Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

2. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Go ahead and app. Whatever your class is, doesn't matter - I'll put you first on the tank rotation. It'll be awesome.
  3. Illusory Augur

I lol'd in real life and now people in my office are looking at me all funny.
  4. Shaoqiang Journeyman

It seems they intend to ignore this issue indefinitely. Clearly, DBG is as lazy and tone-deaf as they've ever been.
  5. Cainen Augur

They are not ignoring it at all. There have been several Dev post in the POP instance thread where they have stated the intended rules for these giants and that currently they have no plans to change it. That doesn't mean it wont change before/after POP goes live but they are not being Lazy and Tone-Deaf just because you don't like the answer
  6. Shaoqiang Journeyman

All they're doing is dismissing it as if it isn't a concern. I don't consider this an adequate response to this issue. You can disagree if you like.
  7. Moonii Elder

No it's certainly not being ignored, and its not lazy. Its designed by them. This is their actual purpose for these giants because they put in extra work to make them not spawn in instances, and then replicated that in BOT.

This was done on purpose, they obviously think its a good idea and dont intend to change it.
  8. Ootax Augur

Their response is adequate, it's not one you like which is the reason you are saying that. But they've pretty much stated this was intended. I don't agree with it either but they have responded. It's going to be a b%#ch fest and I'm sure a lot of us if not all will have to put up with a lot crap until we can finally get our pieces. It will be interesting to see how this effects the server health.
    Communist Puppy likes this.
  9. Get_Rekt New Member

Always thought you were a sad bag of d walking around nexus with your illusions seeking attention. Have a little respect for you now for linking a Meshuggah video. Congrats!
  10. Atabishi Augur

I'm not allowed to AFK in nexus with style?!?!?! /sigh I can never do anything right.
  11. Shaoqiang Journeyman

Sure, they responded, but they're ignoring the majority of the community and probably don't want to put in the work it would require to change PoStorms instances from their present state. Totally inadequate response imo. I dunno why you keyboard warriors are so keen on arguing semantics and shifting the focus from the real issue.
  12. Moonii Elder

Shao, they put the work in to change it to this state. It was done on purpose.
  13. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

If poopsockers lock the corpses down and sell for Kronos, people will have to buy Kronos to obtain them. Smart move by DBG just not in the best interest of most players.
  14. Tuucan_ED New Member

The world is ending. That's the story before every expansion launch on Phinny. Every. Single. One.

Guess what, it won't end. Calling the devs incompetent won't get you a response. If anything it'll make them not want to give you a response. No one likes to deal with spoiled children, and that's how most people act on this forum. They have a job which is quite difficult and until you've actually attempted their job dealing with the likes of the people on this forum, you have no right to speak ill towards how they do their job.

There will be one great bottleneck per expansion. It's how things have simply been. BoT key is PoP's cluster F. So be it.
  15. Vanrau Augur

[IMG]
  16. Kahna Augur

You are right, there has been an outcry before every single expansion, and every time the players have been right and the devs have had to step in and make changes. This will be no different. At this point the best way to deal with this situation is to do exactly what we are all going to do anyway. Be harsh, be competitive and do whatever it takes, within the rules of the game, to get the job done for ourselves and our guilds, it is just human nature. The bickering mess that results will cause sub loss and that will get the devs attention. It will be fixed within a few weeks of PoP launch, same way the VP keys were fixed.

Sucks that they can't believe us despite the fact that we have been right so many times in the past but it is what it is.
    Marek-EQ likes this.
  17. Toodles Elder

the issue i have their reasoning for changing it was to insure that [instances/expeditions] do not trivialize or make encounters easier... understandable reasoning except for application of that logic to this scenario

sitting in one spot socking a mob with 20+ people, ready to compete against another 20+ people... is not really any more difficult than popping an instance and killing the mob with 20+ people. other than having to dodge trains or other undesirable player behavior.

bottlenecks and time-sinks are not difficult, just artificial way to slow down progression... which is pointless on a timelocked progression server. it doesnt really trivialize the encounter or accomplishment to allow the quest to be completed in instances
    Valura likes this.
  18. Moonii Elder

No one is saying that the world is ending, and that wasnt the call in previous expansions either. Its repeated highlighting of a created issue. The difference this time is that Devs have put this longjam in on purpose, with VP keys and VT keys they were bad, but doable, and part of what made them doable were parts being in instances (Think Kylox, Taskmasters, certain VT shards)

This is a deviation from each expansion before this one on phinny. This is not the same, its a direction change and its alarming that they would *want* artificial logjams, and go to the extra effort of implementing them.
  19. Ootax Augur

Don't know why you say keyboard warrior. And I guess you have selective reading or something because I'm not arguing it. I agreed that it should be change. But go read their response, they intended for it to be that way. People just don't like that and don't like the response so those like you are saying it's and inadequate response, when it's not. Just because you don't like the response doesn't mean it's inadequate, you're reading comprehension is the only thing that's been shown to be inadequate so far.
  20. Tudadar Augur

All changes to phinny will probably be the same on the upcoming progression server. They might want to test it out and see what happens. I dont think they will lose many subs delaying people a week or two. Phinny is probably now a testing ground for new and better things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.