To those getting stuck in pt1 of tutorial

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Durandin, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Durandin New Member

I have noticed alot of people jumping into the tutorial and getting stuck in part 1 here you kill the jailor for the key.

What is happening is people are forgetting something. The recent combat timer. That 30 seconds that you wait to start out of combat regen. This is what is getting people stuck in part 1 because they don't wait it out.

Most people know that the command, /pick, opens up a window to select from different instances of a zone should it be overcrowded. However you can't use this feature if you are considered "in combat".

By the game's terms you are not considered " out of combat" until the 30 seconds go by.

So when you hand the key to Arias and click "ok" the game trys to auto zone you. If multiple instances of gloomingdeep are up the "pick window" will appear automatically. IF you have not waited the 30 seconds and try to select a zone instance it will auto close and prevent you from zoneing. At this point you ahve no actaul way of zoneing from pt.1 to the actaul mines except having arias kill you.

So if you wait for that 30 seconds to pass by you will have no problems.
    ProgRambo likes this.
  2. ProgRambo New Member

Thank you for the detailed explanation it is exactly what's happening.
  3. Anhari Augur

You could always camp and come back into the tutorial. May take longer than 30 secs, but perceived time passes faster.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

I waited and the /pick failed, so the end result was the same. Good times.
  5. Potsos76 Augur

To be clear, waiting 30 more seconds and relogging did not work. Once I missed the /pick window the first time, there was no way to bring it back up again. I had to delete and make a new toon.
  6. Machen New Member

When you relogged did you use the return to tutorial option? Or just log straight back in?
  7. voltaireslap New Member

I'm sorry, maybe I'm an idiot but I don't know what any of this means

I gave him the key and he just stands there, it says "press ok and he'll lead you to the slave revolt" but he doesn't do anything??

Do I have to start over? create a new character and everything? is there something I should press or type into the thing? I don't have much experience with these types of games

I mean I've been playing like fifteen minutes and have spent and hour searching online trying to find what's going on. very close to just uninstalling this game and getting on with my life I wish it would explain something it's very confusing and doesn't seem to work correctly

edit: you don't have to respond anymore this game is absolutely terrible and I have uninstalled it. at least it was free lol
  8. Febb Augur

You played for 15 minutes and already quit over something completely trivial, lol. You seem to lack patience and thinking skills so you should go play a game that holds your hand and tells you how to do everything.
  9. Rhodz Augur

In fairness it is exactly what awaits him later so he just saved a lot of time.
  10. Bake New Member

I've ran a bunch of new characters through since double xp started mostly on FV and Brekt. I just target and hail the guy after i turn in my key and it works every time. I didnt even know it was supposed to auto zone you after you turn in the key.

I think it worked like that too on ragefire so it should work on all tlp's
  11. voltaireslap New Member