DBG's communications skills are atrocious

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moogs Augur

In the past, when the servers were coming down for emergency unscheduled maintenance, players in-game were notified via a system-wide message. They were provided with at least 10 minutes' warning to wrap up their business and log off. This did not happen yesterday.

Related: As much as I like Twitter, it is not a valid channel for communication regarding the servers coming down unexpectedly. Tweeting after the fact does not make things better. Please take 2 minutes out of your day to use the system-wide messaging system as this is the most convenient and effective method of communicating with players. At the same time, please post BEFORE the fact here on your official forums that the servers are coming down.

If my company did things the way that you do, we would be a trainwreck too.
  2. Seldom Augur

You made a post a few days ago about how these forums are slow as hell (when they aren't) and got a quick response from a DBG employee......
  3. moogs Augur

And if you read the post, you would have seen that it was a known issue for several months and it was affecting many people. I don't have a beef with the site admins; they have improved performance based on data provided. The communications staff (or the developer responsible) is not good at all with communicating about server outages.
  4. Seldom Augur

I didn't need to read that whole thread to garner it had a rude post title like this one does and yet you still got a quick response. Anyhow, will leave you and your nice communication thread alone. Have a nice day!
    Azbaelus likes this.
  5. RadarX Augur

Yesterday's downtime unfortunately was an emergency and could have resulted in significant loss of player progress. We had a number of other games doing updates that day so this had to be squeezed in and quickly. That box is normally checked but wasn't yesterday so we'll own that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.