Sloshed Gnoll in PoK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qbert, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Qbert Gallifreyan

I don't seem to see this anywhere listed. Perhaps I missed it. I *think* it gave me a large volume of commemorative coins and about 21 aa but I can't tell on the coins (it said "alternate currency").

Anywho, sloshed gnoll in PoK is near the Nektulos stone. There do not seem to be enough guards in the instance to get enough teeth/hair. Funny task, though since I'm from Qeynos it was a bit . . . disturbing.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Hrm. This shouldn't be live yet :/

There are enough guards. You just have to find them. Many of them wander.

The system used looks at the NPC's up in the zone, then spreads the drops among them.
  3. Thraine Augur

i just took a look on Povar, Sloshed gnoll is not on tracking, and certainly not near the neriak stone
  4. Prathun Developer

The anniversary came early this year. A little too early.
    This adventure has been disabled, but will make a return a bit closer to EverQuest's actual anniversary of March 16th. Consider this a teaser! :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I got to try it a bit before the disable. Not sure if the guards were the right level, they were dropping sub-level 20 pelts and silks, but level 100 poisoncrafting supplies. The quest did not always have enough loot to complete it, even if you killed everything in the zone. Fippy seems to be very picky about who he is willing to talk to. Also, there's no phrase to leave the mission, you either have to drop the task or use the standard zoneline out to North Qeynos.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Some things are attached treasure tables, some global loot. The global loot SHOULD be hitting the current NPC level (the poison supplies for example)
    There are always enough NPC's they are good at hiding.
    fippy is set way at -2000 he should talk to anyone! Guess I can lower it more in case race faction is dropping it bellow that min.
    I'll see about the exit.
  7. Imak Augur

I also had a run through the mission while it was available. All the mobs inside were very low level (gray cons to level 105) and easily 1-shot. Most guards dropped Rusty Long Swords, while NPCs in the bard guild hall dropped-merchant sold instruments and leather armor. All seemed appropriate for such low level mobs. The level 100 poison ingredients they dropped definitely way out of current NPC levels.

And yes, Fippy seemed to have some sort of faction thing happening. The human druid and barbarian beastlord, both who grew up decimating Blackburrow, got nothing but the typical OMG Your Breath from Fippy. The drakkin warrior, who did not spend his youth ruining Fippy's homeland, was able to talk to him for task updates. Weirdly, all three characters conned scowling to Fippy.

Entire mission took about 4 minutes to complete. Rewards seem excessive for such minimal effort. I believe prior year anniversary missions only awarded 10? 20? coins, not 300, and the mobs therein were high enough level they might actually hurt you.

I understand it went live prematurely, but the mission seems to be in a state of placeholder-implementation; semi-finished.
  8. Brohg Augur

early by two whole months. It'll be okay
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Imak Augur

Your tender reassurances mean so very much to me. I can rest peacefully now.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

A Fippy related anniversary quest? You sneaky fellow you! /cheer :D
  11. segap Augur

Unless they add something new and enticing to the anniversary vendor this year, 1000 coins is no more valuable than 10. There are several anniversary missions that take no more than 15 minutes against trivial mobs that reward sought after clickies which are far more valuable than any amount of coins as of last year.
  12. Tereil Elder

After an almost 10 year hiatus, I need to find and get on these missions. I have a medium list right now of ones I need to do. Need to find more.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I realize this is a thread necro, but I thought it deserved a bump to say that this mission is still not dropping enough scalps and teeth to complete the task in a single run through.

Also, I have to wonder if it's intentional that the Lieutenant is almost immune to melee? He blocked, parried, and especially riposted ~75% of physical attacks.

The bar patrons are still gray cons, but everybody else in the mission /cons an appropriate difficulty.

Fippy is much more talkative than he used to be, though! And the way to acquire the bonus reward is interesting. Be careful what abilities you use when fighting in the arena...
    Bamkan likes this.
  14. Imak Augur

Cleared the entire zone. Got 7 scalps and 15 teeth. Makes it kinda impossible to deliver 10 and 20.

The system that looks at the NPCs in the zone and spread the drops among them isn't working. I had several guard NPCs drop nothing but a Rusty Sword.
  15. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Random drop rate from a set number of NPC's sounds like a bug to me. Should be a 100% drop rate if no respawns.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

Can drop the task and farm the Guards near zone in for the extra Teeth/Scalps until this is fixed.
  17. svann Augur

yea but still gotta do the kill list all over again.
  18. Schadenfreude Augur

Now that it's confirmed to be broken on live you farm the extra drops you can get from the zone in mobs and then drop the task, repeat a couple times until you have a safety buffer and then do the mission as intended. Not ideal but better than having to plow through the entire zone twice.
    Gyurika Godofwar and svann like this.