Gribble HA bugged?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Connundrum, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Connundrum Lorekeeper

I have not had any issues running the three tasks from gribble up until today. I have changed nothing on my end, using default UI, and no system updates or anything liek that. When I try and ask Gribble for a task a window pops up with nothing listed in it, and if I click accept it gives me the disrupting the ritual quest. If I complete that quest and try to request another, it says that I have a lockout timer for disrupting the ritual.

Ive tried relogging, and that didnt work. What else can I try to get the tasks to show up properly again?
  2. Maedhros High King

Oh thats wonderful news.
    Consider it a blessing in disguise.
    Go out and experience something different.
    How in the world people can still stomach Gribbles in 2017?
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

DH causes numerous health issues. Perhaps they've done good for all, and removed it from the game.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. segap Augur

Perhaps after you run it 2,147,483,647 times, the game breaks.
  5. Roxxanna Augur

With the recent rash of disconnections, I've bugged a couple of times. It was working fine next day when I logged in.

People still do Gribbles because it's quick reliable xp. If that's what keeps him logging in so be it. Is it really any worse than doing the same mind numbing raid over and over and over till the expansion drops?
    moogs, Xeladom, svann and 4 others like this.
  6. Sancus Augur

If people were still farming CotF T1 raids every week and had been since CotF launch, yeah that would be pretty bad.
    Bigstomp, Astral64 and svann like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

For the OP it may have been during a lag period for your server. I have various forms of lag from tells to mission requests, mission rewards etc.

Yeah can't say I have any urge to do gribbles most of the time but sometimes when I want a quiet exp grind I have been known to partake.

Hard to understand why players have an issue with someone else enjoying repetitive content. Game devs I can see them worrying about expansion sales. Though the posts in this thread seem more kidding then anything else.

That being said if you are level 105 you are better off grinding at EoK named camps if you can handled them or just EoK mobs period. At least you have a chance at a rare drop and the exp is decent. But if people want to do Gribbles I say go ahead and enjoy it. If that is what makes the game fun for you who am I to tell you otherwise.

As I say to my guild members we are all about having fun in Everquest as long as it is not to the detriment of others. If fishing in PoK is your thing or doing gribbles, soloing, moloing, grouping its all good. It's a game. It's meant to be fun and don't let anyone else tell you how to play.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

I guest with a guild that does CoTF raids every Friday, yet I'm in TBM raid gear. We do it cause it's fun. I also feed an endless line of my alt boxes on Gribbles, After 1000+ raids I'm bored and semi retired from it, I hated TDS, I hated TBM, I cannot stomache purchasing another expansion to hate. So I log in, run a couple Gribbles while Netflixing, and bother no one. Judge me.
  9. Critts Augur

I had the same problem a few years ago. It corrected itself after I did the Towwer of Rot quests. Mawhahaha /disclaimer this is a troll.
  10. Behelit Augur

but but but I like destroying Bone Crusher on neriak 1 every week.... hater
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Critts Augur

EoK is surprisingly pretty good. It does have a few road blocks that are somewhat annoying, but overall pretty enjoyable. EoK gear is really nice. TDS isn't that bad anymore if your geared from TBM or higher. I recently ran my SK through all of TDS with very little trouble.
    Finen likes this.
  12. Sancus Augur

I should've worded my response better, my point was that farming current content raids because no other raid content exists is not comparable to grinding the same three HAs from three expansions ago.

I don't really care what specific people do with their game time (in other words, if you personally enjoy farming CotF T1 raids or w/e over and over, more power to you), but I also think the general trend of people farming gribbles isn't ideal. At this point it is what it is, but a dev probably should've realized prior to CotF launching that they weren't the greatest idea.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If they were having fun then it would be pretty good. It's a game. It's all about fun. If it's fun its good. If they were raiding cotf and were all miserable then yes it would be bad.... FUN GOOD.. NOT FUN BAD.

NOT FUN is like FIRE. BAD!

14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I was with you on TDS and TBM.. well not so much hate they didn't thrill me.. though I thought TDS was better then TBM. I really like EOK so far so you might consider it.

But if Gribbles works for you grats! Its all about having some fun. I love to box a gribble on the rare occasion so I can just afk whenever I want to. Or like you say catch up on some netflix. :) Or chat in game... about the only time I die in game is from chatting too much.... don't really have to worry about that in a Gribble.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hey Critts! Yeah I haven't done progression yet but I hear it has a few rough spots.
  16. svann Augur

Im going to go out on a limb and say that the people doing DH HA did not do them continuously from then till now. The characters doing them now are generally new characters and/or alts. Same with those raids. People still do them you know. Why? Because they dont have the gear and/or team to do newer raids, or possibly just because they like the old content better. New guilds have to start somewhere.
  17. Connundrum Lorekeeper

ive re logged many times and its been over a day now and the problem still persists. Its only the task window that is bugged, everything else is fine.

Issue is specific to this one account, none of my other accounts have this problem. Im considering looking for a custom UI piece for the task window to see if that fixes the problem.
  18. Roxxanna Augur

Could try /load ui

I know my option tab window for setting target hotkeys sometimes messes up and half is missing, load ui fixes it every time.

Note: There will be a long screen freeze when executing this command , 30-60 secs.
  19. Gundolin Augur

The Friday night raids are probably 50% people who can't get lock outs for EoK or TBM. Many of us started raiding Valley together and still meet for fun on Friday nights. I'm fully TBM raid geared so really just doing CoTF to be with friends.
  20. GoneFission Augur

I hit gribbles for lessons burn or when I only have a limited time to play. When you get the blank message like this, make sure your group doesn't have any tasks still open. This used to hit me during high volume times, and I thought maybe the instance allocation may be getting full. Then I saw it happen last weekend, and I still had a mission on a toon. Normally it will tell you someone still has an active task, sometimes the mission selection is just blank.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.