please advise

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Jan 18, 2017.

1. moogs Augur

Should I start at level 1 or just make an heroic SK on my mage account?
  2. Coronay Augur

Is this the official bi-yearly mage cry fest thread?
  3. moogs Augur

If it isn't official yet, let's make it so.
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Jelly New Member

Start a level 1 SK, that way by the time you get to 85 you know somewhat what you are doing. Nothing worse than an 85 anyclass that's constantly asking "how do I (basic class ability)?"
    moogs likes this.
  5. moogs Augur

I have a level 10 SK on a FTP account. Have a feeling I should abandon him and start over.
  6. Roxxanna Augur

You can start at 85, I've don't it for nearly all classes, and if I can anyone can.

And who cares if you ask questions, answering questions gives people something to do besides troll.

Btw, I had a 3 Mage box crew at level 96 when they nerfed pets last time, I rerolled 3 enchanters who have been 105 for awhile now.

Seriously, FK nerfs.
    Felicite and moogs like this.
  7. moogs Augur

I logged in an 85 cleric the other day and asked in general chat if anyone could use me for a group. Somebody made a stupid comment along the lines of, "Oh you're 85 so you must be a garbage heroic that doesn't know how to play." Never mind that I've played clerics before and I've been playing EQ for 15 years. Why the hate on heroic characters? Everybody has them.
  8. Felicite Augur

This seems legit - I mean I know how to play EQ (and tank) but "what do I cast" (and what AA do I activate) is a what I need to know:
    From: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/sk-heroic-guide-badly-needed.212935/
    moogs likes this.
  9. moogs Augur

Some classes have nice guides on YouTube specifically covering heroic characters for those that prefer info in video form. That reminds me, I need to redo the one for druids because I was loaded up on NyQuil when it was recorded.
    Felicite likes this.
  10. Roxxanna Augur

Problem now is when you hit 100 and have all these aas that you don't understand. I read through them and pick 1-2 a night to work on.
    Felicite likes this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

You need to make some new accounts and let them sit for a year, to get Lesson on them.
  12. Tucoh Augur

1. Make on new account, get heroic SK.
    2. Use fellowship to dump XP from your main to your SK.
    3. Farm hunter achievement in EoK and CotHero your SK to your mage to get geared.
    4. Burn vitality by grinding your tear of alaris in Shard's Landing.
    5. By next expansion you'll have a 105 SK with full EoK gear and AAs, where they will massively buff mages and hugely nerf SKs.