Fix launchpad.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Laeadern, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Laeadern Elder

As per the title please get launchpad fixed guys. This is becoming an issue.
  2. oldandnasty Augur

Please. Pretty frigging asinine this hasn't been fixed.
  3. Anlak Journeyman

WTF .. launchpad down again !!!! can we get a real fix to this problem soon plz
  4. lorneye New Member

EQ2 is working fine just the EQ regular I cant get in at all .. keeps error or time out. :(
  5. rmain1972 New Member

Having Launchpad issues... please fix.
  6. Riftwind New Member

there is a fix... create yourself an eq desktop icon
    edit said icon
    where it says LAUNCHPAD.exe replace with EQGAME.exe
    after the " at end after eqgame.exe hit space then add patchme
    bypasses launchpad
    Deloehne likes this.
  7. Deloehne Augur

This worked for me. TYVM.
  8. Laeadern Elder

A bypass is not a fix...its a bypass. They still need to fix the issue at hand.
  9. rmain1972 New Member

I used the above workaround to get in.

A side note,
    the launcher came up, and I pressed play, and it came up with an error after attempting to launch eq. It was basically a "unknown error occurred' message .. sorry I don't have the exact message.
  10. Temarity New Member

That workaround usually works for me, but all weekend, I get right before the character select screen and it gives me a big black screen that says YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED ... :(
  11. Anhari Augur

I found that Launchpad wants to delete the Log directory. If your security is too tight, Launchpad doesn't have permissions to do this. Work arou8nd is to do the following: *note this is a security bypass and possible h0le in your security. use at your won risk*
    1. Create a short cut to Launchpad/Everquest if it does not already exist. (Drag and drop)
    2. Right click on the Icon
    3. Click on Properties
    4. Check the box Run as Administrator
    5. Save your changes
    6. Double click in Icon
    7. Click on the Play button

Note that you MUST do this after a major Patch, or the EQGame.exe workaround will start to fail since the client will not match the working version. the only way to update your client is via the Launchpad.