EoK loot drop rate from Nameds

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sdeco, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belexes ForumQuester

I spawned him twice in 2 hours playing before I left for work in the morning. The 3 PH mobs respawn pretty quickly and I just kept killing them only. Didn't get the earring I was looking for either time, but what he did drop was useful. Even got a bag from him.

I really haven't seen any issues with getting named mobs to spawn. Sometimes they spawn back to back.

Maybe the RNG gods love me.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This.^

Each rare has a table with "2" items on it, of which the player can get one. Either 2 non-visible, or 1 non-visible and a weighted set of visible.(in a few cases an even split set of visible)
    Then there are a bunch of global loot rare things, like type 5's, a chance at a visible piece, a bag, and in some zones a very tiny chance of a raid-statted non-visible (you can only get raid-statted visible items from raids)

it *is* intentional that not every rare have a guaranteed visible set item as previous expansions may have, and yes I did this to reduce the chance that a person can get a complete set of visible armor in 7 rare kills. I absolutely intended that it will take longer to get a visible set.

As for the rest, you are welcome to your conspiracy theories, but they are that.

And yes, the Random Number Generator can be rather mean.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Lilura Augur

Weird. I've had instances where named dropped 2 armor pieces at once.
  4. Lilura Augur

I have to call nonsense on this one. I've killed Bi`faak the Shadowwalker a LOT, and he only drops that sword on a regular basis. No armor. I can't remember getting armor from him.

Likewise, I've killed Dread Drikat countless times to get either that stupid aug or the legs and nothing else. They drop just 1 item a LOT.
  5. Vdidar Augur

They must. It's not a huge deal though I'll just move on and wait on a double named weekend. I had no problems getting the aug off the blazing hen when others tried for a very long time. RNG can be good and RNG can be bad.
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

I guess you've not killed him THAT often. While the sword is indeed very common (decent tribute BTW) I've also seen multiple different visibles drop.
  7. Vdidar Augur

I don't think anyone will question the fact that you reduced odds for drops.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Things always spawn and drop more when an expansion comes out so everybody that hasn't gotten it yet will buy it. Then one day the happiness fades away.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have killed him about 70 times and got 35 visible items that were actually looted in group (at least another 10 were given away/rotted). The swords I don't really know about because besides for three they rotted for the most part.
  10. ArtremasEQ Augur

This is consistent to what I have seen across the expansion, having finished progression, killed most things,and done about 18,000 AA.

In that time, I've gotten 10 full sets of T2 armour, plus countless rots gone to other people.
    The Non vis items seem rarer but in a few hours of camping any given named, it usually drops at least one. (The majority of this was gotten in Chardock or Labs)

The only exception to this is the Devout Sentry in Droga, who after 31 kills, has never dropped a non armour piece (supposed to be the Bow according to EQR, but who knows really).

Every other named has behaved pretty much as Ngreth describes. And yes, the RNG can be a at times. I've had nights of no named, and nights where they won't stop spawning / double spawns in the same cycle.
  11. Hellboy007 Augur

The chase items..

Do they drop from any mob in EoK? Sometimes i wonder if killing in some places does not have a chance to drop.

Question is. is the drop rate of the Chase items the same for all mobs and what mobs do not have them in the drop table?
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I did say the Random Number Generator can be anoying.
    ITEM_PERCENT ITEM_ID NAME
    40 148149 Bi'Faak's Silence
    9 148851 Amorphous Cohort's Wristguard
    5 148852 Amorphous Cohort's Gauntlets
    4 148857 Amorphous Cohort's Breastplate
    30 148854 Amorphous Cohort's Helm
    4 148855 Amorphous Cohort's Sleeves
    4 148856 Amorphous Cohort's Leggings
    4 148853 Amorphous Cohort's Boots
    And if all you've gotten is a sword, that even more bad luck because you are more likely to get a piece of armor. This is also why I put the qoutes around the 2. I'm counting the armor as one thing. and the sword as the other. And this is also what I meant by "weighted" it's skewed towards the helm.

And you just listed 2 things for Dread Drikat. Exactly what I said....
    Crappy luck, though the bow is one of the items I did make "rarer"
    ITEM_PERCENT ITEM_ID NAME
    30 148418 Unyielding Devotion Bow
    18 148858 Amorphous Selrach's Wristguard
    9 148859 Amorphous Selrach's Gauntlets
    8 148864 Amorphous Selrach's Breastplate
    9 148861 Amorphous Selrach's Helm
    9 148862 Amorphous Selrach's Sleeves
    8 148863 Amorphous Selrach's Leggings
    9 148860 Amorphous Selrach's Boots

(and this is an example of the "balanced" table for armor)

The chase items are not directly dropped. They are given via some throwback style quests.
    Cactuszach and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Prathun Developer

That's not even remotely true.
  14. Cactuszach Elder

Man I love this so much. Ngreth thanks for posting this. Not only is it cool to see the percentages but I really love seeing some of the "how the sausage is made" information.

Just because im curious: can the EQ loot system handle a subset or a second loot roll? In other words is this possible:

Dread Drikat
    50 Armor
    50 Weapon

Then process the outcome of the roll

if weapon then
    100 148418 Unyielding Devotion Bow

if armor then
    18 148858 Amorphous Selrach's Wristguard
    9 148859 Amorphous Selrach's Gauntlets
    8 148864 Amorphous Selrach's Breastplate
    9 148861 Amorphous Selrach's Helm
    9 148862 Amorphous Selrach's Sleeves
    8 148863 Amorphous Selrach's Leggings
    9 148860 Amorphous Selrach's Boots

Im not saying necessarily that this would be a good system for loot but I'm just curious about the capabilities of determining loot in Everquest. Fun to think about.
  15. Belexes ForumQuester

If it makes you feel better, I camped papa yeti for 3 hours yesterday with no luck on getting a visit from him.
    Vdidar likes this.
  16. Belexes ForumQuester

Adam, could you please expound on this? Thank you.
  17. Tereil Elder

I believe the mentioned items being referred to are the ancients' items. Spiked scaled whip, tome of obulous, wurmy, etc. which are pretty fun quests. I could be wrong though.
  18. Belexes ForumQuester

Thanks!
  19. Koryu Professional Roadkill

"Chase item" is meaning two different things, depending on who you talk to. I think Ngreth meant the gear from the Ancients mini-events, and everybody else means the global rare raid-quality loots.
    CrazyLarth, Tereil and Belexes like this.
  20. Hellboy007 Augur

Sorry, what i mean is the Rare dropped Raid gear. The attunable stuff. Not the quested things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.