EoK loot drop rate from Nameds

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sdeco, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMajestykx Augur

consider the source.
    Act of Valor and Sheex like this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Nope.
    I do have multiple chances to alter the rarity, though. That table I gave is a section of the "item list" (I dropped 2 columns as unnecessary for the conversation and added the item name column from another table for easy readability)
    the item list is attached to a "treasure table" where I can put in a chance that it rolls x number of n sided dice. (for treasure table on rares that is often 1d1, on chests, it might be something like 1d2 or 2d3. platinum on the raid chest is like 2000d4 (not actual value, just making a number up)

Correct. This is what I meant by "chase" items.

While the type5 augs and the "raid-statted" items are also "chase" they are global loot, so... just drop and are not NPC specific. So I didn't consider them for this conversation, though I guess they do apply. Global loot is just "Drop an item from this table with this chance on this 'type' of NPC in this zone(s)." (this is a simplification, there are multiple tables involved) I can define the type however I want. like "rare-flaged" NPC... or NPC's with more than 1m HP.... or simply let it be any NPC in a zone. This condition can also be fairly complex like "Rare-flagged NPC OR (not_rare AND more then 1hp) or (race human AND class cleric)"
    Sancus and Sheex like this.
  3. MrMajestykx Augur

ok gonna put my 2cp here since the gauntlet of "chase" items is out there, like the GROUP rare belts, will devs have any intention of revisiting RAID belts for the focus of boon of the seeress or overdrive punch??? its on a group item but not a raid item and NOT a single word has been said on it from the dev point of view per say. Many a raid belt is going to go by the wayside because any melee worth their.weight are not gonna give their present belts up.
    Dropfast and Minato like this.
  4. Roxxanna Augur

Wow, that's a pretty thing to say. A lot of people would agree with what he said.
  5. Sancus Augur

(Un)fortunately the truth isn't democratic.
  6. Roxxanna Augur

Some people see 4 lights, some people see 5.
  7. Caemien Elder

I see 6 lights
  8. Prathun Developer

People are free to believe what they believe, but that doesn't make an untrue thing true.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm not changing any belts at this time. I try not to say never, but there are no plans.
  10. Minato Augur

So raiders who want to min/max are forced to either use old content raid belts that HAVE been in the game for many expansions now (not just tank belts like you have said in the past) or group belts? How does this make sense? you favor.. yes FAVOR tanks because they have had an item for many expansions that everyone else hasnt? wrong every class has had these belts since like cotf or before but you want to only give the proc belt to raiding tanks why? im really trying to grasp my mind around this. I can understand you dont play nor care about this game but surely other devs have told you the error in your thinking.

If this post comes off a little strong its meant to... sick of the players being ignored on topics we know more then a dev about because *Ngreth knows best*
    Vdidar, Dropfast and MrMajestykx like this.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You weren't ignored, you just didn't get the answer you wanted. It's a lesson I am still fighting to get through my kid's head. Hope springs eternal that I will eventually succeed. ;)
  12. Symbius Augur

Ngreth was flat out proven wrong in the beta forums concerning the belts and his comments on them being chase loot. It has nothing to do with not getting the answer people wanted. His reasoning was flawed and wrong. This was spelled out in detail in the beta threads. He ignored it by simply not commenting on the fact he was so wrong. So yes, he is still ignoring things.

So all this boils down to is his reasoning for not wanting to add the procs to raid belts is simply, "Because I said so", which is absurd.

He never responded to this day on the fact that he was so wrong in those beta threads, so that part remains ignored.

Now if he'd give a valid reason for not putting the proc on raid belts, then perhaps people wouldn't be so upset over them.

A developer being stubborn and not having any reason for this beyond the fact he just doesn't want to do it is a cop out at best and very poor Dev performance standards. Ngreth most assuredly should be held accountable for this poor level of knowledge of the game.
    Dropfast likes this.
  13. segap Augur

While I do believe several people pointed out the misconception of his reasoning, it's still up to the designers to decide what they want and don't want to do with itemization. They've decided to leave out those procs this expansion. That's their prerogative. No need to be nasty about it. He's at least responding and giving an answer. Other members of the team act like we don't exist and give no feedback. Looks like it's no win either way for them.

We get to decide whether not not some extra AC and HME is worth the trade-off. Personally, I'm sticking with my TBM belt (as are all my alts that have been looting them as well). The EoK ones will just rot as no main and very few alts will have a use for them. One less thing for us to worry about obtaining this expansion. Would have preferred having the procs on the new belts though.
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Koryu Professional Roadkill

But, they didn't. There's a group-quality belt in the static version of Kor-Sha Labs with Boon of the Seeress. It's the reason Firedowser is perma-camped.

Driven Dragon Belt, via ZAM or EQR.

So they actually decided to include those procs this expansion, but only on group gear? It's strange that only raiders have to make the decision between new belt versus old belt, while groupers have no decision to make at all. They take the obvious upgrade path to a new belt for increased AC & HME, that also includes acquiring the DPS focus that raiders are missing for some reason.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Seems to happen each expansion. There were a lot more chase loots showing up in the early days of the expansion. And many have commented on it in game so I guess the RNG is just very good to use when expansions first come out.

First week or possibly second week of expansion I was waiting for the orc chomper camp. I saw someone spawn the same PH seen times in a row. That seems to be powerball type odds to me but you would know better then I.
  16. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

So that's all well and fine, maybe, I guess. My only question is, so melee got a belt with a proc on group gear, but caster's didn't, and I was curious why that was. Unless I'm totally missing something, which I may be. But Boon of Seeress doesn't proc on spells, right?

It's totally fine, I'm still using my NerD Raid belt (fine silk sash) from a few expacs ago because I haven't been able to raid very often, was just hoping a group belt might have that corruption proc at some point so I could upgrade.

If I start raiding again, what's the caster belt that's similar? TDS raid?
  17. Sancus Augur

Boon of Seeress will add to procs, meaning it adds 500 flat damage to sympathetic procs, Mana Reciprocation, and Wildspark/Frostweave (and maybe a couple of other procs I'm forgetting) if you have them.
    Runed Belt of Boromas from High Bokon in TBM.
  18. Gerzer Lorekeeper

RNG is indeed evil... killed Tithnak in leuc approx 12x this week.... belts rings and ONE piece of armor... hard to progress if at this rate I'll need to wack him like 84x. To equip my tank. /sigh

Would be nice to know if other mobs in that zone have a better chance at armor.... but sounds like it may be low for all the T1 races...
  19. MrMajestykx Augur

but yet you ll put the focus on a group belt?? not sure I understand the logic in that and the logic in producing belts in a expansion that are for the most part are gonna rot on raids. I guess you see a different game experience for the people, raid belts for melee are usless now, not sure I see your logic on that my friend.
    Dropfast likes this.
  20. Hellboy007 Augur

This is interesting to me. I sometimes wonder if the area im killing in even drops the rare raid stat items. It would be nice to know more details on this.

1Mhp i dont reckon is a lot but sometimes i am not sure.

I would like to know what mobs/zones dont have the possibility in droping these items. i know RNG can be weird but some places dont seem to drop them ever while others you get one here or there after many days of hunting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.