could not get through the tutorial

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by laocoon1, Jan 9, 2017.

1. laocoon1 New Member

I'm trying to make a new account to see if any of my old buddies are online but I could not get through the tutorial. Any advice? I don't want to play the game unless it can approximate my previous experience.
  2. svann Augur

No one can help you unless you say what the problem is.
  3. Critts Augur

All you have to do is hail the barbarian until the cell door opens. Kill the jailor, loot the key and hand the key to the barbarian. Once you get to the area you spawn at there will be a large cave looking thing on the wall with a black hole where the mouth should be. just click it and you will zone out to the normal world.
    Alternatively I think you can bypass the tortorial all together by changing your starting city at the character creation screen. There may be a box you have to uncheck as well. You can also just send a tell to your friend from the tutorial.
  4. Brecken New Member

At the character creation screen, you can just click the "Tutorial" box so that it isn't active(it's automatically applied to a new character) and you will start in Crescent Reach.
    karmalious and Felicite like this.
  5. Brecken New Member

As a fellow new/returning player though, I do suggest pushing through 4-5 levels there(pretty quick) to pick up a few key items.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Walk over to Arias and /say I am ready to leave. That takes you to Plane of Knowledge.
  7. Tucoh Augur

You can also run through the waterfall after icing the kobold jailer.
  8. svann Augur

Oh, you cant get out of the tutorial. I thought you were having trouble getting through it. lol
  9. Tvarian Augur

Does this still work? I know it used to be that way long ago, but now Arias tells you to go through the tunnel, which brings you to Crescent Reach.

I didn't think Arias still ported you out to PoK. Good to know if it still works.
  10. moogs Augur

Yes it does. I did it about 3 weeks ago and ported directly to POK. Not that it matters...it's less than a 5 minute run from Crescent Reach.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It all in what you say to him. If you say anything other than the exact phrase then yeah you get the tunnel response.
  12. Felicite Augur

^^ this - you don't need to enter the Tutorial.
    karmalious likes this.