Is corpse banking allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by R2D Hugs, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Tuucan_ED New Member

Who cares? Seriously why do people feel the need to complain about something that literally has zero effect on their game experience. Not to mention, if you want to go through the very long, very tedious endeavor that is corpse banking then be my guest. 99% of the people who wouldn't even have the patience to do it, even if they were creative enough to be effective at it.
  2. Baldur Augur

No one seems to be complaining much in this thread...

The OP was just asking if it's legal or not because they want to do it. I'd say you're ok with doing it, but who knows for sure unless we get a response from someone at DBG.
  3. Astley Augur

The biggest issue I see with it though, is that due to the 3 hour window on corpse rez timers, any 'banking' you do would need to be offset by grinding out that lost exp in the 3 hours you have. Even with AOE exp grinding in the Deep or somewhere, how much regular exp can you build up in that timeframe? It might get you further into 61 right off the bat, but seems like there is eventually a wall you'll hit of diminishing returns.
  4. Machen New Member

Again, if you have the group for it, you only need to be in game and ticking down your 3 hour timer when the mobs actually die. If you log out in between pulls and only spend a couple minutes in game toward the end of each pull when the mobs die, you could potentially bank 60-90 ae pulls worth of exp. Which would put you a bit further than just a little into 61.
  5. Astley Augur

Ah... makes more sense now that you mention it that way. Seems like a lot of work to make that push to 65 which will happen really fast anyway with folks already banking 120 AAs, just need to turn on the 100% and grind. People will be 65 before the weekend, and already into the Elementals. But those who want to be on the bleeding edge will do whatever they can I suppose.
  6. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

ok the way this used to work best was,
    you would change name then go exping all you wanted, then change name back and had all the exp saved.
    on another note there used to be a trick where you could take a char, de level back to a level 1, change his name, then make a new char with that name that the corpses was , could even change his race and class, then rez corpses up and bam you went from say a driud to shaman.
    with rez aa you could say, at level 95 swap names with a toon delevel that toon, then swap names back and grab the exp on the wanted toon, combining the exp of the two to easily reach max level.... it was nerfed back when rain of fear came out cause a guy on bertoxx decided to do it in a zone with 100 people and brag about it.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

How dare you make me read this with my own 2 eyes
    Sinzz-Wickedley likes this.
  8. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

i added some punctuation, hope it helps:0
  9. Borune Journeyman

Sounds like an exploit of the system.
  10. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

thing is they made money because when you factor in the name change potions it was good money for "sony", however i do remember a suspension that they rescinded, but called it a unintended gameplay and i agreed not to do it again and 2 patches later they had fixed it.
  11. Throndor Augur

Yeah, i did this with my wizard on Fippy on SoF launch as follows:
    3 accounts
    lvl 75 wizard w/best in slot binded gear (wasn't my raid wizard)
    Lvl 75 enchanter fully raid geared (Yay throndor)
    Lvl 75 wizard fully raid geared with full bags of lvl 55 gear for max manapool <<target of PL on launch, has rez veteran aa

Bind in Wizard corathus creep in front of find fibble #5 entrance. Bind death loop from lvl 75 down to level 55 with my wizard targettted for PL.

Shroud chanter and backup wizard to lvl 55 waiting for launch, log wizard for PL out once deleveled (it took dying for about 90 minutes in a row to do this)

On launch, set up group with shrouded backupwizard at shroudgiver, and chanter capable of requesting find fibble 5 at the NPC that triggers the instance, while the delveled lvl 55 wizard is in group. Start an instance of Find Fibble 5 with my lvl 55 shrouded raid chanter, hearth to the shroudgiver, unshroud the backup wizard and raid chanter back to lvl 75 and teleport bind them to the wizard targetted for PL at zone entrance.

Take all three toons, invised to the bottom of the elevator and position them on the back wall so they dont agro patrol and entrance mobs while chanter pulls. Rune Stack the chanter and pull every mob in the zone for AOE, with wizard targetted for PL outside of the group. Stunlock the stack in the corner under the elevator. Once the wizard for PL has dealt approximately 60% dmg to the stack to account for resists (will nearly be OOM), finish them off with the lvl 75 wizard alt in bindable gear.

zone respawns 3 minutes later, repeat process.

I was able to level the wizard targetted for PL from 55 back to lvl 72 before popping veteran rez aa, and dinged 78.75 with about 3 minutes to spare before the first corpse outside poofed. Then i ran and met up with Dima and crew to finish the grind a couple hours later.

Regards,
    Throndor
    jagarr likes this.
  12. NoWay Augur

GM's need to stop this crap, ruining my POP exp before it even opens.
  13. MabbuPhinny Augur

@Devs, Please keep Vet AA's disabled that were never originally released during PoP. I believe during Loy/Ldon/PoP era we only had a few available to us originally.

Giving everyone the year 4 Vet AA immediatly is what is triggering these people to corpse pile like this and attempt to get instant Level 65's.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Expedient_Recovery
    This ability summons every corpse you have to you and returns the experience you lost for that death if the corpse is still able to be resurrected.

Everyone doing this should get a nice 3 day launch suspension to send a message to everyone else who would try to do this to cheese the leveling experience in any Level cap increase.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

As far as I know vet rewards won't be in until GoD. I don't believe anyone will be able to use expedient recovery when PoP hits.
  15. Atabishi Augur

Even without expedient, it wont take them but 5 minutes to rez all the corpses with a few stationed cleric boxes there. I went and checked out Shadow Haven, and those pics don't even capture how many actual corpses are there. I'd estimate pretty close to 1k considering the amount of lag they are producing.
  16. Zanados Lorekeeper

I have no problem with someone banking a few corpses and exping for a few hours prior to the expansion going live to get a head start. But when the amount of corpses you are banking causes the zone they are in to lag? There is a problem.
  17. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Gonna have to throw my vote in the "who cares" pile here.
  18. Atabishi Augur

I agree on not caring about people doing corpse piling to gain a level edge, to a certain extent. If you want to spend the entire day AE'ing to be able to corpse pile enough to get you a few levels at launch, more power to ya. However, when you blatantly pile THAT MANY corpses, in a zone that gets a ton of traffic, to the point where it's lagging people out (heard some people complaining of completely freezing on their way to the deep), it kinda falls under zone disruption. Sure, they can put hide corpse all on and all is well, but they shouldn't be forced to.

If you are going to corpse pile near 1,000 corpses so your group can hit 65 five minutes in to PoP launch, at least try to be discreet and do it in a zone no one even goes to. GM's should go delete their corpses and tell them to make their pile in Split Paw.
  19. Baldur Augur

Can't you just "/hidecorpse ALWAYS" and not lag from their corpses?
  20. Atabishi Augur

You can, I generally always have that on. Apparently though a lot of people don't keep it on, and might not necessarily know right away what's lagging them out so hard.