Is corpse banking allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by R2D Hugs, Jan 28, 2017.

1. NoWay Augur

ED needs an aoe group. lol
  2. Tuucan_ED New Member

Ask yourself what exactly is it doing to disrupt your game play. The lag issue we've established is horse manure, seeing as you can disable corpses for one and AE killing creates many more corpses than this and that's been established as acceptable.

I didn't corpse bank. I don't care. I'll still cap after flagging quite easily. See, everyone wants to complain about what others choose to do with their time and somehow think they have a right to dictate how someone else plays the game within a predetermined set of rules. No rules are being broken. This isn't new. It has been done before, it will be done again. We are talking about a very small fraction of unique accounts on the server. Also, as I have stated before, corpse banking is one of the most tedious, mind numbing experiences you can have. If someone chooses to do it, by all means.. have fun. Enjoy.

I only AE to level alts, otherwise I just don't care for it. ED was a guild tag for Enlightened Dark. Not my name.
  3. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I'd be in favor of DBG doing whatever they need to do to get rid of the corpses prior to any level expansion release. This is done on live, where corpses are wiped ahead of level expansions - and should also be done to accommodate the TLP servers as well.

I'd probably guess phinny has at least 2000-3500 corpses ready to be rezzed as soon as PoP comes out, expect to see plenty of level 65's pretty quickly
  4. AgentOfRage New Member

I don't advocate for banning AoE groups, although I wish they were not possible because they are both absurdly overpowered and boring as hell. But this different. Again, the question is should anyone be leveling to 65 right now. The answer is no, and this is an exploitative way to do just that.
  5. Extra Extra Lorekeeper

What is your response to you doing this for multiple expansions on fippy? Just out of curiosity how do you feel it is different from what you do? Is it only because you didnt think to do it this time around?
  6. Tuucan_ED New Member

I know a lot of people banked 120 AA prior to PoP, by your argument we should wipe that as well seeing as they'll not need to do it as soon as it goes live.
  7. KPW99 Lorekeeper

Heck, I did this WITH you on fippy
  8. NoWay Augur

I know a lot of people banked 120 AA prior to PoP, by your argument we should wipe that as well seeing as they'll not need to do it as soon as it goes live. Ed once again totally different, try again ty.
  9. AgentOfRage New Member

Daybreak chose to cap the AA at 120 and everyone on the server has known about that cap and has not used gimmicky login/logout corpse mechanics to push beyond that 120. If someone discovered a way to bank more than 120 AA through corpse banking or name changing or any others means, the same complaint would apply and I would expect DBG to correct the overbank. There is a firm cap on the amount of regular XP that a character can gain in the current era. Some players have identified an exploit if Rez mechanics that allows them to gain additional XP beyond what normal gameplay would allow. I do not believe for one second that you have not made corpses--only someone with a personal stake in this could possibly think it is an intended and fair use of Rez mechanics to level to 65 in this way.
  10. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

You did it for the life of Fippy. What changed your mind?
  11. tuttles Augur

the Plague is spreading... stay away from these locations... many brave phinigel heros have died multiple times

Shadowhaven - basically any shop in the small person area of the town has piles of corpses
    Erudin - water supply has been plagued
    Kaladim A - behind the loom - 2 mass casualties
    Katta Castellum - in a bedroom near the succor point,
    Grobb - again 2 mass casualties
    Veeshan's Peak - you're not even safe in the lava
    Neriak Third Gate - 2 mass casualties in the library
    Halas - Mcdaniel's Smoke & Spirits

hopefully DBG can do something to stop the pandemic before us
    Warrior007 likes this.
  12. PixelQuest Journeyman

something has to stop. otherwise there will be no one left alive on norrath
  13. AConcernedCitizen New Member

This has blown up and is completely out of control. There are people with 100+ corpses banked. Can we get a dev response? Delay and it will be too late.
  14. Illusory Augur

Where are these corpses being stored? I'd like to login and see so that I may be there when they all disappear lol.

(So far I have,)

Shadow Haven (Not sure why you'd hide a corpse here, there's so much player traffic that just 20 corpses would cause corpse lag on most systems.)

Anyway, so I'm guessing low population zones with PoP stones are the places to check. I'm thinking any area where they can effectively 'hide' the corpses en masse and hit PoK quickly would be where the 'smart' people would try and hide them.

I'll make sure to find them all and send their locations to DBG this evening. :)
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If only ya'll spent as much time practicing Rathe council as you do forum warrioring.
  16. Utdaan Augur

I'm looking forward to the response from DBG right after the servers are brought down for the patch that all corpses in the world will be wiped.
  17. Astral - TR Elder

18. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

This just in, PhinnyDetective banned on reddit due to posting RL names and info.

Also just in:

Satoshi Rez banked on Fippy many times with no penalty.

Also, also:

PhinnyDetective is Satoshi
    [IMG]
  19. Baldur Augur

Ban AEing, no. I do wish they would nerf it. Have all AE spells only hit 4 max targets. Problem solved.

I went into the deep to farm fungoid sap and the lag was so bad from the AE groups I never wanted to go back. Not only boring, but the lag, I don't even know how they sit there and do it. I would have no fun doing it at all.
  20. Lankie Augur

How exactly does one create 100 corpses for rezzing? Doesn't the rez timer run out after 3 hours? So you have 3 hours to get the XP back from 100 deaths? Not likely.