Congratulations, Triton

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dreamrider, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Dreamrider Elder

Looking for the damn delete button. :)
  2. Dreamrider Elder

Well, it seems I am unable to delete a post here on forums.daybreakgames.com once it is posted, even though there were no follow-up posts that should have then "locked" the thread. If anyone knows if there is a way to delete threads OR change the topic line in the future, please let me know, it would be appreciated. :)

NOW . . . having said that, that does bring up an interesting dilemma, but firstly:

=> [IMG] <=

Does anybody NOT see the animated .GIF between the two arrows above this line? It was sent from the same directory as the previous image that was posted. Perhaps my website DNS pointers are not updated properly. Verio recently told me to update them to the new ones because they had moved me to different servers and were shutting down the older DNS address. I went to www.netsol.com and used the dns pointers Verio said to use. I do see the image there and even in this thread.

As for Thisandthat's request to kill it: Too late, I can't find the delete button! :)

The dilemma that I am having is this: Is a self-congratulatory post tacky/cheeasy[sic]/<insert favorite bad taste word here> that bad?

One merely has to look at the front pages of guilds and fellowships of games to see that prominently on display: Serverwide #<insert current standing number> or #1 on Server <insert your server name here> Now who would *cough*tritonguild.net*cough* (Whew! Dusty in here!) do such a thing?

People do it. Let's not devolve this thread into the politics of our newly-elected president: what's done is done.

Sports teams do it, corporations also.

I am curious and thus my question to you is . . .what do YOU think?

P.S. I apologize to the quoted unnamed people, I could not delete the post nor could I change the thread title.

Now the politicians do it, so why not: If anyone was offended by the title of this thread or MY congratulations to the hard work of the Triton guild (which is my guild but maybe not for long because I see torches being lit in the GGH and are those pitchforks being raised?).

Also: #SorryNotSorry
    Orienn likes this.
  3. Nudia Augur

One of the unnamed was me, but it's really not that big of a deal. Relax, we just beat the expansion, so all is good.

Cheers
  4. Sancus Augur

Congrats!

(And once you post you've kind of committed, so might as well own it tbh... and no I can't see your GIF)
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  5. Bahdah Augur

w00t, Congratulations!
  6. Bahdah Augur

I would have posted for you all if i didn't see it for a day, npnp
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

Congrats!
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  8. MrMajestykx Augur

on behalf of Triton I would like to apologize for Dream, he gets like this when we try to wean him off his meds :p and ty guys! fun events and how bout that Dragon?
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Nudia Augur

Thanks, friends. Fun kills, though they'd have been more fun if our late-week attendance was better. 48-person kill on Dragon wasn't enjoyable and Atrebe was kind of a let down after how rough Kar'Zok was.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Congratulations Triton!
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  11. Piemastaj Augur

How dare you be happy and post about your guilds accomplishment. For shame! Quite unacceptable for a top 5 guild to act like this....

Congratz!
    Dreamrider, MrMajestykx and Sancus like this.
  12. Drogba Augur

grats Triton!
  13. Cicelee Augur

1. Congratulations on defeating the expansion! In its current state, T3 is extremely challenging and any guild that is able to defeat the events as they are deserves much recognition.

2. I cannot see your IMG/GIF

3. You are always going to have naysayers who oppose someone from the "winning team" celebrating their victory with the masses in a public forum like this. Nothing you can do.

4. According to your magelo, Triton requires its raiders to wear no shirt, no shoes and no pants? Maybe that is the key to defeating T3...
  14. bbanz Elder

The Kor`Zak has to be my favorite raid so far. Seriously, loved it! How T3 is currently tuned is how I would expect an end zone to be like.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

The Kar'Zok not The Kor'Zak.....

One of the most bizarre starts to a grats thread I have ever saw.

Either way congrats Triton.
    MrMajestykx, Xikteny and Reht like this.
  16. Zarzac Augur

17. RPoo Augur

wtg!
    [IMG]
    Sirene_Fippy and Gundolin like this.
  18. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Nothing wrong with congratulating your guild on an accomplishment. I mean if you put time and effort into it, why not?

Also, can't see the .gif either.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

20. Toriann Journeyman

Sometimes they make the clerics only wear nipple tassels too. o_O (That's not verifiable via Magelo.) Nothing sexah about a male gnome running around with only nipple tassels.:confused: