Invested Spiked Scale Whip

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Schadenfreude, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Schadenfreude Augur

As I suspected this is underperforming compared to the other EoK raid ratio weapon I have available - Skypiercer. I've parsed it myself for a few weeks and have let a friend who is a Rogue borrow it for a little while and he concurs that the damage appears to be too low compared to what it was originally in Beta. I fully appreciate the ratio needs to be somewhat inferior due to the extremely low delay.

I understand, as with the broken group and raid progression charm, being an early adopter is fraught with dangers but can the ratio be looked at please. :)
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  2. Randragon Augur

Yes, I agree. The ratio is on the poor side compared to other EoK raid weapons. We are not asking for killed ratio stats but lets bump that up a little more.
  3. Kohnn Elder

/nod would be nice if it was closer matched to EoK raid weapons
  4. Ryanxp Augur

Isn't the ratio like 12?

Efreeti Standard being at a whopping 4/10 has been on the market for 250k+ on a weapon that's base EQ days.

I know my berserker gets double and triple attack percentages every hit so only under the assumption that a faster attack speed would gear towards increased hit percentages. This is gold on Zek or anything that'll add proc. To bump a 53/12, or whatever the ratio this weapon has, seems only to be splitting hairs to me.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=126110
    Oh oh oh,
    My bad. I just checked out this Invested bad boy! Secondary only? For shame.
  5. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

Umm... The efreeti standard is also secondary only... This weapon had a better ratio in beta than any other weapon. It was reduced below the ratios of the raid weapons. If the invested versions are supposed to be raid quality stats, then this weapon needs to be adjusted back up to be closer to the raid ratios, not the sub-raid ratio that it currently has.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Instead of buffing its damage, I'd rather see the raptor pet to be buffed until this weapon is competitive with other raid-quality weapons.

When I asked about the stacking issues with the wurmslayer (that makes its unique effect mostly useless for warriors), ngreth's response was
    So I don't think it should be assumed that these ancient items (honed or no) should be amazing.
  7. Noobi_wan New Member

The raid version is 6.16 ratio, the average raid weapon in EoK is 8.23-8.24. Even if you add a 12 dmg aug it will still be below EoK raid weapons at 7.16. On Beta it was 98/12 or 8.16, about equal to Eok Raid weapons.

If they want to keep the ratio low because of the 12 delay they can at least buff the proc. Convert the pet to an 8k dmg proc similar to the Monk/bst 1hander or buff the pet level.

With the exception of the slow belt, these seem to be our chase items this expansion due to the rarity of the Emblem needed to upgrade the Ancient drops, they should reflect that rarity in their stats/usefullness.
  8. Ruven_BB Augur

Given that CotF raid one handers were around 6.0 without augments, and current group weapons are at 6.16 ratio, something didn't happen quite right with this.

Please bump up the ratio to what it was in beta. The current weapon shouldn't have the same damage ratio as group dropping items (not chase group items, the standard group items not raid elevated).

Ruven
  9. Randragon Augur

Please bump it back up to beta standards or somewhere close to that or buff the proc better. The Emblem seems to be rare drop on raids so it seems like it should reflect the rarity of the emblem and the current EoK raid weapons.

On a high note I am enjoying this expansion immensely. Hopefully we get some additional content or quests put out around the half way mark.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

It's not all that rare. Probably 30-40%.
  11. Brohg Augur

We have not experienced this drop rate in my guild.
  12. Jaylin Augur

Ours either. Just broke into the second tier, so have 12-14 kills in now. We have only seen 1
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

The invested weapons should be EoK raid quality since they require a fairly uncommon raid drop which could otherwise be used to upgrade any of the other Ancient drops to EoK raid standards.

For what it's worth I'm perfectly ok with the proc although it would be nice if the pets on the invested version lived for 10s (as on Vander's Bane rather than 5s). I would much prefer the damage to be upped to something closer to what it was originally in Beta however if the extremely low delay needs to be raised slightly so the ratio and overall performance can be improved then that would seem reasonable.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

We've had two in total and both from Droga. You seem to have been extremely lucky with drops.
  15. Yeyo New Member

I could even understand if the ratio was lower due to the fact that it would proc more pets. But the pets absolutely suck, they are not the same pets as Vanders Bane. They hit for 1/4 of what Vanders pets hit for. This needs to be brought back up to just shy of raid EoK weapons and then leave the pets as is, or seriously bump the pets up. And even then, it still needs a decent damage increase. But you guys need to take a look at it overall and not just write it off because it procs pets. Those are very hit and miss as far as dps additives go.
  16. Kohnn Elder

In ROF you had the dreadstone weapons you obtained through group quests, got a raid drop to make it possessed and then it was in the same ballpark as rof raid weapons... if an item takes a raid drop, it should compare to raid items... bump the damage up to compare to Eok raid weapons.
  17. Ruven_BB Augur

As it stands, its the same ratio as current group weapons. Just bad design for a raid drop.
  18. Brokkah New Member

Can I ask what the stacking issue is with the wurmslayer effect for warriors please? I couldn't find another absorb melee damage effect in that slot. Thanks!
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

From what I remember in Beta it's a vie effect so anything of that type (including Cleric merc buffs and several tank discs) do not stack even though they might appear to do so.
  20. Brohg Augur

vie effects are best-works, doesn't matter where the effect is coming from