Live Update Bugs 01/18/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Say it ain't so. Bobbing was a bad idea in 1999. It is beyond ridiculous now. Let this error be expunged forever from the gaming world and the perpetrator lashed severely with their own intestines.
  2. Fooba Augur

It's possible I am remembering wrong.
  3. Mukkul Augur

Inventory window, merc tab, is not showing the new "improved" split AC and ATK values. Instead it shows the same old random single value it always has (4094 AC on a level 105 merc. What the heck is that value supposed to be anyway.)

Items do not show the new split AC or ATK values.

New velocity stat does not have enough precision to show any difference from the small Journeyman's Speed bonuses.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sadly, the bobbing fear was not realized. The developers will not have to fear the wrath of the dwarven hordes. However, their breath does still smell of elderberry wine.
  5. Prathun Developer

Nothing has changed with the raid's mechanics. It sounds like the other pop-up message has a priority equal to or greater than Doomlight though, which we can change if Doomlight's warning is more important. It is mostly coincidence if these abilities fire on the same tick, the overlap being contingent on the state of the Doomlight ability's time counter when she is lowered to the HP threshold where she starts using Reflective Scales.

The chat message she uses when targeting character(s) with Doomlight is "#It is time for you to burn, <name(s)>." The # sign prefix on the text string ensures that the chat message is visible at a very large distance, effectively zonewide.

In addition, like Sindaiann pointed out, each affected character will receive the spell land text "Sunlight gathers around you.", plus there's the decal attached to each affected character that shows the area of effect.

Edit: I've increased the priority of Doomlight's popup over Reflective Scales so that its popup will take precedence.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Prathun Developer

According to the ticket, this change was made in early December and went out in the December update.
    This note should probably have been listed in the Previously Updated section of the update notes.
  7. segap Augur

And nobody in the past month has found bard dots useful? Perhaps a different direction to helping our bard friends out is needed.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Seems some guilds on phinigel were also rolled back several weeks and lost anyone invited since then.
  9. TitusMaximuss Lorekeeper

Determine what's wrong with Ralla 0/1 (Chardok)
    • Speak with Ralla, say 'signs of a struggle
    • RALLA DOES NOT REPOND TO THIS OR [remove the amulet]
    • This is last step in Destabilising Chardok Partisan Quest
  10. TitusMaximuss Lorekeeper

never mind about... you have to click blue text... not use /say

I'm a bit too old school sometimes
  11. Slippry Augur

The AC stat on items has always been mitigation AC.

The combined AC number that we've had for 18 years was basically just a made up number that didn't really mean much beyond 'higher is mostly better'.
    Prathun likes this.
  12. Jondalar Augur

Yes please. It's ridiculous to give us a spell that will be overwritten in any bard group we're in.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

You are correct. I found an error in the script where I calculated group points, then in a way that overwrites the previous value, instead of adding to the previous value as I should have, calculates the raid points.
    I added the missing "+" sign. Unfortunately, this takes a full server down patch to fix, so it will be broken until the next patch.
    This bug also effects the "King's Key" item.
    Rhaage likes this.
  14. faelorne New Member

idk if it was the patch or not. but I tried to download eq onto my second computer and it stops 25% of the way through patching. it still works on my main computer that's fully up to date. note: my brother tried it on his computer and is having the same problem. the error shows its eq server side not my computer side.
  15. moogs Augur

I just went to investigate and I want to let you know that this is a very impressive "bug". It almost feels as though a developer went way out of their way to do this. The expansion is 10 years old now and those tunnels have never been blocked. Someone spent time modeling and placing the boulder meshes. What kind of unannounced changes should we expect this time?
  16. Qbert Gallifreyan

I guess you weren't around when DoN was released. That tunnel blockage was that way as a storytelling device. Similarly, The Nest was blocked off for general use until a guild made it far enough in raid progression.
  17. Prathun Developer

The switches have been in the zone since it was created. Those tunnels were blocked after the Lavastorm revamp was introduced and before Dragons of Norrath launched, a relatively short time period in the overall history of EverQuest. An artist did not go out of their way modeling boulders and placing them in tunnel entrances to ruin your day.
    That said, remember that just because you're paranoid doesn't mean we aren't out to get you. ;)
  18. moogs Augur

Oh, I'm definitely paranoid. No debating that.

I do remember an event when DON launched and there was a lava dragon that roamed the zone, killing everyone. I don't remember his name, only that he was big and black and orange.

Edit: Tirranun!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Prathun like this.
  19. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Not sure if it's patch related, maybe something else got broken post-patch.

Today I logged on to find our Grand Guild Hall (<Raging Fury> on Antonius Bayle) completely empty. Probably some items on the yard are missing as well but I can't say.
    Yesterday after the patch and some ours later all seemed ok.

Even if some members got booted off the guild there still should be many items from those still in. Also, our freshest member (less than two weeks in guild) is still in.

How do we handle the guild hall interieur thing correctly? If we have to petition, who has to do that?
  20. PlayNice New Member

My mercs seem to be taking damage and getting all their mana drained when I am in Kor-Sha Labs. Have done all the group quests with the toons using the mercs. I could have sworn this was fixed in a previous patch? This is happening while I am fighting the Kar'Zok mobs.