Is corpse banking allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by R2D Hugs, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Galdous Augur

Eh. My only issue is the lag it brings on my laptop when I try to play the game away from my house. For some reason even hiding corpses it causes my toons on that crap laptop to go link dead til I leave the zone.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Corpse banking was never a "feature".
  3. Kaponen Lorekeeper

People also need to stop with this "thanks for levelling the playing field" nonsense. Regardless of player level, some guilds are just hands down better than others. The playing field was never level to begin with.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  4. MabbuPhinny Augur

This.
    Utdaan likes this.
  5. Illusory Augur

It's not a feature and it never will be; please stop labeling malicious tactics as such.
  6. Astley Augur

TIL... EQ "features" are things specifically outlined as against the Code of Conduct.

Looks like we've been looking at this game all wrong for 18 years...
  7. Rcbauer Augur

agreed. Some guilds need to exploit and use programs to compete with the rest of us.
  8. tuttles Augur

nah just a 7 day suspension would do, long enough for the corpses to offline rot and put them squarely behind for trying to get around the rules... oh the salt would so salty... try to get ahead only to be put a week behind.

Really though corpsewipe is fine, long as no one can benefit from rezbanking. they didnt do anything crazy outside the rules to deserve any suspension but the practice just shouldnt be allowed to have any benefit.

The gamble didnt pay off and you lost the time/effort... oh no you have to start at 60.99
  9. Kieel Pureblade Journeyman

10. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Corpses are still there lol
  11. MabbuPhinny Augur

16 minutes to go..corpses still there!

The end is near!
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Are there some competitive guilds that aren't using 3rd party software to compete, whether condoned by leadership or not? You're kidding yourself if you think so.
  13. Windstalker Executive Producer

Hey folks,

Sorry I haven't been about to update you. There was a miscommunication that I take responsibility for. We were discussing deleting corpses for all future expansions on all servers and our communications team correctly took the statement literally.

What we didn't clarify given our late discussion and the timing of Phinigel's next expansion release today was that we wouldn't delete corpses today on Phinigel.

EDIT: In case it's not clear what our position is going forward, we will not tolerate disruption of game play with the creation of stockpiles of corpses under any circumstance and corpse banking definitely falls into the category of unintended gameplay. In Phinigel's case, we made no statement on the issue far enough in advance to be considered fair warning...even though we don't endorse corpse banking.

We'll make a more formal announcement on the issue for all servers soon, but I wanted to get this out to you asap. Again, my fault for not making the policy crystal clear as it related to Phinny.

Back to your release!

Sincerely,

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale
    EP of EQ and EQII
    PathToEternity and Tudadar like this.
  14. Zunr New Member

Honour the word of you CSRs
  15. Baldur Augur

There needs to be a dislike button.
    ChangedName likes this.
  16. Ahze Elder

Gee, your miscommunication just managed to completely mess up our plans. Golly. Isnt that just awesome. Thanks so much for your impeccable actions.
  17. Karhar Dream Crusher

Corpses usually get wiped before expansion launches on live servers... why any different here?
  18. Tuucan_ED New Member

Expedient Recovery.
  19. Karhar Dream Crusher

read this line
  20. Lankie Augur

Perfect, perma bans for all who exploited.