Unresponsive Customer Support

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Baps Zerg, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Baps Zerg New Member

On new years eve, I was issued a warning (and later a 7 day suspension) for *unattended gameplay* killing spiderlings in Field of Bone. Simply put, my mage alts was caught repeating 'next target', 'pet attack'.

I am in the wrong. I am not disputing that. My annoyance is that the punishment seems disproportionate to the offence, and that the CS agent did not engage with my support thread. As suggested somewhere on these forums it is best to have total disclosure - which you will see i did. i am assuming that after 4 days of no activity the support ticket has been unofficially closed:

• Max "Remdag" Oakson
      Sunday at 09:34

It is here: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231115088-EverQuest-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-
    • player
      Sunday at 10:44

Ahh, its a link to the right of the rules of conduct.
      I can acept a warning. That article does clearly state so.
      I ask that the disciplinary action to be revised. I truly believe a 7 day suspension is heavy handed. i do not believe that these accounts have recieved any prior warnings (although I did do the claim bug on Ragefire on a different account just to see what would happen, and got a 5(?) day ban. Mind you, I didn't xfer the defiant armour, i didnt equip the armour, nor attempt to gain any benefit etc..
      Please review the 7 day suspension for quasi afking spiderlings in Field of Bone on the two accounts: account1, account2
    • Max "Remdag" Oakson
      Sunday at 10:55

The article doesn't say that at all.

Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban).

That says a warning is one of the options.

The suspension will not be released early.
    • player
      Sunday at 11:07

Hi Max,
      I am not sure what you are referring to when you say "The article doesn't say that at all."?
      To paraphrase what i previously requested (in a less ambigious way): I believe that the application of the rules was grieviously punitive within the context of this scenario (ie, heavy handed).
      I now think any fair review will be impossible as you have misread my last post. You have read my response as if i was debating your own rules, an approach which would be idiotic.My initial submission admitted my exact actions and context. i am not disputing that i was quasi-afk, nor that it is within your rules of conduct.
    player
    • pSunday at 11:14

"Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban)."
      The premise of my request of a review is that my percied innocuous actions have been dealt with a discipinary action that is harsh considering the context.
      As I said, i can accept an account warning, thinking that this would be appropiate, but to receive a 7 day suspension seems heavy handed - assuming a minor infraction upon the spectrum would receive a warning, and somehing like afk xp farming or krono farming would recieve a ban.
      Can you acknowledge my concern, even if you disagree?
  2. karmalious Lorekeeper

Very well written. And if you were afk killing spiders, theres no quasi-afk about it. You either went AFK or you didn't.

The question that burns my mind is why were you initially issued a warning....and then a 7day ban?

Daybreak Games and Customer service - is an oxymoron. The 2 phrases simply cannot be mashed together. Not since DBG became a company and rap3d everquest for all it was worth.
  3. Astley Augur

"I was only killing spiders AFK, that's not that bad, I should only get a warning, my accounts shouldn't have any other violations on it"

Then you also admit you participated in the defiant /claim exploit on another account and were banned.

Come on man, you know the rules of the game, and trying to play stupid here in order to get a smaller slap on the wrist is just a bit pathetic.

You had 2 accounts AFK-farming. You had a third account knowingly utilizing an exploit also. The elevation beyond a warning is justified. Don't selectively post the info here, there was clearly some conversation with the rep that occurred before what was going on here, and I wouldn't be surprised if you had other account history you're not talking about. I don't see any reason to believe you're being treated unfairly.
  4. Baps Zerg New Member

