Bug or hack program?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lily, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Lily Augur

My group spawned Fractured Shard in Chardok. We were clearing a mob in the way when it disappeared. We could see who had it on target and he was a group halfway across the zone in Dry Rot's room. We were at a dead end, so no one could have gotten to the mob without us seeing them. Are the mobs really this bugged or were they hackers?
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

How did you know the group was in Dry Rot's room?
  3. Lily Augur

Because I sent a tell to the person on target, and he said he was. I kept him on my extended target and I could see that he also killed Dry Rot.

And btw, just now we had the PH rooted, and it disappeared.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That said, I've never seen any hacks where someone can pull a mob to another place. People used to be able to warp TO places - they still can but there has been warp detection in place for many years and doing likely gets people suspended.
    Elricvonclief and Nandary Griefs like this.
  5. Randragon Augur

Noticed certain mobs like to warp around the zones in Chardok and Lab. Now the lab has Darkness and Screaming Tormentor that can spawn in a few locations.

In Chardok I have had the Fractured Shard and the named Chokidai warp to the Queens Room on the other side of the zone on us. Something is amiss on this mechanic.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

All they'd have to do is aggro somehow (not sure how that would happen across the zone) and warps are very possible.
    Some parts of zones have some very odd pathing/warping (nice suprise now and then to end up in the guild lobby thinking WTH just happened)
  7. Axxius Augur

Most likely a bug. Fractured Shard probably fell through the floor when it spawned (this happens pretty commonly with large mobs in new zones with flawed spawn points located too close to the floor). From below the world they can assist anything near the 0,0 coordinates. If they don't aggro on anybody there, they usually warp back to their intended spawn point after a while.

You may want to create a Bug Tracker ticket for the devs to check the spawn coordinates for the Fractured Shard and move them a little up from the floor.
  8. Lily Augur

Thanks for the replies. I hope this gets fixed.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah there are definitely some weird pathing and warping issues.
  10. mackal Augur

Happens in older zones too. Some mobs in oot will hop islands :p
  11. Tucoh Augur

Nothing like pulling a mob, seeing it disappear and feeling your heart skip a beat as you don't know what's coming next.

Then your ETW fills up with random mobs from the zone.
  12. Eaiana Augur

The revamp of Mistmoore created some epic trains this way. The named would aggro other random groups in the zone, Their AEs would trigger swarm pets from halfway across the zone to aggro them, it was glorious.
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

Frankly I blame Eaiana for all the shenanigans.
    Eaiana likes this.
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

When your carefully planned incoming single mob slips and falls off a ledge soon followed by the ETW lighting up with mobs you never knew existed and you're too slow to put Cleric mercs on passive causing a huge mob of enraged mobs to come running from halfway across the zone to murder everyone.

The silver medal is awarded if the train includes undead, see invis or a named which proceeds to chew through group mates who turned away from the screen for thirty seconds to grab a drink. If the remnants of your train aggro a group somewhere else in the zone on the way home then you win EQ for the day.
  15. blahblah Journeyman

Those tornado dudes are very buggy. They warp through walls, jack agro in large swaths, etc... I was camping Flight Master room and constantly had those pop over on/near me - which is opposite side of the zone. The pathing is insane on those. I didn't have a named in any case, luckily.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

One time I joined an OMM group (Old Man McKenzie), and the 'puller' made each named pop right at the zone in, and killed them while clearing zero trash.

I never grouped with them again, didn't want to get banned!, but such things are/were possible.