What to add to Box?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OsiVIper, Dec 31, 2016.

1. OsiVIper New Member

Currently have a two-box combo of SK/ENC. Looking to add a 3rd to the mix.

Was debating bard, but already have mez and clarity with enchanter.
    Was also debating shaman, but already have enchanter for slows.
    Mage would be a good DPS addition, but would have to focus more with him to do good dps.(CoH would be nice rather than trying to run 3 characters around) and would benefit from Enchanter Auras.
    Wizard would also be good, but same problem as mage (worse with no pet), but with ports.
  2. Go Hawks! New Member

It kinda depends what's more important to you. If it were me... I'd keep it simple and add a wiz... you can then have a group with 3 wizards and healer (2 wiz mercs, 1 healer). Which with your enchanter twin cast aura and mana reverb auras you are gonna essential disinigrate trash mobs and destroy names. Just learn agro management enough to keep your wiz mercs on burn and you essentially will only have to tab to your wiz to hit a nuke hotkey once per mob... the enchanter will more or less be on auto pilot..

If you want more quality of life things but slower kills then go for bard or Druid with track etc... I personally like killing things faster and easy box management. But you will go without some quality of life things.
  3. OsiVIper New Member

That's kind of why I was leaning Mage also. Mage would be 1-2 hotkey click, another pet, pet toys for Ench and SK, fairly powerful nukes, along with CoH and Damage Shield for tank
  4. moogs Augur

You forgot to add a druid.
  5. Go Hawks! New Member

Mage would be really good too.. you're trading CoH for teleport bind which is a good trade I think. CoH would be amazing for convenience. Mage pet can easily off tank and add or 2 as well. I've just personally always like the sheer power of a wizard. A well developed wizard can melt named mobs.. which is handy and fun.
  6. Tereil Elder

I do SK/Enc/Mag, and it is fantastic.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I box war/brd/mage

Berserker: The highest DPS, least utility, harder to box because you have to get in melee range
    Wizard: High DPS, synergy with your enchanter and DPS mercs
    Cleric/Druid: Healing for tougher fights if you can heal while you tank (shaman too, but has conflicts with enchanter). Better healing helps you get to the point where you can go in DPS with your SK and start to maul stuff (until they nerf tank DPS).
    Ranger: Good DPS, tracking, easy to box
    Mage: Mediocre DPS, CoH, can summong pet toys.

My recommendation: Pick one of the above based on what you want to play. With an SK/Enc you've already got an amazing core.
  8. Enigma Maitreya Augur

*Shrug* add a Ranger. Get the Ranger to at least Endless Quiver then get the Ranger a Good Bow.

Set a fight social to cast snare and then autofire.

If your doing Merc's, then any merc works well here. If the ranger is the lowest level then let the Ranger use a Healer Merc.

Mages don't need to Nuke .... I have paired my Mage with any of the Ranger, Beastlord, Rogue's, Shaman's, Druid's, Necromancer's, Chanter's and Cleric's I have as the 2nd box and passive play. I have a social to pet attack, then cast the swarm pet. I also cheat some times and manually cast a Pet Health to Mage Mana Over Time spell, when needed. I do it this way, when I want to get melee skills up or the encounter is more abut Aggro Control.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Wiz. You have tank and cc, but you need more dps.
  10. eqgamer Augur

my 3 box crew is enc sk wiz and pretty much lay the smack down. Exodus is bonus.