Petrified egg ( rare EOK droppable charm )

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kookoo, Jan 30, 2017.

1. kookoo Augur

stat's= 213 ac / 5585 hp / 5615 mana ( charm slot )

** this charm gains power as you complete group tasks and raid flagging in EOK ....

well I have done all group tasks in EOK and have done LCEA and DROGA raid one and stat on that charm once equipped is :

stats = 108 ac / 2848 hp / 2863 mana .... what poor stats after completed almost all tasks in EOK...
    i paid 6 kronos , thinking that it would be maxed from doing most of eok tasks, but what a surprise i had after i equipped it :confused:

just hoping it could be a bug.
    Drusi likes this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Do the raid stuff.

The description says raid flagging. Why would you think it would magically ignore what it says?
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  3. Imak Augur

I looted one of these Eggs. Having beat all group content and all but the final raid event, the stats still make the item a downgrade. The max'd TBM Desire charm remains superior even at this late stage.

Egg currently sitting at 183 AC, 4803 HPs
    Desire currently at 225 AC, 4870 HPs.

Even when fully powered up, the Egg is still going to be an AC downgrade.

ps. Also applicable to the White Dragon Tooth raid-drop charm from Gorenaire. It has the identical stats to the Egg and uses the same script.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Imho these charms(petrified egg and white dragon tooth), should (at least) be comparable to other EoK tier 2 (maxed)group-charms after completing all EoK-group--tasks.

Futhermore they should be comparable to (maxed)TBM-Raid-charms after completing all group-tasks AND winning both tier-1 raids in EoK once, and then grow from there, to max-stats(or beyond) as you further progress in EoK-raiding.

This adjustment would make them comparable to what you were most likely upgrading from, and therefore worth wearing from the moment you aquire them.

That they will never downgrade again(no matter what you do), is still offset by the fact that they would take time and effort to max(as opposed to the charm that maxes with class-armor).

I have the white dragon tooth myself, and Im abit puzzled why it didn't upgrade after completing the "seal of di'zok"-achievement(12 tier-1 wins). Since that seal is indeed a raid flag, I would expect it to grow when getting that achievement. :confused:
    Collecting seal-bits from raids didn't seem to affect it either.
  5. Dropfast Augur

The one your talking about is not broke per say but it is silly design. Sorry to hear that but yea, for it to be worth a crap you'll have to get all raids done as well.

The tier 2 group charm - Star Plate Charm - is suppose to max out with just group progression done, but it does not. My Alt has all EoK progression done and it's only like half stats. It must be counting either raid progression as well or other non-progression stuff.

Also these progression charms are not better stats like they use to be even once maxed. My advice, avoid all the progression charms this round. They suck. What's the point of having a progression charm at all if it takes 10x more work for less stats. You can do no work at all and have maxed stats with the class armor one.The hunter one is feasible at least, will take some work but it at least works.

Really the progression charm should not have been done for the Ultra rare drops at all. Most of the Ultra rares end up in hands of groupers / Alts anyway who are not going to have all raids done so this charm is a walking contradiction. More Dev brilliant thinking!
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

It's frustrating. Historically the progression charms (like Desire) were the best if you had the patience to wait for them to be powered up as you could "overclock" the stats beyond 100% for want of a better word. I don't think anyone had any issue with this as the amount of work you put in was much larger than the other charms but sadly it now seems that the generic don't-fight-naked charm which is maxed from the minute you put it on seems to be better in all aspects even when ALL possible flagging has been done.
  7. MrMajestykx Augur

[IMG]
    Coin of the Ancient Empires..... ftw
    Dropfast likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Or we haven't seen all of EoK yet...

What do you think that Seal of Charasis is for? ;)
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  9. Kunon Augur

I would actually be kinda shocked if the next expansion wasn't EoK II with the introduction of another 1/3 or so of the new Kunark map filled in with us fighting the Iksar next. Then perhaps the Ring of Scale.

Seal of Charasis could be required to do the next expansions T1 raids if they went with a continuation like that.
  10. Imak Augur

After beating final raid event, Atrebe Sathir, the Egg is now at 204 AC, 5361 HPs.
    We'll see if it powers up any further once Seal of Charasis reaches 18/18.
  11. Hostility Elder

Time to unattune and sell!
  12. Axxius Augur

No EQ expansion has ever required raid flagging from another expansion.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

Not only that you need all raids done, you also need to do tier 3 18 times to upgrade the charm.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks for bringing the fact that this charm will not come to max potential to my attention.

