Does support exist anymore?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bignomial, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Bignomial New Member

Going on 8 days with absolutely nothing to show for it. I put in a ticket to recover my Main account and the last reply to my ticket has been nearly 5 days. I remember when SOE had a live chat and I could have my account back in 20 minutes. Has this been a problem for anyone else? I created a separate ticket with my alt gold account so they merged them and I haven't heard a word.
  2. eqgamer Augur

Why not just follow up with it? Can't hurt.
  3. Barallron Journeyman

I put in a character transfer from one account to anther. Pretty simple i assume. 3days so far.
  4. Bignomial New Member

Followed up multiple times since the last reply. Haven't gotten a single answer. Each time I put in another ticket to try and get a response it gets closed and ignored. Been almost 9 days now and I cant get them to even hint at what's going on. Worst customer service I've had in any game, by far.
  5. Vdidar Augur

The short answer to this question is no. The long answer is no there is not support.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just a little info, I have never had a problem with customer service. I make sure I complete EVERYTHING possible. And just the facts, mam. No useless info like "oh I had this since my first cousin married my uncle who was my old boyfriend etc....or I am so mad over this I will cancel if you don't make my pet invincible! And remember the cs team is not huge like it used to be and there are thousands of people who have issues (in real life also!) that they want taken care of right now. Specifically after a patch. also:

#1 Character transfers take time.
    #2 Account restore take time.
    #3 Have you checked the status of your ticket before submitting a new one?
    #4 Do you have a proper email they can respond to?
    #5 " I created a separate ticket with my alt gold account so they merged them and I haven't heard a word." How do you mean they merged them? You have to use a free account to create the ticket if you cannot access the problem account but they do not merge the accounts. If they have then your old characters would be on the other account.

Best of luck to both of you!
    eqgamer likes this.
  7. eqgamer Augur

I actually have never had any problems w responses either; always find it odd when others do.
  8. alanon Lorekeeper

Right after the last patch i had an issue with the market place and customer service responded within a day. I was charged for db cash but did not get the cash. The problem lasted about 4 days and db stayed with it til the charge was refunded. A while back on a different issue their response went to my email junk folder for some reason. maybe check that.
  9. Bignomial New Member

By merged, I mean they merged the tickets by what I assume is my ip address. The ticket was originally submitted on a free account and I had a response within a day. However, after I had purchased gold on my secondary box account I followed up on the ticket after not having any type of response for 4 days, and sent a ticket with all the required information for the account which I am trying to recover. They merged the tickets so that it appears that the original ticket was sent from the box account that now has a gold subscription.

There is no useless information in the ticket, but i have given them all the information they have asked for: account name, CC used to create the account, etc. And they have had this information for a week but I have not had a response since then.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sounds like you submitted two tickets so they merged them based on account ownership not ip address. One from a free account and it was responded to. What did they say? Sometimes they ask you to email back and if you don't they close it.
    Then four days later you had no further response so sent another ticket in from another account.
    So at that point they put them together since everything shows you own it all. How did you see they merged them?
  11. Bignomial New Member

When I sent the follow up ticket on my gold account they said they merged them so now when i log into support I am able to respond on the ticket that I created with my free account. And the last reply received from them was asking for the information for the account, CC info, secret answer, etc. Since then I have not gotten a reply back after giving them all required information. And yes, they said they would close it in 3 days if I didn't reply. But I did and I haven't gotten a reply in I think 7 days now and the ticket is still open.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

OK sounds like all is good, but just taking a long time for some reason. Wonder if you could put a follow up in? Or send a twitter to Holly thru EQ twitter?
  13. Barallron Journeyman

It has been a week for my character transfer. How long does it typically take? I've done a few before and I don't remember them taking this long.
  14. Gragory Journeyman

They only have 2 GM's for all their games. Maybe one of them has been sick.
  15. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I haven't had trouble with petitions, but I also haven't submitted hard things like this.
    I also remember way back a GM telling me that if I update the petition it falls to the back of the line again. I'm not certain of the truth of this or not though.
  16. Cruxx New Member

I have unanswered petitions about characters that are missing. A simple "we are investigating an issue" would go a long way.
  17. Phits New Member

My mother put in a petition to try and get her guild leadership changed. The guild leader hasn't been on sice like 2006 and she never got a reply at all.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That's because they refuse to touch guild leadership issues. There are so many posts about it and controversy over it they probably just ignored it.
  19. Bignomial New Member

Well it's been 17 days now with no response in over 10. I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever get my account back or if I'll just have an open ticket for years.
  20. Astley Augur

Are you a current subscriber?

I believe Subscribers get preferential customer service over free to play accounts.

Might be that if you're free-to-play you have to wait till they get to earlier issues from subscribers.

Also, certain categories of tickets get responses faster I believe, because they are usually more urgent. Maybe it was submitted under one that was not the right spot?