Info share on 300+ Tradeskills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hickers, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Research and baking have the bigest gap for skill up but not as big as 155 per... was more around 65 but i need to double check. I finished my list for research a few days ago with how many of each hides and scrolls is needed for each set. I will post it once i get home.
  2. Drewie Augur

I counted 53 recipes learned to get from 317 to 318 research.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

RESEARCH
    Apprentice Rune (Complete) class can not combine for warriors
    1-4 Raw Stiff Hide
    5-9 Raw Crude Hidex14
    10- 14 Raw Rough Hidex25
    15-19 Raw hidex29
    20- 24 Raw Fine Hidex46
    25- 29 Raw Supple Hide x30
    30-34 Raw Runic Hidex39
    35-39 Raw Fine Runic Hidex28
    40-44 Raw Supple Runic Hide X24
    45-49 Raw Fine Supple Runic Hide x40
    -------------------------
    50 Grubby Crude Spell Scroll X9
    51 Shabby Rough Spell Scroll X10
    52 Grimy Spell Scroll X17
    53 Shabby Fine Spell Scroll X10
    54 Dirty Runic Spell Scroll X21
    55 Stained Fine Runic Spell Scroll X44
    56 Smudged Rough Papyrus X25
    57 Grimy Papyrus X16
    58 Grubby Fine Papyrus X36
    59 Dirty Runic Papyrus X17
    60 Sooty Fine Runic Papyrus X54
    61 Used Parchment x57
    62 Grubby Fine Parchment X53
    63 Shabby Vellum Parchment x52
    64 Grimy Fine Vellum Parchment x53
    65 Smudged Runic Parchment x89
    66 Grimy Fine Runic Parchment x65
    67 Dirty Vellum x59
    68 Grubby Fine Vellum x67
    69 Shabby Runic Vellum x88
    70 Sooty Fine Runic Vellum x104
    71 Smudged Rough Paper x72
    72 Sooty Paper x54
    73 Sooty Fine Paper x60
    74 Smudged Runic Paper x60
    75 Stained Fine Runic Paper x59
    76 Smudged Rough Charta Arcanum x70
    77 Sooty Charta Arcanum x64
    78 Sooty Fine Charta Arcanumx74
    79 Smudged Runic Charta Arcanum x64
    80 Sooty Fine Charta Arcanumx x64
    81 Smudged Rough Spell Tablet x69
    82 Sooty Spell Tablet x60
    83 Sooty Fine Spell Tablet x72
    84 Smudged Runic Spell Tablet x66
    85 Stained Fine Runic Spell Tablet x89
    86 Smudged Rough Numen Plaque x76
    87 Sooty Numen Plaque x74
    88 Sooty Fine Numen Plaque x73
    89 Smudged Runic Numen Plaque x74
    90 Stained Fine Runic Numen Plaque x106
    91 Smudged Rough Orphic Card x65
    92 Sooty Orphic Card x53
    93 Sooty Fine Orphic Card x61
    94 Smudged Runic Orphic Card x57
    95 Stained Fine Runic Orphic Card x63

I got list for each tradeskil similar to this but its like all mixed up atm. Ill clear it up some time this week.
    gotwar likes this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Well... I take that back... You get the learned recipe message but after doing 50 combines with out any skill up I felt older farming 260 essence of shadows =x
  5. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

out of curiosity, whats your baking look like atm?

i'm basically out of recipes that i've been able to scrounge up (i have a handful of recipes i cant make yet due to @##^$& nest dragon meat not dropping) and i figure i need another 100-200 to finish up altogether, so i'm not entirely sure how to close the gap. i've begun the process of sorting out which oddball quest ones learn and which dont, and to save others some trouble/time will do my best to post ones i've confirmed that aren't learnable to EQTC where they are noting that.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i thought dzarn said no cultural... ?
  7. Aanuvane Augur

Just out of curiosity - you've included mixing bowl and ice cream recipes too and you're still out and short?
  8. Orbital101 Augur

yes he did but those couldn bet scribed and im pretty sure I got a skill up using the cultural forge prepping my combines. I would need to dig what gave me that skill up and the learned recipes message confused me.

No one perfect -.-
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Yes.
  10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Cool! I just wondered because I suspected I got a skillup off of something that I shouldnt have, but decided i probably had just lost my mind ;)
  11. gotwar Gotcharms

This is infinitely helpful, Good, ty! Whenever you are able to compile/organize similar lists for the other tradeskills, their posting would be much welcomed here :)

I've done Jewelcrafting up past 340 and found some hard-ish to acquire materials to be:

Taffeinite x110 ish
    Staurolite x 110 ish
    Harmonagate x 110 ish
    Miragestone x 7 ish
    Prestidigitase x 110
    Amethyst x
    Polished Quartz x

Many of the JC combines will also require you to borrow an Enchanter for an undisclosed # of hours ;) Other than that it might just be the easiest TS to quickly raise.

Research seems like a PITA to level due to the large # of combines per skillup, fortunately the combines are all formulaic and can be quickly done without much expended brain power. It's definitely not 100+ combines per skill-up, but it is a lot.