I found another error beyond the earlier one that was fixed. Before it was including 2 tasks that were not completed, this time one of the internal task ID numbers changed. This latest error limits the group part of the charm to 91%, which equates to 36% of a possible 40% of the group contribution to the raid charm, the other 60% come from raids.
    Unfortunately, since charms are global scripts, this will require a full normal server down patch to fix, so it will have to wait for the February patch.

As for the other concerns, since this is a raid based charm, I decided 60% of its potency belongs to raids. The idea that it is as group level when group tasks are complete is interesting, and something I'll consider for the next expansion, I'm at this time only going to fix the bug on this.

It is a quandary. If I change to that method in the future. It would mean that approximately 75% of the charm's power comes from group content and 25% from raids. Again this is approximate, not exact, and the way charms work not all stats will be 75% due to rounding, etc...) My thoughts are that this is a raid charm, not a group charm, so it should be skewed higher to raid work than group work. That is what the current charm does with 60% from raids 40% from group content.
    That said the point about the group work being "done" so that work should count more also makes sense.

The other issue where max value may be less than previous expansion is a change in philosophy that may make this charm less desirable. I'm no longer making charms excede 100%. In this way, you know what you're getting from the charm when it is maxed by clicking the modified button and not having to do extra math to guess what you might get.

So on the subject of the group part vs the raid part, should more weight be given to the group part so there is an "even transition" or should I continue to weigh it higher on the raid side? What is your opinion?
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I can also see how, in this particular case, it makes sense to increase the weight of group content towards the charm results since it is an ultra-rare dropped from group content.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm not against it! (though it's not my call)
    Thraine likes this.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

A huge part of the value/desire of these chase items in general is giving access to them to non raiders (or for raiders, their non raiding alts). This charm archetype being *that* reliant on raid access/progression conflicts badly with that notion.

I'd rather have the progression charm not be included at all in this pool of chase items.

We had one drop, and the excitement to disappointment Hindenburg was palpable.
    Xanathol, Xikteny and Sancus like this.
  18. Sancus Augur

For generic group/raid progression charms, raiders realistically aren't going to be upgrading (in most instances) from a group charm, but rather from the previous expansion's raid charm. They also have the choice of going with the class specific gear charm, which makes the audience for an un-maxed group/raid progression charm relatively small.

Personally, I liked it when charms relied only on group progression since they are generally available long before raid progression is complete. Likewise, I think it made sense that those charms had better stats, since far more was required to max them out (basically anyone can max the class specific armor one). That said, I also like the new design of actually knowing what stats the charm would max out at. I'd assume it's possible to just give the raid/group progression charm better stats at 100% with the knowledge that many won't be able to max it for quite a while?

To more directly answer your question, though, I'd prefer group content weighted more heavily.

Also, with regards to this specific charm, it's chase loot. Regardless of my disdain for the current chase loot (and it being equal to EoK raid gear in quality), having a raid/group progression charm really doesn't make sense. Anyone who is able to max out this charm has it easily accessible to them already since it drops from the first raid in EoK. That means anyone who actually could get use out of a raid level charm can't actually use it because its stats are so bad without raid progression. As such, I think this particular charm deserves an exception so that it's at least usable without raid progression.

Edit: Missed Ngreth's second post :oops:
  19. Utaerx Elder

While weighing raid progression as more important for a raid charm definitely makes sense on its face, I worry that, for this specific expansion, it might exclude a large portion of the raiding playerbase from having the EOK raid progression charms be a viable alternative to any other charms that are currently available, even from TBM.

I don't think it's any secret at this point that T3 is really difficult. I worry it will be months until many more guilds break through the Kar'Zok raid, and even then they still have that dragon waiting for them afterwards. However, the Tooth drops in the super easy Lceanium raid, and the Egg drops as a global rare. As the expansion goes on, more and more of these charms will be acquired by people that have no desire to equip them because their guilds cannot clear the content necessary to make them worth equipping over Desire, the Coin, etc. I don't know if this is intended, but it will definitely be the outcome.

This is barring, of course, any retuning of the last tier of raids.
  20. smash Augur

Could easily be targeted toward raid progression, completely.

Not all rare drops, need to be targeted toward none raiders. There almost always excepts from a rule