Solo/molo experience

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paravar, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Paravar Journeyman

Hi all,

Helping a friend get started and is new to the game. Due to work/family and stuff his time playing will be erratic at best. He is looking for the best possible class to molo with. He wants to see as much as he can but still solo/molo easily from 1-105 (if there are any classes that can).He does not plan on raiding any time soon.
    So if you could pick one class what would you choose that might fit the bill? I await your answer O'mighty eq board!
  2. moogs Augur

Beastlord is pretty great!

It's a fun class, it's good for newbies, and you can use the pet and mercenaries in different roles depending on the situation. For example, you can have the pet tank and heal it yourself and use a wizard merc for the main DPS, or you can use a cleric merc and do more of the tanking and dps yourself.
  3. Corak Elder

It is hard to argue with a mage for molo. You have the best pet tank, yourself for dps, and cleric merc for heals and buffs. Maybe not as interesting as Beastlord, but simple and effective.
    Gundolin and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. ShadowMan Augur

5. IblisTheMage Augur

6. Thraine Augur

Beastlord and Mage are both good choices .. Enchanter is pretty fun to solo with too
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Paravar Journeyman

Hi guys,

Well, after a few days of trying various classes he's decided on the Necro, Mage or BL. Which of these classes would be easiest for a new player? Also, which one's in your opinion's can do more molo (dungeon's, etc). Haven't heard ppl mention necro as molo in awhile..are they out of favor? Or just not that many ppl playing em nowadays.

Again, TY all for your advice!
  8. Minato Augur

Necros dont molo much because a merc isnt really needed. all 3 classes can do it but i think you would have an easier time on the necro. bst can be a great one also between slows buffs melee/pet/spell dps and pet tanking or off tanking adds
  9. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Totally disagree I use a merc on my necro's all the time. All 4 versions...

Don't really understand were your coming from with that except maybe a back door way of saying Necro's are over powered, which they are not. DPS is DPS and the more the better.
  10. Enigma Maitreya Augur

BL probably, fewer spells to buy meaning less plat to burn. A rock solid pet and a (rock solid fighter a good buffer a good slower a good healer) and a Merc brings more to the table for a lower plat out lay.

When in a crunch, Pet Hobbels OR slows, Beastlord pet heals + Shared Regen with Pet + Beastlord Slow and debuff + Healer Merc is going to go as far as and probably a lot farther than Necro or Mage.

Necro and Mage can Delay Heal their pet only .... well the Necro has a Group heal dot and a group mana regen dot. Beastlord has the Shaman Buffs, Generic heals, Pet Heals, Pet Buffs (customize spells the spells cast by the pet), common regen+buff spell between the pet and the Beastlord. Spirit of the Wolf.

Origin negates the need for Gate as start in Crescent Reach were the PoK stone is 1 zone away and maybe a 3 minute mostly straight run.
  11. Minato Augur

im in no way saying necros are too op you just read into that in the wrong way. im just under the assumption they can pet tank/heal when root/rot or kiting isnt available or simply tap/tank with runes (im not even sure how good of runes if any they get). Unless things changed since tbm and made them require mercs ive seen a few take out named in tbm without a merc out
  12. Dre. Altoholic

I recommend a single player game.
  13. Lily Augur

Lipstick!
  14. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Lets add back the active ingredient: "a merc isnt really needed"

*Shrug* I will stand by my assertion, Merc DPS/Healing is never a detriment and your new "required" is not what my understanding of the question is and I do not think anyone but you, in that reply, has implied "required" was a condition.
  15. moogs Augur

Rouge à lèvres!