Is corpse banking allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by R2D Hugs, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Astley Augur

I'll hide NPC corpses, but I can imagine clerics are going to have a little problem hiding player corpses regularly by default.
  2. Ryak Augur

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they just poofed all the corpses in Shadow Haven, given that nobody is legitimately dying in shadow haven, so they don't have to worry about affecting anyone innocent.
  3. AgentofChange Augur

If what you say is true about shadowhaven, I would not be surprised if they crash the zone when they all try to rez at the same time.
  4. tuttles Augur

thats beyond reasonable, hope they do a corpsewipe @launch...
  5. Kiani Augur

Maybe if enough people complain about the lag, there'll be a corpsewipe in SH just before launch at least.
  6. Astley Augur

Well, looking it up... Creating excessive corpses and causing zone latency IS cited specifically as against the game rules in the code of conduct.

If it's bothering you, go ahead and /petition report the players. Enough tickets, and Daybreak might act on it.
  7. SallyNoLag New Member

It's not an exploit so what's the problem. Looks like race guilds are doing something that's been done on every server in the past.
  8. Astley Augur

It's listed as a conduct violation just above intentional training of others. They specifically state that creating excessive corpses is a violation of the zone disruption policy due to zone latency.

So, it is just as actionable for the GMs as reporting someone for training or defrauding you can be. Whether they do anything or not is the question...
  9. SallyNoLag New Member

Lol people have been AEing in the deep for months creating thousands of corpses and they weren't banned. That's no different
  10. Tuucan_ED New Member

I would imagine the threshold for that is exceptional. You would also have to prove intent to disrupt intentionally, same with training. If you accidently train someone, they won't ban you.. that's why they require absolute proof that the accused was training with the intent to disrupt game play, at least in pretty much every instance of a suspension I've seen.
  11. Phinnyservrox New Member

This has been a tactic on many servers for many years in terms of corpse banking. Afaik, there hasn't been any cases of people having action taken against them for doing it.
  12. NoWay Augur

Live servers they have.
  13. NoWay Augur

Ya, I accidently died 200 times in the same spot . oops
  14. AgentOfRage New Member

This is exploitative and circumvents the leveling hurdle in a new expansion. Anyone who disagrees is just forum lawyering. This kind of exploit is particularly irritating on a true box server, given the need for numerous additional accounts to make this technique work. Allowing this kind of gimmick disheartens a big segment of the community and should be prevented. It would be an easy fix and DBG should fix it.
  15. Tuucan_ED New Member

How, exactly. AE groups would out level everyone else anyway, lets ban those too.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  16. NoWay Augur

Totally different ED, that is npc corpses not pc, with the intent of storing exp in the dead bodies. Nice try.
  17. Phinnyservrox New Member

As mentioned before, rez banking has been a part of EQ for years. It was utilized IN THIS ERA by many people on many servers. If it is against the rules, the GMs can delete the corpses which is what happens on live when they bring down the server for a patch right?
  18. AgentOfRage New Member

Illusion hacks were also part of EQ for years. Having necro pets tank in ToV, also around for years. Doesn't make these things any less exploitative. Corpse banking in advance of an expansion that increasss the level cap is both possible within game mechanics and exploitative. Ask yourself a simple question--should anyone be leveling to 65 right now? The answer is obviously no, but that's what people are doing with this workaround. If you disagree it's only because you're in the middle of making corpses right now.
    NoWay likes this.
  19. NoWay Augur

Illusioning through doors went on for years too, another nice try.
  20. Tuucan_ED New Member

AE groups will out level everyone else anyway. So lets ban AE'ing since it'll dishearten a big segment of the community.

You know, same said segment this doesn't actually effect at all.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.