Is corpse banking allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by R2D Hugs, Jan 28, 2017.

1. privevillon New Member

that's not a precedent. that's called getting away with it. this time you didn't. be glad there was no suspension and move on
    Arikei likes this.
  2. Arikei New Member

And this is exactly what they are doing.

Do you really believe that corpse banking, should be allowed and do you really consider it honest gameplay?
  3. Vanrau Augur

They wiped corpses for several expansions to prevent people from power leveling themselves. They have also wiped mission experience rewards to prevent people from stacking rewards. This isn't a new thing.
  4. Vanrau Augur

On the live servers and they have done this on other progression servers as well.
  5. Beastro Augur

Everyone exploits at their own risk, especially when it violates the spirit of the game like maxing your level within minutes of a new expack.

Like the door illusion, people should be grateful it was given a pass in the past. DBG seems clear in its intention to actual fix the game whether we like it or not, no matter how long something has been broken or considered acceptable when we all know what it really is.

Stop acting like children when you know you're maximizing your advantages with what you think is permitted when it's on shifty ground.
    Kiani and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. BubbleGuppies New Member

Just a side point on illusioning through doors...I was plowing VT solo during like TSS on my monk and would water illusion insta click thru doors. I was followed by GM sinkenn (the best GM they had) and he told me i was doing things that made people think i was hacking, he said those people were idiots and im just really good...(i was the top monk on the server top monk gamewide from 1-5 depending on who got loot that day etc etc) so there was alot of jealousy towards me as i wasnt afraid to boast how good i was to people around me cause i was good. Well i asked him about illusioning through doors and if it was legal he said"illusioning through doors is totally fine dont worry about it it is not breaking any rules" to my suprise i got the answer to the originaly question of why i was being tailed by him (i didnt know how long i was being tailed but he told me) I thoguht oh crap ive been illusioning through doors and thats gonna be some silly technical exploit.

So if any dev reads this just know Mr sinkenn the GM you all should strive to be told me i could and it should have stayed that way <3
  7. MaxTheLion Augur

This depends on your definition of "fixing". It's not an outcry from the general majority being handled. Users that visit the official forums are very low compared to the amount of players that log in to the game. Instance after instance we have a very vocal minority cause changes that affect the many. They aren't actually "fixing" anything other than addressing a complaint from a customer against another customer. This complaint stems from a competitive nature among the racing guilds. If you worked a full time job and were a boxer on the side, you shouldn't ask a full time boxer to train less so you're on his level.
  8. bodes Augur

When you die in Everquest there is no guarantee you will get your XP back. THAT is the precedent of death/XP loss and has been true from day 1 of the beta continuously through today. The corpse can be lost in a dungeon, the server can crash and it can poof, it can get lost in geometry and rot before you get it summoned, etc.

XP potions are an aid to gain XP and you got the full benefit from each one you used as you XP'd. You made the choice to die at max XP and continue XPing instead of getting a rez and thus accept the risks and precedent that regaining XP from a corpse is not guaranteed.

Death has always had weight to it in EQ with real consequences. Complaining that regaining XP from death is not guaranteed is essentially complaining that EQ is too hard.
  9. bodes Augur

^TLDR
  10. RadarX Augur

Ok we're going to open this back up so please adhere to the forum guidelines. As some of you might not be aware I'd like to share what will earn a quick forum suspension:

• Poking other players or guilds (keep the drama in game)
    • Posting on your "other" forum account. I'm just going to suspend/ban them both
    • Posting off topic
    FurySoul and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  11. MabbuPhinny Augur

RadarX I'm still looking at hundreds of player corpses in Shadow Haven. With only 4 hours left before launch when can we expect these corpses to be removed?
  12. RadarX Augur

In the next 4 hours!
    Ryak, Your_Ad_Here and privevillon like this.
  13. Machen New Member

Will the server need to be taken down for this?
  14. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

They have to do it closer to or you would be able to corpse bank again ahead of time :p
  15. Lankie Augur

I would have preferred that you left the corpses, and perma-ban anyone who used the exploit. But this is almost as good. Thanks.
  16. Zunr New Member

That would have been a good way to go about it. Hopefully they have lots of GMs and or guides ready to keep an eye on PoStorms for the next couple weeks
  17. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I commend Daybreak on taking swift action on this matter.

I look forward to the Planes of Power! (at a modest level 61)

[IMG]
  18. Kaponen Lorekeeper

It would be interesting to see just how many petitions were even filed over this, and by whom....

Corse banking has been around EQ for a long time, and everyone had access to this feature, its not like one particular guild had some "inside information". People are just angry because they lacked the foresight to make this work for their own guild, or their own players were too busy selling PL for krono in The Deep to take the time to corpse bank for progression.
    Clawgrip1, Apex and Bestlord like this.
  19. Ryak Augur

Radarx is getting a record number of likes today, it seems. It's nice to see. i'm sure dealing with us is a pretty thankless job.
  20. Ryak Augur

Lol, I'm sure nobody or very few people were "angry" about this. Ultimately, it's a game and not worth getting too worked up about.

People simply noticed something that was hurting their gaming experience (causing lag) and asked DBG if this was intended behavior and we clearly have their answer.