Is corpse banking allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by R2D Hugs, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Zanados Lorekeeper

Source?
  2. Vanellope New Member

To answer the original question: Looks like it's not!
  3. Azriah New Member

Email I received in response to my petition.
  4. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

They never deleted any of my corpses on fippy, weird.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

Well, there you go. A clean slate for everyone to start PoP. Everyone wins. Looking forward to it.
  6. Zanados Lorekeeper

I like this.
  7. RadarX Augur

To alleviate any concerns and save some of you time, corpses are being deleted before the expansion unlocks.
    Ryak, Your_Ad_Here, Borune and 11 others like this.
  8. John the Baptist New Member

Ya'll going to make some sort of login message for people who have legit corpses?
  9. taliefer Augur

thank you
  10. Hamshire Augur

We have always been warned well in advance when this was going to happen, not a night before an expansion launch having a load of people waste hours upon hours of time corpse banking........can we expect in future tlp expansion launches that this will always now be a thing and or be warned well in advance as we should have originally?
  11. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Thank you so much!

suck it, cheaters
  12. Ahze Elder

So, we used normal game rules and group coordination to earn an advantage within the framework set by the game and are going to be punished for it. There was absolutely no cheating here. No warping, no passing locked doors, no duping, no exploit. We logged in and out, what a crime.

Thanks DBG for wasting many hours of work, punishing dedicated players for taking legal in game actions.
  13. Miduzah New Member

If you literally went into this without even imagining this as a scenario to justify wasting all that time, then anyone who is butt-hurt is pretty stupid. I thought most of these people who corpsed went fully into this knowing they might get cleared and still be ok with taking the risk. Immersion too real. Well now everyone is on a level playing field!
  14. KPW99 Lorekeeper

Out of curiosity, was wondering what the long term solution here is? I assume you will be coding some sort of corpse wipe into the expansion releases, and not taking down the servers to make thousands of people fight through the login servers as well

Or will we have to play detective and hunt every expansion, every tlp for people doing this now that you've said its not okay?
  15. RadarX Augur

The fact this has been allowed in the past does not make it intended gameplay. Going forward you do this at your own risk of time loss.
    Derpfest, Ryak, jagarr and 10 others like this.
  16. Trevalon Augur

Great news DBG. I gotta say, #Claimsgate and now #Corpsegate....I really like this new direction you guys are going.

Good to see the "gotta do everything to get ahead" group get what they have had coming to them for years.

Excellent job RadarX and CSR team!
  17. privevillon New Member

couldn't agree more. play the game right and it wont' be an issue!
  18. Ahze Elder

I was fully aware there was always a chance DBG could choose to interfere, it is DBG's playground, they set the rules at their whim. I am very clear on that and am not sorry I took the "risk" of engaging in normal legal game play. Logging out to save buffs between spawns is an everyday every server activity. If you never thought to save some KEI like that you should try it.

The playing field was always level, you had the same time and opportunity to prepare that I did. You had the same access to experience potions, access to the same zones, and the opportunity to find a team to play with that might want to try this out.

We are being punished for legal play if this happens - not that I have any doubt that it will happen.
  19. Trevalon Augur

20. NoWay Augur

They will delete the corpses due to lag, common lick that salt block.