Cannot connect the dots

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Grampiz, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Grampiz New Member

I'm returning from a long break, with a 4 box combo bard(93),cleric(90),shaman(83), warrior(91). I'm not looking to get back into raiding just want to group along and gear my guys up as I go. I can't seem to find the path to get upgrades for my warrior in zones he can effectively tank.

I can hunt Fear Itself in HoT with good success but he will not get any upgrades from this zone and if I move up to the tier 1 zone Veil of Alaris he can barely tank trash. I know he's the key to running any of the newer zones but short of buying bazaar loot, how do I get him upgrades and group at the same time? It seems like there should be a path a to b to c to d to follow for grouping but I'm not seeing it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Roxxanna Augur

Server? All access? Tank stances enabled?
  3. moogs Augur

Argath was a pretty tough zone to break into at the time. As Roxxanna mentions, the new stance will help in a huge way. Find it in your AA window, make a hotkey, and make sure that it's Enabled.
  4. Grampiz New Member

Bertox, yes, and I'm reading up on that now. Thanks for the input.
  5. Tucoh Augur

If you link a magelo of your warrior (you can sync it to easily create one) we can give you specific gearing recommendations.

If you haven't already I'd definitely recommend shopping in the bazaar. A lot of content is balanced around your tank being well geared, so you shouldn't feel restricted from the bazaar to get a leg up. There's a lot of tradeable gear that drops at that level range for people farming the Tears of Alaris.

ex:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=107382
  6. Grampiz New Member

Well the tank stance cured my problems, it was obviously rolled out in my absence. I appreciate the input from everyone.
    moogs likes this.