Edit: I am seeing 55 learned recipes needed per research skillup on an Enchanter at 315-317 skill. I believe JC was about 22.
  12. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

Based on my notes for JC it should be
    126 - Staurolite, Prestidigitase, Taafiette, and Harmonagate
    10 Amethyst, Polished Quartz
    7 Miragestone, Alaris Gemstone, Energized Gemstone
    109 Scale Ore

This is not a complete list, as there are a few other dropped gems and some other recipes you will need, as well as you will need a bunch of the generic tradeskill "dust" from each newer expansion to make bars of metal from (like essence of alaris, or dream dust). Haven't counted exact numbers on these yet.
    gotwar likes this.
  13. Aanuvane Augur

Don't forget 10 geodes.

I also found that LDONs at 100 drop taaffeite, staurolite, prestigitase while you're foraging for amethysts and polished quartz.
  14. Gillette Lorekeeper

After some of the Minotaur heavy/light ale recipes were recently posted. I tracked down the book that described how to make them. It's a book from some quests in Crescent Reach called Brodder's Lost Diaries Volume 2. It looks like all the recipes from that book have been found but it did lead me to another recipe I can't figure out. There is also Brodder's Lost Diaries Volume 1. The book has the following info in it:
    The sugar syrup recipe it mentions is already well documented but I can't figure out the main recipe it's hinting at. Any thoughts?
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Dzarn. Hludwolf. Please. /output recipes command. Please. Please. I'm begging you.
  16. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

17. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

18. Drewie Augur

What bothers me is not only that there are 2 different improvement requests for basically the same need, but also that they don't directly address the very specific improvement request which would be : let us have a way to figure out more precisely how far we are from reaching 350 in such tradeskill.

Don't forget that new recipes would be added in the next months, or at least with the next expansion, and those would (I guess) not count against reaching 350, so in the end displaying a recipe count or exporting a list of recipes might turn to be not so useful with both mixed.

So what we precisely need is either a way to export a list of all learned recipes counting specifically against reaching 350 in a specific TS (so that we could in the end compare it with a complete export from someone having reached 350), or at least to display a recipe count like X learned / Y total required to reach 350.

DBG would also have to ensure that 2 recipes don't have the same name, at least for a same TS. See all the "Prepared Fish" recipes, that wouldn't help much if the export would produce 40 "Prepared Fish" lines without a way to distinguish them (I already renamed the recipes on Zam so that they include the required fish, and added the ones missing from EQ Traders).

Also, how could DBG help the player community struggling to get to 350 in a specific TS ? Finding the missing recipes is like looking for a needle in a haystack, and maybe those recipes are bugged, or even not yet been discovered by players, who knows ? A fun way would be for DBG to provide hints, say when reaching 349, some command that would display (only once a week) the name of a random required component for a missing recipe : "You could really use a Frost Bunny Pelt to get that last point!" or even a less useful "You could really use a Water Flask to get that last point!" With more players reaching the last point, and more community exchange about the hints, this would be a fun way to close the gap.
  19. Stephen51 Augur

I've copied this from the Beta discussions, it seems a good post to base what recipes to scribe/learn;

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tradeskills-skill-up-rate.235801/#post-3474760

Dzarn said: ↑
    “To (hopefully) offer some clarification:
    To progress past 300 (or 200 in the case of fishing), there is an internal table of data that defines the following: SKILL - Bonus Points - Recipes you must know.
    These additional skill points are not added to your tradeskill skill value until you have reached 300 (or 200 for fishing).
    The real data example for fishing looks as follows for the first 5 points:
    Fishing - 1 - 3
    Fishing - 2 - 5
    Fishing - 3 - 8
    Once you have reached 200 fishing skill and gotten rank 1 of the new AA line, knowing a total of 3 recipes will allow you to have 201 skill. Learning two more recipes (a total of 5) will bring you to 202 skill, etc.
    For a recipe to count toward the progression the following has to be true:
    Its trivial is greater than 0 (not a no-fail recipe)
    Its not a recipe that is automatically known
    You must either scribe the recipe from a book or successfully create it once
    Its not a recipe that must be known in order to create the item
    Some combines cannot be done until the recipe is scribed, such recipes do not count for progression.
    Its a recipe you can learn by successfully combining the items
    Some combinations of items can be put together but don't teach you a recipe you can use, such combines do not count for progression.
    Its a recipe that is combined in a 'standard' container type:
    Recipes that require you to use a particular container do not count for progression; such as expendable containers or race specific forge

So are you sure Orbital, that the old DE cultural armour got you a skill up?

Also posted by Dzarn, though where it was posted originally, I'm not sure;

Dzarn said: ↑
    “The number of recipes required for each increment differs for each tradeskill as the number of recipes that can be learned differs dramatically between them.
    The totals aren't listed at this time as they may be adjusted in the future.”
  20. Kaponen Lorekeeper

Smithing has been crazy! LDoN camps pound for pound offered probably the most potential chances for skillups