• voodoorob
      Sunday at 00:53

Killing spiderlings with mages in Field of Bone. using keybaord macro to "next target", "pet attack". Was tradeskilling at same time (with game's in built combine all function to turn spiderling silk into silk threads).
      Collecting with other toons while doing so.
      No one else in zone.
      Was not dominating area (spiders have like a 20 sec respawn)
      Banned Daybreak Login Name (or suspended?):
      Have you ever been banned in one of our games before?: no
      Server Name: Ragefire
      Character Name: toon1, Aggretoon2sive (two characters)
      Date of Offense:31/12/16
      3rd party program used: logitech Keyboard
      Please give your side of the story: (see above)
      Ban Appeal - Why do you feel the ban should be lifted?: It was not unattended. i was periodically adjusting toons etc... and to be honest, i cannot see any rules governing unnattended play in the linked terms and conditions.
    • player
      Sunday at 00:59

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct
      I cannot see any infractions?
    • Max "Remdag" Oakson
      Sunday at 09:34

It is here: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231115088-EverQuest-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-
  5. Baps Zerg New Member

The very first comment was due to the link given in the email did not have anything to do with the reason for suspension.

If you read unattended game play, if you press attack and walk off you are effectively breaching their conditions. This was not in the conditions, but in an article found obscure ont he rhs. I was periodically returning to the PC to combine the spiderling silks and buff with another toon etc... Feel free to define the line of an explicit AFK, as i do not see it as a discrete status. Would it be fine if i was watching YouTube (as i was at one stage).

The claim exploit was a 3 day suspension on totally different accounts. i mentioned them as i wanted to demonstrate complete disclosure, as recommended by a dev in a previously thread. At the time (and mind you i did this maybe 12 hours prior to the mass suspensions) there was no official word regarding it. I knowingly took the risk of being banned even, as they were on coth bot accounts.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If you were afk killing I don't think an 7 day suspension is unreasonable. Once they have determined the rule was broken I am not sure what engagement is required by CS. I also don't think they need to elaborate on how far you can go and ONLY receive a warning as that would be counter productive to discouraging unattended game play.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Baps Zerg New Member

And as for other account history, why would i bother disclosing unrelated suspensions on different accounts if i had other account infractions?

I have now added the full conversations, and you can see that it adds nothing to the discussion. If i misrepresnt myself here, why wouldnt a a CS agent just indicate so? I didnt come here for a forum showdown. Either take my comments as they are, or dont.

Why do i think it is disproportionate? because for months I have watched people sit on rare spawns, PLing afk Monks in Dreadlands, script HT during Fippy and countless other obscenely abusive conduct.

7 days for a spiderling silk?
  8. Baps Zerg New Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-control-daybreak.237104/page-9#post-3488414
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

Baps, why are you telling us this? We can't help you. What do you think we would be able to do here? Daybreak is who you need to be talking to, not us.

7 days is nothing, unless you are hopelessly addicted. :) If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
    Geroblue and Nennius like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If you have no other suspensions you would say so... talking about not talking about other suspensions is a red flag. And yeah any suspension on any account someone owns is going to be relevant.

Officer I have no speeding record in THIS car I have only been caught speeding in my OTHER car. *shrugs*

Just to make things clear, it may be a specific account that gets banned but the punishment is directed at the account holder.
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. moogs Augur

Looks like someone changed a long-standing position very recently. For many years, it was considered completely fine to have pets and mercs kill things for you passively as long as no automated input was generated. Players were not notified of this change.
  12. Ghubuk Augur

Apparently, he went beyond even that using automated keyboard input to target mobs, have pet attack and do tradeskilling.
  13. moogs Augur

Using a macro (software or keyboard) for unattended combat with a player character...that has always been the red line. Fishing, foraging, tradeskilling, leveling up casting skills...who cares.
  14. Ghubuk Augur

No, automated unattended combat of any sort has never been allowed.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

16. moogs Augur

It used to be fine for mages to have their pets on guard and sit in a high traffic area overnight. They ran the risk of being trained was the only thing.

The wording was always clear that it only banned the use of unattended automated input.

https://www.everquest.com/news/true-box-progression-server-faq-phinigel

Doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.
    • Playing on virtual machines.
    • Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.

After some more research, they changed the policy about a year ago. But from 1999 until 2016, it was totally fine to sit AFK as long as you didn't have anything controlling your character.