC abilities work (What about ENC Beguilers Banishment?) , cant charm, cant root. can use any strategy.

Why would they use a mechanic as unoriginal and vapid of lore as IMMUNITY (because we cant think of an original way to make this challenging, so we will just take your tools away)

Disappointing to a newer player to see such a vaunted game resort to superficial tuning instead of creating a real puzzle for us to solve.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

With 2 healers and a mega burn group of 2 wiz and 1 ench the War should have no problem off tanking that much. If he does then just let the NPCs tank a few and back in back out when low health.
  3. VorgeVephyrson New Member

Ahhh! The quest NPC's can actually survive a few hits? Maybe even tank a bit? Can I even heal them maybe? I've been going crazy over trying to keep all aggro all the time. This is a great answer to our question and makes me feel better about the game. It was just a strat I was overlooking.

What a great hint, thank you sir/ma'am. Its like a whole new world has opened up for us :)
  4. Derka Power Ranger

Our mostly group geared warrior just face tanks them all with just a druid healing and one of us rangers doing an emergency heal or HoT on him. Take your time after the war leader guy and let all your discs refresh before you hail. If you aren't trying for the fancy conquest achieves let the NPCs off tank like Orbital said. Not sure if they can be slowed but if so have sluggish on war and do tugur's AE slow ASAP once they are in front of war. We've done it with a healer merc only before too but heavy dps group and emergency heals. Very challenging lol. (War, rng, rng, rng, wiz)
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

With rangers, make sure you are assisting tank. If you take on your own mob, you will get summoned trying to HS them while they are fighting others. Don't ask me how I know this. :p

Explore your buffing opportunities fully. ;)
  6. moogs Augur

Have you tried Stun?
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Stun work on raid so should work on the group version. You should also be able to buffs the NPCs with single target buffs. I personally grab everything before they even reach the npcs with my box group achievement or not.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

You can heal them and even buff them (single target) - They put up some pretty decent dps once hasted. You only have to deal with all the mobs yourself if you want the achivement. Otherwise you just have to help them enough that not too many die.