Appealing Petition Decision

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by minimind, Jan 2, 2017.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

I would like to request a reconsideration of the result of a petition.

I came back to EQ in late November. I purchased the newest expansion a week or so ago to get the last three expansions. I was then told about the familiar, mount, and illusion key rings. I thought, "Hey, that's convenient!" and sought out the functions in game. On the mount and illusion key ring areas, I saw "0/0" and a "Buy slots" button leading to the Daybreak Marketplace and clicked it to open the marketplace. I then purchased key ring slots using the DB cash in my wallet.

And then nothing happened. No slots granted. I zoned, camped out and logged back in. I asked around, did some reading, and finally found out that the key ring slots and the feature are two different concepts. Apparently, I needed to purchase access to the feature (which grants 10 slots in the first place), but that's not stated anywhere. In fact, nothing along the purchase path suggests the need to do anything but "Buy Slots"- which I did.

As a result, I've purchased slots to features that I do not own. I petitioned that my DB Cash purchases (orders "1336354598" and "1336354519") be reversed so I could use the DB cash to buy access to the feature(s). I received a form email stating that no refunds would be granted for anything.

I would like to request this decision be reconsidered.
    1. There was nothing stating that I needed to buy access to the feature. Usually this kind of stuff comes with the expansion and additional access comes with additional purchase.
    2. The UI in EQ shows "0/0 slots" and the button says, "Buy Slots". So I did that. I bought slots. That's not an unreasonable action.
    3. Why have a petition section for "Refunds" when it just triggers a form response saying that refunds aren't granted? Why not just state it there?
    Thank you for your time,

Ramon
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Seems fair enough they shouldn't allow someone to purchase extra slots to something they can't even use.
    Yinla and eepok like this.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

Follow-up. I received what seems to be an automated email regarding my petition. It's an apology that they are yet to respond to my petition, but will do so. This morning, I got a living GM response requesting more information, so there's hope!
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Good stuff! And I hope they fix the marketplace so this doesn't happen to anyone else.
  5. Yara_AB Augur

I had something similar happen to me a while ago on one of my accounts that didn't have an expansion granting one of the keyring features.

The system let me buy the slots - but of course I didn't have the initial feature no slots opened up.
    Petitioned, told them that I don't see why the system let me buy the slots at all and that at this time I don't have the intention to buy the expac just to get the feature. Asked if they could undo the buying of slots.

A day or so later it was granted.
    I wouldn't have had an issue if they had told me "sorry - cannot do that. but once you buy the feature - or get it another way - in the future the slots will be right there.". Of course I liked the reversal way more.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

Petition completed. Purchases refunded. Keyring purchased. All is well.

Only way it could be better is if preventative measures were made. :D
    moogs, Yinla, Janakin and 1 other person like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

GRATS! And I agree... this is something that shouldn't have been able to happen in the first place.
    Janakin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Leigo You come here often?

This happened to me just before EoK was released. I bought the extra slots as I did not buy tbm and get the feature with the expansion. I was later I formed that I bought the wrong item and managed to talk them into refunding my DBC so I could buy the access instead. This was well over a month ago and I told them they should make it so you can't buy the extra slots until you account has the proper flags required for them, IE keyrings.