Chase Loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sarayu, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Sarayu Journeyman

Would love to buy some Monk chase loot on Tunare.

Dunno if I'm posting in the right place, but feel free to PM me or respond with what you have. Crush would be ideal.
  2. Intenso Augur

Dunno why they don't just make all raid gear attuneable ppl asking a lot for stuff on pa 200-500usd lmao
  3. p2aa Augur

No thanks.
    There is yet a server that exists for this, Firiona Vie.
  4. Hellboy007 Augur

Well attunable would not be that bad on all servers IMO.. I can say from exp having tradable gear makes raids so much more efficient.

I mean if people can kill mindlessly and get real $$$ from identical raid gear i dont see why actual raiders could not have that opportunity while doing the actual raid content?

and BTW are people really that stupid to pay $100+ for a single item? what is wrong with you?
  5. Thraine Augur

not anymore, now all servers are pay to win
  6. Intenso Augur

Fv is a pop server with cheating pop players hunt you down in seconds no? Wouldn't be the same as normal server with everything attunable so I see that comment dtupid
  7. Thraine Augur

seems sarcasm is a new thing to you.

sar·casm
    /ˈsärˌkazəm/
    the use of irony to mock or convey contempt

there are quite a few people currently unhappy with the way chase loots are being prostituted for kronos to benifit DBG's bank account.
  8. MrMajestykx Augur

[IMG]
    Orienn and Thraine like this.
  9. Kravn Augur

$100 ????

A lot of the good chase loots (DPS class weapons, tank shield, etc) are going for 25-50 kronos on Bristlebane.... at $18 per krono, the math works out to more like $450-900 per item.

Granted a lot of the people buying this stuff have traded and farmed their way into krono stashes, but still... a couple years playtime for a single item is nuts.
    Xanathol, moogs and Cicelee like this.
  10. p2aa Augur

Why raiders would spend cash to buy raid gear that drops in the raid content they are doing ?
    The main market will be players that don't raid.

If you want raid gear, you spend the time to raid to get it.
    There is no reason that a raider spends lot of time to show up to raid and win enough DKP to buy a piece of loot that the casual guy that never did any effort to raid comes with his dollars to buy the same thing.
    And as I said it, there is yet a server that exists for people that don't raid that want raid gear, it's Firiona Vie.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  11. Hellboy007 Augur

to be devils advocate about the presumed time a raider spends to get raid gear.... i just want to address the illusion that raiders some how spend so much time to get what they get.

listen carefully. We have had apps come in and within a month they are fully geared in TBM raid gear. Also we have had apps that were not worth there weight in poop come to the guild and within 2 weeks had at least 10 items and would up and leave the guild or fail app so poorly.

so basically 12 hours playing EQ gets you 100% raid gear..

I have, i count, 4 fully geared TBM raid gear chars. Could have easily been more had i wanted more chars..

In my raid guild we raid maybe on avg 1.5 days a week (or 4.5 hours a week) some weeks are off due to holidays. so ~50 weeks. 225 hours a year.

if a group played killed nothing but trash mobs for that many hours they would see some 0-6 chase items.

that last little comment about FV. Was that a pop shot to say FV is just some crap server cause people that dont raid can have raid gear? All servers have people that have raid gear that dont raid. sure you have to actually show up and loot it..
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Sarayu Journeyman

Not to complain about the discussion, but this is a WTB thread. I know they're overpriced and expensive. I've played since 1999, what else do I spend platinum on? If you have something you want to sell, feel free to shoot me an in-game mail on Sarayu.Tunare or a PM here.
  13. YellowBelly Augur

One of the big reasons I stopped raiding was because the gap between raid and group gear was closing too much. I never thought it would get this bad. It almost makes me ill seeing unbelievably undeserving boneheads get to equip this quality of gear. I know for a fact most would not last a week in a raiding guild.
  14. dwish Augur

This expansion has definitely taken group gear to a whole new level. Not only does the best raid gear in game drop from group trash (yes I know it's rare) but the normal group t2 visible armor set is actually better then the previous expansions raid gear outside of the odd raid focus you might need. I don't remember this ever being the case in EQ history.
  15. Runesnag New Member

Yea but you gotta go with the blackmarket Krono price ($8-$10) over the $18 tho as RMT traders aren't ever going to sell or buy kronos for $18. I know somoene paid that, but once they're in the system they are no longer worth $18. They are worth either 1 month game time or the blackmarket price.
  16. p2aa Augur

Before that raids are on farm, high end raid guilds raiders have lost a lot of xp to win all the raids.
    They deserve after this to get the rewards. And don't make it like raid gear is rotting for 1 year, there are at least 6 to 8 months of gear that is bought by people with DKP against 54 other players that bid too.
    And low tier raid guilds take 1 year to beat content at their own pace, gear is not rotting for them, and they are a good portion of EQ raiding guilds.
    It's not the casual no raider player that plays safely in his DH HA and say hey I have X dollars i can buy these items.
    Anyway the debate is simple : either you consider you have to raid to get the gear, either you consider you just have to have dollars and you can buy anything.
    Thankfully, contrary to a lot of games today, EQ is still the first way. And I think a large majority of raiders would not want DBG to make raid gear tradable on all EQ servers.

I have nothing against FV. I just say that if you consider you just have to have dollars to buy anything, or you are a non raider that wants to buy raid gear, you have the FV server. So you have a solution for everyone.
  17. Thraine Augur

I think lots are concerned about other peoples loots, if no one cared there would be no magelo.com, or elite gamers lounge site.

I think the bigger picture at hand is how EQ is being turned into a glorified smart phone game where you just buy gems or whatever to get ahead .. EQ is the new Candy Crush :)

Now everyone knows how long those pay to win games stay hip, whens the last time you played clash of clans or pokemon go? thats the path EQ is on now without all the newest graphics to stay relevent.
  18. Belexes ForumQuester

Chase loots should have been made no trade. I detest the pay to win model of gaming, specially for games like Everquest, which happens to be the only game I play and will ever play. When it goes, I go back to life before EQ, which wasn't bad at all for me since I am very active in other things and still am. I just won't have to budget any time for a PC game anymore and something else will benefit.
  19. Hellboy007 Augur

magelo is bull crap... hell most people just pad crap and that wont even be there real game play set up..

I would love to go to magelo and see what people use to actualy play good but if they just trying to be Mr. HP you dont get to see anything good.

or worse people go there and see how one nice player is set up be truly that is not the right set up for a class..

its all a joke.
  20. Hellboy007 Augur

I really see it differently. I dont mind chase loot one bit being attunable..

problem i see is why cant raiders be able to take advantage of there work raiding and sell things or trade to alts and such?

why is it those that have the most financial gain is those that run 24/7 bot scripts? I simply can not stand the fact that there is so much external $$$ going around for things. Kronos being pawned at extream prices and all sorts of in game market problems. Cheaters and hackers make money for doing what they do but people that actually raid cant do the same, that seems a bit unfair to me.

i think it would be cool if raid gear was all made attunable. though i know so many "die hard" everything needs to be NO Trade will see it much differently.