Pet and Merc -- Stagnation then further nerf.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fransisco Augur

Before any tanks get uncomfortable, we are not talking about pets being able to tank 12 drachnids without a healer.
    We just want to be able to trust that our pet can survive tanking 1 mob and sometimes an add without having to drop all dps to try and keep it alive.
    Also, having pets do a relevant amount of damage would be a nice treat.
    Gyurika Godofwar and moogs like this.
  2. Ybidzian New Member

I agree mercs are broken. Mage pets on the other hand, with EM23 earring and max AAs are gods. Even necro pets can tank down non raid Named. Cannot comment on BSTs since I haven't grped with one lately. Mage pets are still pretty tough, don't underestimate them.
    Perplexed likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

I don't even care if the pet does much damage. I just want to not die when I have to rely on a tank merc or a pet. It needs to be able to hold aggro and take damage from 1 current expansion mob at a time, and not die immediately on a pull in the 5 seconds or so that it takes to make use of crowd control.
  4. moogs Augur

Yes, but the problem is that most players do not raid. Group content should not be tuned around raid geared players.
  5. Venau Augur

Ehh. Plus 1! for trolling. Gratz:)
  6. Venau Augur

Eagerly awaits the video of Ybid tanking down The Bridge Keeper with his/her necro pet like it aint no thang:)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Igniz Augur

I beg to differ here, a little - speaking strictly molo - two out of three pet classes are able to slow every mob in the game that is not flagged as immune to changes in attack speed. Single Mobs in Droga are quite dangerous for Magician Earthpets, if I trust my merc and dont immediately swap to pet heal if fluffy falls below 60%. Doubles are neigh impossible, as they chew through our RS faster than I can recast them. That's Trash Mobs, non-nameds ...

I have never played a BST or NEC, so can't really grasp how tanky their pets are with the added support from their respective owners, but as a mage, there is awefully little I can do for fluffy beside /cast funny pet heal.

The Difference betwen EM23 Raid focus and EM 15 (16? EDIT: 18! Thanks Fransisco) Group focus is ~25K HP for the Earth pet, iirc. Secondary defensive skills don't have a parseable difference between those two foci, last time I bothered to check.
  8. fransisco Augur

you obviously do not play a mage.
    1. Most players do not have em23. Most players have em18 (which has been the group max for a few years now (since TDS).
    How can you call a pet only capable of tanking a single mob worse than a afk knight using 0 abilities without a shield a god?
    I am most certainly not underestimating them because whenever I am online, I am playing a mage (in group gear).

edit: In retrospect, Ybidzian is trolling
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Ybidzian New Member

I do not riad, I am not trolling, I am just saying that I have met casual raiders with RM 23 ear and max pet AAs, and their oets are fearsome. they can tank Named in t1 at least. Also, I am not a troll, I am an Erudite SK, and my pet can't tank anything, lol.
  10. Sancus Augur

But your class can molo 12 drachnids at once with only a DPS merc.

Tell me again about how my raid focused pet is a god?
    Gyurika Godofwar, Vdidar and Igniz like this.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

See I think the intent here is group geared players/pets/mercs will be happy in pre-TDS content thus leaving all the newer content to us raid-geared players. Or if you want to play in the big leagues you're going to have to put together a real group of 6 competent human beings. (Good luck on that!)
  12. Tucoh Augur

I don't think Ybidzian is trolling. I do think he is mistaken.

I'd be pretty impressed if I saw a mage/nec/bst pet tanking Chief Dronan, the bridge keeper, grand advisor zumuul, the aide etc with normal healing/support.
  13. Millianna Augur

There is no reasonable way to have the knights tuned for raids and not have them over powered on group content. A non raid geared SK is going to struggle using 2hs and offensive without using any abilities. There is no reason to call out a nerf. Pets are going to continue to take nerfs until no one plays them.
    Igniz likes this.
  14. Igniz Augur

So ... starting tomorrow then?
  15. Tereil Elder

I would really love to not have my group geared SK, who is working on progression in previous expansions, and finding it an adequate challenge, to be nerfed due to raid geared power.

That being said, my mage is my offtank and I am hoping the changes going live don't hurt that terribly much. I like both classes.
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

You left out Warriors, cant leave them out of this post.:p
  17. Sindaiann Augur

Warrior is such a dirty word.
  18. Avory Augur

I play a ranger and have for about 15 years.

I started a mage in TBM because as an outside class you watch a single class tank 2 mobs at a time while dpsing. You watch this class tank all named with their pets.

As a described "tank" class for my ranger main, my mage's pet still out tanks my ranger. My ranger is fully raid geared from TBM with some items out of EoK raids as well. mage is raid geared from TBM but not even fully auged as I don't take the alt very serious.

I honestly think what happened here is a class became so accustom to being beyond OP that while STILL OP when it comes to pet tanking they have a meltdown because they are slightly less as good at it.

Think of it like this, mages want the order of group game tanks to go:
    War
    SK/pal
    Mage pet
    Everyone else listed below, who really cares.

If My ranger could constantly (no AA abilities used, no disc) tank as well as mage pets I'd go back to boxing a shaman. Why box a shaman when I can out tank most classes with mage pet, DPS and use ranger as ranger DPS.

Try soloing as a mage...

Now try soloing (you and your merc) as a:

Rogue
    Berserker
    War
    Cleric
    Bard
    Ranger
    Monk
    Pal
    Sk....

Most these classes would outright die soloing with a merc or take years to kill one mob while a mage can kill a mob, offtank another and DPS inbetween.

And I don't even take this class seriously as an alt.

I'm not calling for nerfs, just trying too add prospective.
  19. fransisco Augur

Serious?
    A warrior, sk, monk, paladin will die soloing a mob with just a merc?
    - ignore the videos of SKs soloing 12+ drachinds without a healer, only a caster merc
    - ignore all the parses of tanks out damaging mages

A raid geared ranger cannot solo with an exp mob with a healer merc?

I call shinanigans
    Igniz likes this.
  20. Igniz Augur

Meet me in Droga, Avory, I'll gladly watch you "kill a mob, offtank another and DPS inbetween". I am always looking to improve myself, and apparently, your not so serious alt performs quite noticably better than I do.

Apart from that, I don't think PAL/SK have a big problem with current content, either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.