Severe and shortsighted SK nerf with Feb. 8 Test server patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Khat_Nip, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

The devs should be enemy number 1 to all players as they slowly but surely do everything in their power to take as much of the fun out of the game as possible one class at a time. For some reason they seem to want the game to lose more and more active subscribing players.

It's like if Wal-Mart stopped selling beer, sodas, candy and cigarettes and then told the customers that complained to suck it up or get banned from the store for complaining. Granted this is an extreme example but all these nerfs for the last several years do not bode well for the future of this once great game.
    Xeladom likes this.
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

I play an SK a lot too. Mine is about 160K buffed and I totally agree with what you are saying. Mine was a main when I was raiding.
  3. Zalamyr Augur

I don't really like seeing nerfs to long standing abilities.
    Xeladom and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

That should be in the March update. I mean my pet, with max AA and max EM focus, can still tank a trash mob in Veil of Alaris and not die. I am obv OP.
    fransisco and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. moogs Augur

I agree. The way I see it, if you have very good gear you should be able to handle 1 trash mob with a surprise add by the use of a disc. More than that and you should not be able to survive for very long without healing.

A nerf is necessary, but limiting this to only the current target is the wrong approach. They could cut down on the size of the SK swarms by limiting the healing procs to (arbitrary number here) 5 targets, and/or cutting down the effectiveness of the heals by 50-75%. This is a lazy nerf.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

^This, totally. A much less swat a fly with a sledgehammer kind of fix.
    fransisco likes this.
  7. Fintank Augur

WTB a nerf to tank DPS in next patch please!
  8. moogs Augur

My 105 pet with Dimensional Warrior gear gets rekt in Velious content.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Lazy and unnecessary. Reroll to a warrior I guess since SKs are neutered. Then you can tank 10-20 mobs in current content while afk power napping. Running out of classes to nerf to into uselessness. Hopefully you all have an exit strategy for when they make the game unplayable and everyone has to find something else to play.
    Lisyonok likes this.
  10. Belexes ForumQuester

Yeah, there are many ways to skin a cat, so maybe they change the way happens later, but l doubt it.
  11. Sashnia Elder

Its sad that this is going to happen, but if its going to happen they need to increase the percent of damage returned as healing for one mob so we can STILL tank up to 4 mobs. Self healing was huge for SKs so this is a rather large nerf indeed :(
    Lisyonok likes this.
  12. Belexes ForumQuester

I haven't even played a fire pet yet. :p I don't want my ranger to tank when I box them. Maybe I will play it now that mercs got some slimy developer love. :D
  13. Ghubuk Augur

Increase the proc rate and heal amount, keep it single target and it probably works. Likely going to need a decrease in our lifetap cast times as we will definitely need to rely on them more.
    Dre., Kravn, Xeladom and 1 other person like this.
  14. Belexes ForumQuester

If I remember right, there are some focus AA that decrease cast times on taps.
  15. fransisco Augur

There is a difference between ruining the game, and removing god mode.
    SKs are losing some god mode. But all tanks still are crazy powerful tanking wise and dps wise. Berzerkers still have god mode as well.

Mages are obviously pure god mode since they have pets.
    Belexes likes this.
  16. Belexes ForumQuester

Well, if there was any doubt that devs don't read our whining, sniveling posts about abilities, this erases that doubt. :cool:

Now the posts are gonna get worse around here.

God help the magicians. :p
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Sancus Augur

IMO this is one of those instances where they accurately identified a balance problem and then decided to solve it with something akin to a chainsaw rather than a chisel. Unfortunately that seems how nerfs seem to go.

It's especially sad considering the positive changes in this patch (btw, this is a big patch).
  18. Xanathol Augur

The bolded part is a horrible idea. With their approach, you heal for your current percentage on a single target, ie. retain your current value, but lose value on multiple targets. With your approach, you would lose value on a single target but still have value when fighting multiple low level targets. I'd much rather keep value in meaningful content.
    Dre., Kravn and Belexes like this.
  19. Sindaiann Augur

To be honest I could care less about them changing Unity runes to share a timer, everyone knew that was coming at some point. But the recast timer? That's insane

Just for reference anyone who rune tanked was offsetting by 6secs to allow them to use both unity runes every 6secs. Making them share a timer alleviates that issue, but increasing that recast timer by over double..........why?

Live Unity (current)

[45057/6656] Enticer's Unity Rk. III
    Classes: ENC/105
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 4788
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 12s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 6s (1 ticks) Song, Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Hate: 5000
    1: Cast: Polyrefractive Rune Rk. III
    2: Cast: Enticer's Rune Rk. III
    Grants you the benefits of both a Polyiridescent and a Mastermind's Rune.

Test Unity

[45057/6656] Enticer's Unity Rk. III
    Classes: ENC/105
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 2150
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 28s, Timer: 15, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 6s (1 ticks) Song, Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Hate: -1
    1: Cast: Group - Polyrefractive Rune
    2: Cast: Group - Enticer's Rune
    Casts the highest rank you know of *$1+G and *$2+G.
    Vrinda and Yeyo like this.
  20. fransisco Augur

What confuses me is why they completely destroyed the enchanter rune spell.
    It now costs more mana, causes more agro, has a 2.5 second casting time, and has a 30 second cooldown!
    All of this on the silk class that is supposed to get hit.

I better stop speaking though, I'm liable to get mage pets nerfed.