congrats druids

Discussion in 'Priests' started by fransisco, Feb 8, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

Congrats on finally getting your dots boosted
  2. moogs Augur

Thank you. The timing of this was unexpected. Best wishes to shamans and necros.
  3. Gundolin Augur

Man, I wouldn't mind a little bump to cleric dots either. I pretty much only use them when I solo but killing Skellies in SW takes forever.
  4. Raeff the Druid Lorekeeper

Thank god we druids finally got a little help. Shammy DoTs were updated also. The Shammy I saw on test yesterday was super pumped about the changes. From what I saw on test yesterday (for Druid)several different DoT lines could regularly tick for over 100K damage. (This is a druid with maxed AA for DOT damage except for the EOK Focus AA lines - though I do have some of those AA purchased also). My gear is group visible EoK Tier 1, with some TDS tier 1 and 2. So, folks with raid gear will be getting whopping damage from druid dots (whopping at least compared to where we have been). We can now root rot again. Yay!
  5. Dropfast Augur

Congrats Druids! Lord knows you guys needed it >< Now if you can get them to make most everything snare / root - able again you'll be living the high life.
    moogs likes this.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

How hard is it on your mana upkeep?
  7. Brohg Augur

That's not really the right question? They're hella efficient compared to old ones, if they're the right tool to begin with. Have to be fighting things that use most of the duration - at which point they're plain better than before.

Bigger issue is spell gems. Like, do you fight things with enough hp to use dots frequently enough to justify squeezing dots onto your 5 heals, 5 nukes, Twincast + Moonbright Frost spellbar
    moogs likes this.
  8. Slippry Augur

They're going to be brutal on mana. There's definitely going to be a limit on how many cycles of dots we can cast on raids, and Wrath is not going to be a spell you can use on every mob in a group setting.

Hope you like gem swapping.

My number of unique spells cast mid-event is going to be rivaling necros, and the only spell in my current loadout with a recast timer is Vida. It's already rare enough when I cast 12 or less different spells in an event, usually it's 13 to 15.

But DPSing and not needing to be support go together. So the times I'm having to swap in skin or WG aren't the times that I'm going to be running through a dot line up.
  9. Brohg Augur

oh god, not even thinking raids. there's 2 more debuffs, 2 more buffs, maybe a nonsense spell or two-three to wedge in while raiding
  10. Brohg Augur

Disagree here. If you get it's ticks (not grouped with The-DPS-Class-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named), then NFW is just fabulously good times. Illa used to type it constantly : the most effective debuff to inflict on a mob is "dead". You eat the mana cost, maybe get more serious about Nurturing Growth on cooldown, and flex NFW all day.
  11. Slippry Augur

I am very familiar with all my posts. But 15k mana is a lot.

The old problem of NFW still exists with this version, the better your group is, the worse it gets. If every mob takes 40s to 60s to die, it's going to be great. If everything is dying in 14s, it's going to suck. Unlike the old version, this version doesn't take many ticks to be worthwhile in terms of dps. But chaining it on refresh is not sustainable in any way.

This is not saying that NFW is bad. Just that the mana cost is a real thing that you'll have to deal with, and it might not be the correct spell for all situations. Overall, the spell is going to be the correct play in a lot more situations than it used to be.

In non-raid situations, NFW has been in my lineup for years. So nothing changes there.
  12. Sancus Augur

Awkward
    Belexes likes this.
  13. fransisco Augur

Also, watch out for the agro.
    Its CRAZY - like a mage who has summoned mod rods all night.
    Gundolin and Slippry like this.
  14. Morgen Elder

For the TLP folks: anyone able to give the updated dmg at lvl 65 for Swarming death and Immolation of Ro?
  15. Slippry Augur

Prospective spell loadout: 6 dots, 5 nukes, twincast.

Healing from Spirit of Bear, Manisi branch, sotw, cos, blessing of tunare, fireflies, telling the group to not take damage, horn of unity, and prayers of life.
  16. Brohg Augur

17. Mykaylla Augur

Current Live:

[3446] Swarming Death
    Classes: DRU/63
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 357
    Target: Single
    Range: 250'
    Unresistable: No, Resist Type: Magic -100
    Focusable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 54s (9 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 225 per tick

Current Test:

[3446] Swarming Death
    Classes: DRU/63
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 370
    Range: 250'
    Unresistable: No, Resist Type: Magic -100
    Stacking: Stinging Swarm 6
    Duration: 54s (9 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 259 per tick

Current Live:

[3437] Immolation of Ro
    Classes: DRU/62
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 295
    Focus: Fire Beetle Eye
    Range: 200'
    Unresistable: No, Resist Type: Fire -50
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    2: Decrease Current HP by 145 per tick
    3: Decrease Fire Resist by 35
    10: Decrease AC by 27

Current Test:

[3437] Immolation of Ro
    Classes: DRU/62
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 311
    Focus: Fire Beetle Eye
    Range: 200'
    Unresistable: No, Resist Type: Fire -50
    Stacking: Flame Lick 4
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    2: Decrease Current HP by 175 per tick
    3: Decrease Fire Resist by 35
    10: Decrease AC by 27
  18. Obiwon Elder

About time. Also just hope it's enough to make the druid class viable again. I look at the druid description blurbs from the first many years of the game and it's laughable. Looking at the upgrades above, still not sure this is enough to get them out of dead last in group desirability or make soloing viable. We will see once it get launched. in the old days I would run the numbers, but nobody seems to pay attention anyway.
  19. Obiwon Elder

PS, they left it out of the patch, but Shaman dots should be adjusted in the same patch. Not sure about Necromancer dots.
  20. Gundolin Augur

I heard they were waiting on Necros, since their DOTS are the most important they want to be sure to get it right.