Research Changes in upcoming patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gidono, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Machen New Member

It's easy to say it effects DoN memmed spells when there aren't any yet! :p Will see what happens if the update comes after you can mem them.
  2. jagarr Augur

Tome of Guard of Piety and Tome of Ichor Guard are DON aren't they? I sold like 1,000 of them literally... lol.

All of the Yaulp V and Circle of Seasons scribed spells In Kunark weren't removed after the recipes were disabled.
  3. Machen New Member

Ah thought it was only the 61 tomes from don. Guess we'll see what happens.
  4. Baldur Augur

It's definitely not crystal clear like you are making it out to be.

What RadarX is saying is not what the patch notes said, the patch notes said nothing about only GoD and onward. I'm glad it's only GoD and onward, but the patch notes were horribly worded.

RadarX could still be more detailed in his post. He only says spells, nothing about tomes. The only researchable items I know of that are in the game right now that are out of era are the tomes, so why can't he just speak to those specifically. They've never removed scribed spells/tomes before that I'm aware of, so this will be new.
  5. jagarr Augur

I have a feeling that they've realized the can of worms they opened and are re-evaluating it now.
  6. Astley Augur

RadarX responded to made and BANKED items... not scribed.

Could have been regarding any that were inventory only, and not include scribed lower level tomes.
  7. Catashe Augur

except what radarx said and what the patch notes said are two totally different things... He was responding to all the whining about removing all the Melee/Hybrid DoN tomes and not about them disabling the recipes that the patch notes is talking about...
  8. Catashe Augur

He clearly said MEMORIZED spells/abilities aka Spellbook/Combat Abilities in addition to made and banked items
  9. RadarX Augur

In general, both spells and tomes, researched or scribed, backpack or bank, in any form from GoD onward are being removed.
    jagarr and Zanarnar like this.
  10. Catashe Augur

But but RadarX that TOTALLY ain't specific enough! ;)
  11. Astley Augur

That clears it up, which is great... but Catashe... go ahead and point to where Radar said initially it would definitely include memorized spells/tomes.

He didn't. That was the misconception.
  12. Catashe Augur

Clearly says impacts spells GoD and on both researched(tomes in backpack/bank) and MEMORIZED(in spellbook and combat abilities).. I mean I guess could have put "GoD and onward, both researched and memorized." so I guess shame on RadarX for not using a comma and a different word.. =\
  13. Astley Augur

He said spells.

No mention of memorized tomes. Hence his first clarification didn't cover all the bases of his second clarification.

And yes, SOME of them are lower level, already memorized. Not just the researched ones in bags.
  14. RadarX Augur

Commas are for nerds. Don't even start me on semi-colons.
  15. Astley Augur

That said...

Not Instancing the Plane of Storms medallion giants will be like getting a semi-colon-oscopy.

You guys should really reconsider this stage... especially now that you're not going to let casual players bypass the Plane of Storms crapshoot for 3 months to get exp.
  16. jagarr Augur

thank you!! we didn't even have to beat it outta ya this time ;)
  17. Catashe Augur

Yea but this whole whining and complaining started because of the DoN tomes.. I guess I thought it was obvious...
  18. Catashe Augur

and well not to mention the only thing that was researchable before this change that was after GoD was the DoN tomes...
  19. RadarX Augur

This is off topic and I'm afraid I've made all the statements I can on that particular topic. It's moving forward as is.

Let's keep concerns on the spell changes here.
    Davenburg likes this.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm pretty sure you still aren't going to be able to research PoP spells in PoP unless I'm misreading what RadarX is saying.

The out of era tome/discs are being removed from the server entirely, and the research changes that were in the patch notes are still the gameplan.

It sucks for people that skilled Research but it would remove a pretty significant mechanic in the Ethereal/Spectral/Glyphed Spell lotto that PoP was pretty known for, as well as the Runes system in GoD/OoW/DoDH being able to research all of those spells in the same expansion as they are current. I do agree that +3 expansions is a bit extreme as there aren't many spells that will still be relevant 3 expansions past when they go live but it is what it is.