1/11 patch notes and devs rock!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Sancus Augur

I don't have any problem with them fixing/consolidating code, but doing so shouldn't result in a decrease in pet power. The shielding changes were the same way. In both instances they could have adjusted base pet stats to make the changes net neutral, but in each case they've chosen not to (or simply ignored the issue).

If pets were doing well, this might be acceptable. But considering, as you said, how overpowered tanks are to content, it really feels like a slap in the face. Especially after EM foci and pet AAs have repeatedly been stagnated or upgrading at a much slower pace than player power, not to mention the numerous straight up nerfs to pet tanking/aggro.

If they're going to tweak pets, they should look at real issues like pets missing melee hits on raids which has been happening for like 4 or 5 years rather than slightly nerfing their AC while pets struggle to handle content.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This patch makes me truly worry for the most important pet in the game: the druid mana bear.
  3. segap Augur

The problem with that, is if you're going to do incremental changes, 30 days at a time, you need to start on the players side of things and risk over powering, then tune down (setting that expectation up front so it's not a surprise nerf later). Better to hold off all the changes and put them out at once after being on test.

Hard to say since the "fix" isn't on test to judge what we're getting tomorrow, but if pets are significantly worse to the point of not being able to tank single mobs in current content (I'm also concerned about healer mercs being able to take a few hits), I can see many not playing for the next month pending the next scheduled patch. It's hard to get players back after they've taken a 30 day vacation. This game depends on being sticky and keeping subscribers sucked in.
  4. kthehammy Elder

I really hope they don't screw this up, we need people subscribing and playing.
  5. Vdidar Augur

yes it would be great if they did the exact opposite of what they do.
    fransisco and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Can we kidnap Augur, bind him to an iron ball and chain, and force him to work on Everquest again? Not that I'd wish anything bad for the guy, but it is for the greater good.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  7. mackal Augur

He's been back on the EQ1 team for several months now ....
  8. Riou EQResource

No he got laid off or left when Landmark was closed :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. mackal Augur

So he did. Twitter sounds like he left :p
  10. fransisco Augur

so is the eq team back down to 3?
  11. moogs Augur

Pretty safe to say that the devs don't rock anymore. They can change that if they reverse course and substantially boost survival of tank mercenaries, melee dps mercenaries, and pets.
  12. Lheo Augur

i would fire the first dev which even use "Nerf"...
    BUFFS things up so the player have FUN...EQ is a GAME!!!!!
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

So, from a smaller unpredicted pet nerf, the whole effort of the Quality of Life patch was somewhat devaluated for a segment of the community.

Loose/loose situation, really, bit sad to be pet class or Dev today.
  14. moogs Augur

Also lose if you're a player tank because you will have so many people sending tells for groups that your ignore list will max out.
  15. Vdidar Augur

Rumor has it other things may be looked into which could be a positive down the road. You are correct though. My pets anus gets loose everytime Dbg patches.
  16. fransisco Augur

Are your rumors about the next expac? Because that does nothing for a good year for all mages. And we've all learned what hoping for the future does - it just leaves you waiting.....
  17. Vdidar Augur

No.
  18. Sancus Augur

Pretty sad that this is about the extent of communication/dialogue we have with the devs at this point. I'll believe the rumors when I see the patch notes.
    IblisTheMage and Vrinda like this.
  19. Vdidar Augur

Me too but at least one has said they will look into the avoidance. Odds are nothing comes from it but at least the seed has been planted.
  20. Drakang Augur

Don't care that the AC numbers are the real numbers and its what has been used in calculations all along. Its a shot in the gut seeing the numbers drop like that lol.

Plus the AC on gear is not broken out that way so it just complicates things.

650AC BP (with metal powersource) translates to 276 to one number and 88 to the other? Really?

Does at least showcase the importance of Shield AC when a 492AC shield drops the first number by 600 and second by only 20. Shows Primary weapon AC does have a slightly larger impact than other slots. 213AC weapon drops first number by 96 45% of effect vice 42% of effect for the BP.