1/11 patch notes and devs rock!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Jan 11, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-are-paper-on-test-please-abort-patch.237816/
  2. Tucoh Augur

Perfect.
  3. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

This was foretold. Zerkers are ramped up causing other DPS classes to have their feathers ruffled on top of the "balance where art thou" thread...the logical result has occurred...pet nerf.

/lfg on and Carry On.
    Drogba and fransisco like this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

ROFL
  5. fransisco Augur

well, the devs posted in the 1/11 bugs thread (about unrelated things), so in theory they have read about the problem
  6. fransisco Augur

well, per Dzarn, end result is another pet nerf.
    Not as big as the nerf on test, but more tanking/mitigation nerfs for pets because OMGOZORS they have pets?!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tes-and-discussion.237743/page-3#post-3497887

8. kthehammy Elder

video of SK tanking 12 drachnids with no healer.....results in.....nerf to pet tanking......

i cant even
  9. fransisco Augur

if SKs are doing about the damage of mages, shouldn't mages (or their pets) tank like and SK?
  10. Tucoh Augur

I think SKs are doing double the damage of mages =\
  11. kthehammy Elder

more like 3 times the dmg of a mage.

At this point we should all reroll as SK and zerkers. They are gonna keep nerfing everyone else until there are just 2 classes left to play. No need for a healer, SKs do that too. I'm sure next expac SKs will do zerker dps too and we can all just play SKs
  12. kthehammy Elder

I would trade my 105 max AA EoK geared mage for a fresh 85 heroic SK so fast right now. This is crap
  13. Tucoh Augur

As a warrior I have no idea why they would nerf pets/mercs. On live today tanks are currently golden gods, and mercs/pets are speed bumps for a lot of mobs in EoK.

I don't mind mercs being terrible, but all pet classes should've gotten a substantial increase in pet power via AAs in EoK.

However, the nerf to pets isn't large, especially if you're using your pet outside of raids. The 500 figure is with full raid buffs. If you're just playing with a cleric merc you'll get a lot less AC buff from your cleric merc + burnout.
  14. fransisco Augur

Its the fact that the devs consider an arbitrary pet nerf as "no big deal". Which means they don't think pets are underpowered.
    Which...
    is...

You know that they wouldn't randomly through out a 300-400ac nerf to SKs or other tanks.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

Oh, the irony... :)
  16. Xanathol Augur

1. SKs! Wars and Pallies are obviously cool, though... 2. Get good.
  17. moogs Augur

It's incredible. Only EQ devs could arrive at that decision.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Vrinda and Sancus like this.
  18. segap Augur

Was he using his pet in that video? Only logical conclusion would be that the lowly sk pet did all the work.
  19. Vdidar Augur

This has just become a comedy at this point. You have people like Xanathol who still dont think SK's are where they should be while they are just dominating the game and we are still nerfing pets. Does anyone really thing that Dzarn has an unbiased agenda. At least he did admit that what was going to live was not right, but still we have no clue as pet classes what we are encountering tomorrow. SK's will still be tanking 12 mobs np.
  20. Riou EQResource

Having things be equal probably just makes it easier to set pets as say a % of real tanks going forward, it should cut down on the work they have to do, especially now that they can see actual player real AC that goes into formulas value instead of having to manually calculate it out and such.

I don't think they tune anything defensively around content except the real Tanks, and even then that doesn't seem to be the case with how overpowered tanks are vs content, thinking they do pets or mercenaries around content is likely the very last thing they would bother to check (and I doubt they even checked them :p).

It's just another case of consolidation and making things even easier to develop for future content :p