AA priority for an SK?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mattnaik, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

Wondering if anyone has a recent guide to AA priority for an SK. I've found some lists on sites but they are from like 2009. I've got about 12,000 now (all the auto-granted plus a bunch of others I thought looked useful)

There are so many now it's hard to know where to focus and I know a lot of them have diminishing returns after a certain point. Also want to make sure I'm not ignoring some big important ones to help me tank better.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

3. Drakang Augur

First and foremost you are a tank. All the defensive AAs. CA, CS, Armor of Wisdom, General Sturdiness, Natural Durability, Shield Block and

Next work on things that boost your lifetaps and healing. Touch of the Cursed (Free healing just from fighting is good), Soul Abrasion, Dark Absorption, Destructive fury etc.

Next I would toss in all the stuff we get that provides a chance to resist spells and effects like steadfast will.

Increasing your DPS always ranks last for me. If your alive your doing more DPS than if your dead lol. So keep yourself alive. Then increase your DPS.
    moogs likes this.
  4. Ecure New Member

I am at 20k mark and just started getting Stoicism, very expensive but should be interesting if the 5th rank really does provide a meaningful protection against pushes.
  5. moogs Augur

OP, since you are using AutoGrant...

I wonder if it might be helpful if you could filter your AA window to show what you can purchase and upload a screenshot of each tab just for everyone to see what are your available options.
  6. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

Good idea. The list is long but here it is. There may be a few more that didnt show up cause they cost more than the 21AAs i had at the time but I assume the return on investment on those should wait till later anyway.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    moogs likes this.
  7. moogs Augur

Nice. Other than Armor of Wisdom, Combat Agility and Combat Stability (not shown because they must cost more than the 21 you have right now) there is Shield Block and General Sturdiness to get going on. I like Persistent Casting but keep going with Drakang's list for now.

My SK isn't that high level; what does Dreadlord's Defiance do? Sounds like a good defensive ability. EDIT: Never mind, it's just an innate % charm/mez/blind/snare resistance: http://www.raidloot.com/AA.aspx?name=dreadlord's defiance
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

9. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

Oh, CA, CS, and Armor of Wisdom are maxed. That's why that aren't in the list.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

From your pics, I would prioritize:

Shield Flash (simply the greatest tank "oh " key of all time - hotkey it to a key you can hit very fast. Just like FD, only when you want your group to live.)
    Physical Enhancement
    General Sturdiness
    Shield Block
    Persistent Casting (as important as Stoicism, but far cheaper)
    Explosions of Spite AND Hate, and Mindless Hatred, and Stream of Hatred (bread and butter agro)
    First Spire
    Purity of Death
    Weapon Affinity (everybody loves procs)
    Twintap
    Mystical Attuning (I still get buff blocked, your mileage may vary)
    Soul Abrasion
    Theft of Life
    Visage of Decay
    Extended Steely Stance
    Improved Demand for Power

Been a long time since I looked at the list from this perspective. SK's require a LOT of AAs.