Where to level at 102?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tuono, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Tuono New Member

I've recently returned to the game. My beastlord is 102 with t5 Merc. I'm rocking 80k+ HP's. I have all of the expansions including the new one. I have heard that doing dead hills HA will be great XP but I need a group for that. I'm a long time player but I haven't been active for the past few expansions. So my efficiency at playing a beastlord isn't amazing but getting better. I've tried the HOT zones but they are light blue now.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where I could solo/molo to get my butt to 105.
  2. nantalbus Elder

if you have all/most of the pet aa's and healing bases aa's done. along with a good pet ear get a wiz merc and if you are daring can molo the dh ha. Just let your pet tank and you heal/slow the pet. with aa a bst can heal their pets as good or better then a merc. just let the merc do the dps to kill the mobs.
  3. Gundolin Augur

If you can get a group there are a number of xp grind camps in EoK that I think surpass DH/HA's for xp, but without a group its going to be difficult to beat that xp level.

Outside of DHHA if you want to solo you might want to try Brother Island. Very little agroes in that zone so you can pick your camp and solo with ease. Or go back to Katta Castrum: Deluge, or Tempest Temple, also in the TDS expansion. But the experience for self Grinding in those zones isn't nearly as good as you can make in a DH/HA solo.
    moogs likes this.
  4. moogs Augur

Welcome back. Honestly there's no need to solo the Dead Hills HAs because it's a guarantee that someone will be doing them around the clock. You can hang out at the NPC and just ask to join and replace someone's merc. It's kind of a boring grind but the XP is not bad and it's a good way to get back into the swing of things.

For solo spots, I like RoF zones. City of Bronze is a favorite. If you can handle 2 at a time, the dungeon area is great. It's an RoF Tier 4 zone; if that's too rough you could get step down a notch and get some nice XP in Valley of Lunanyn or Beasts' Domain. Don't forget to check out the daily quests from Franklin Teek (get 95 and both 100 tasks?). They will be worth about 25-30% of a level iirc.
  5. Tuono New Member

Thanks guys. I have never tried some of these zones so I will give it a go.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Always good to have fun and explore new zones. I just leveled a shammy from 95-104 over the last week or so. It does not have TBM or EoK. DHHA's have been excellent exp and just as boring as ever.

But, what I really noticed, is that the EXP in TDS and earlier expansions is terrible with a capital "t". DBG really nerfs the exp in those zones to promote the latest expansion. I got less experience doing all the merc/partisan/hero missions in Degmar castle (and all the mob kills that go along with it) than I got from one DHHA trilogy run.

I can't stand grinding, and used to really enjoy doing progression as an alternative. But it's only good for exp in the latest two expansions.